Bellator 142: Dynamite 1 6:30PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

Maybe, if it was Bellator he signed with but it wasnt. Some unknown org from ex pride owner is starting doesnt sound too exciting if you ask me. Fedor/ Sylvia 2 here we go folks! lol

at Sylvia current weight, that's freakshow territory (pride's specialty!)

at Sylvia current weight, that's freakshow territory (pride's specialty!)

I honestly would not be surprised in the least if that came to fruition, like seriously who is Fedor going to fight? Sakuraba for crying out loud? That wouldn't surprise me either, maybe Couture or Frank Shamrock!?! Im so disappoint right now. lol

Gigantic win for Liam, Ortiz has good submission defence usually, big win and happy the prospect won.

Couldn't care less about PRIDE 2, its not gonna have anywhere near the fucking roster of PRIDE.

Overall

pro: Big event feel, pride style, packed house, Liam vs Davis looked good and they set up a really interesting fight down the line. Tournament falling apart is def a con but there is a positive to it. Davis/Mo you'd lose one of them, now Davis can get a shot at the title and Mo can come back and get one more fight and get the winner. You dont knock one of them off. If I'm Bellator I do Mo/Tito.

Cons: event dragged out, the Glory kickboxing didnt go over well at all, the fights didnt really deliver and the tournament completely fell apart. Not only Mo is out but the rules state the loser advances but Vassell couldnt compete. Shows the problem with one night tournaments. They tried but that just didnt work out.

Not only Mo is out but the rules state the loser advances but Vassell couldnt compete. Shows the problem with one night tournaments

i still liked the tournament, and actually i think i'd rather have a winner of a reserve bout fight than the loser of an original bout, especially in this case if the winner of the reserve has half a name as carmont does.

Fair play to Mr Wonderful. He gets cut from the UFc for being a bore then he does two finishes in one night.

Phil Davis was really impressive in the tournament. Huge win over Newton. Should be a great fight with Liam coming up.

Davis has a potential to be big Bellator star. Two nice finishes, quick work over former champ, Bellator will show his KO over and over again, good looking guy, silly persona that likes to joke around....Bellator kinda hit jackpot with Davis. He could be big in few more fights, especially if he keeps on subbing people like he usually does against weaker competition.

Also sweet sub by Liam, he is a slick guy on the ground.

Picking Davis against Liam, I think Davis lays on him for 2 rounds and subs him in 3rd when Liam slows down on the ground.

I was there last night with my brother. Cool event, but there were more than 300 seats available in the nose bleeds, and a bunch in the pit seats. I'm surprised to hear Coker didn't bother to paper the rest of the event once the main event started. It's a fairly intimate arena, even though it's a good size; Coker was right that there's good technology in there with the sound system and giant screens so you don't miss the action.

It was a nice night of fights, with Phil Davis being the biggest surprise. People were booing him something fierce, as he was doing the typical dance around with the occasional strike. However, it quickly turned to "Boo-urns! Boo-urns!" once he got his finishes.

When I saw Davis vs. Francis Carmont, I thought it was a typo; had no idea he was even an alternate. Still a fun night of fights. Being in the arena, I finally understood the context and culture of booing. When it goes to the ground, there's an animalistic mob mentality of screaming for action every five seconds. With so little patience, it ignores the few minutes it took for Phil to get his ground game going to secure the sub. They cheered the finish, but didn't appreciate the positioning it took to have the Kimura leverage over Newton. Oh well.

It was interesting seeing all the well known faces there, like Stitch, Randy, BJ, GSP, Kimbo, etc. What's funny is people kept interrupting BJ to hug him and get a picture, but people seemed to leave GSP alone. The occasional Kimbo autograph too. Fedor was exciting to see in the arena, and I was hyped to hear he came back. Disappointed to learn later it was a Japanese Pride 2.0 org, as I'd rather he at least stay in Bellator.

I just watched it pirated without commercials (only way to get it in this country) and thought it was a fun spectacle. Entertaining night of fights overall and fun concept.

Really liked the event, can't remember when I had that much fun with a UFC card (except the 189). I think mixing with glory contributed to this feeling, I though it was nice to have some fast paced action even without any finishes it seemed to be a nice change in rythm. Sucked that King Mo couldn't continue the tournament, seems to me that a nowerdays one night tournaments are nearly impossible, commissions are really picky (which is a good thing for fighters health but not so much for the entertainement).

https://instagram.com/p/71zKzcp4rm/

i guess they had simultaneous fights going on after mcgeary-tito for the remaining fights? and some went in ring, some in cage? guessing terry got the ko in the ring based on the pic here?

idk if conclusive.

internet mma news sites etc are SERIOUSLY slacking

Nice one thanks Ez I ended up finding the same Pic!

Very slack coverage by the media

Back