Bellator 142: Dynamite 1 6:30PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

Oh I'm not saying Phil Davis is bad, not at all. But it clearly shows the substantial talent difference between UFC and Bellator's LHW divisions.

I edited the earlier post with some more meat, but it's not a stretch to say that Davis and McGeary could be top 5 LHW's, and I think it's clear they are top 10 at minimum. With Bones gone, UFC isn't exactly loaded at LHW. It has Cormier, whom I think is better than either Davis or McGeary, then it has a bunch of guys who aren't any better. As a matter of fact, the guy fighting Cormier for the title next already lost to Davis.

The "icon"?? WTF is with these commentators boasting up Ortiz?? He has been around a long time but he is far fron an "icon" sheeesh

Rewind 10 years. As cringeworthy as he is, and as far as he's dropped off from his peak, he still had the most UFC LHW defences after Jones.

This man speaks the truth, as cringey as Tito is..he's fairly important to the success of the UFC. He'd be GOAT probably if he never spoke.

that's an interesting point. part of what makes him so unavoidable though, is his weird mix of charisma, cringyness, excuses, innocence and kid like behavior.

Oh I'm not saying Phil Davis is bad, not at all. But it clearly shows the substantial talent difference between UFC and Bellator's LHW divisions.

No it doesnt it just shows Phil is Top 5 LHW. Theres no one outside the Top 5 in the Ufc who Phil could not dominate. Glovers ranked number 3 and Phil made him look like an amateur

I love tito Man, he is so funny, cring and awkward, I think him vs Kimbo at CW would be interesting

Or at HW. Here's what would happen: Tito hapes Kimbo all over the cage like Meathead did, but then he gives up a guillotine choke to Kimbo. Tito then reminds us that Kimbo also submitted World heavyweight Champion Ray Mercer, and that's good company to be in because "I tried my hardest." Then he cashes that backroom check.

I edited the earlier post with some more meat, but it's not a stretch to say that Davis and McGeary could be top 5 LHW's, and I think it's clear they are top 10 at minimum. With Bones gone, UFC isn't exactly loaded at LHW. It has Cormier, whom I think is better than either Davis or McGeary, then it has a bunch of guys who aren't any better. As a matter of fact, the guy fighting Cormier for the title next already lost to Davis.

shhhhh. People will say Gustafsson was green (and Davis wasn't).

Gus is the only fighter I know who gets a great rep for almost beating somebody.

Cormier will ragdoll him, and Davis would too (again).

Kimbo VS Tito is next big money fight for Bellator. And Tito takes the loss and Kimbo wins another big rating.

Lets recap:

In one night, Phil Davis had more finishes than he did in his last 5 years.

As relieved as I am, I'm shocked they aren't going to stream the postlims given the fact that there are seven of them.

Rewind 10 years. As cringeworthy as he is, and as far as he's dropped off from his peak, he still had the most UFC LHW defences after Jones.

I guess only in the UFC can a person be called a Legend with a 18-12 record.

Or at HW. Here's what would happen: Tito hapes Kimbo all over the cage like Meathead did, but then he gives up a guillotine choke to Kimbo. Tito then reminds us that Kimbo also submitted World heavyweight Champion Ray Mercer, and that's good company to be in because "I tried my hardest." Then he cashes that backroom check.

I won't be shocked at all if Kimbo choke Tito, it would be the most hilarious moment in all Bellator

As much as people like to discredit Bellator's divisions, Phil Davis may be the first UFC guy to win a Bellator belt. All the other former Bellator champions never fought in the UFC prior to winning the title.

lol well fedor signing is probably the biggest thing to happen for bellator

Maybe, if it was Bellator he signed with but it wasnt. Some unknown org from ex pride owner is starting doesnt sound too exciting if you ask me. Fedor/ Sylvia 2 here we go folks! lol

Back