Bellator 132 Ratings

mime

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Looks like they did a 767,000 for Friday (source: http://www.ratingsintel.com/top-100-shows-friday-january-16-2015/)

compare it to their previous shows:

Bellator 123 Live 667,000, Peak 979,000; Live +3 777,000, +3 Peak 1,193,000
Bellator 124 Live 771,000, Peak 1,200,000; Live +3 836,000, +3 Peak 1,429,000
Bellator 125 Live 742,000 , Peak 947,000; Live + 3 796,000, +3 Peak 1,120,000
Bellator 126 Live 656,000, Peak 946,000; Live + 3 687,000, +3 Peak 1,011,000
Bellator 127 Live 609,000, Peak 780,000; Live +3 670,000, +3 Peak 886,000
Bellator 128 Live 668,000, Peak 946,000; Live + 3 731,000, +3 Peak 990,000
Bellator 129 Live 564,000, Peak 780,000; Live +3 683,000, +3 Peak 948,000
Bellator 130 Live 640,000, Peak 952,000; Live +3 755,000, +3 Peak 1,140,000

source: http://mmapayout.com/2014/10/bellator-130-live-3-up-to-755000/

this looks good for Bellator because that was imo one of the weaker cards that they could put together in the new format. I think those knockout and submission package shows earlier in the week helped promote it too.

I hope the ratings continue to improve. That Kimbo rating will be impressive.

That's actually pretty bad for them. Before when it's four shows a month, these ratings are chill. But it's their one show this month and it did bad.

Manhoef and Storm? Won't do good numbers either. The Invasion show lost some talent and wont do anything special.

Maybe I overestimated the talent on the roster but this whole less frequent thing may not work out. Doesn't seem like there is any more promotion going into it.

That's actually a really good number.

I had predicted a number closer to 600K, a little lower actually, as this show was pretty devoid of star power. I think it's an indication that the Tito/Bonnar show might've increased their base audience.

That link you gave in the OP takes you to the page for Bellator 130 and when I went to the main page of the site there was no link to a Bellator number. I wonder if that number was wrong and he took it down...

That link you gave in the OP takes you to the page for Bellator 130 and when I went to the main page of the site there was no link to a Bellator number. I wonder if that number was wrong and he took it down...

sorry if the links were confusing, Friday's cable ratings were on the first link: http://www.ratingsintel.com/top-100-shows-friday-january-16-2015/

That's actually pretty bad for them. Before when it's four shows a month, these ratings are chill. But it's their one show this month and it did bad.

yeah I guess it depends on how you look at it. It did better than any show last season except 131 of course but it is also only about once a month now. They are filling some time with best of shows which do decent ratings too.

I think the number was solid from the standpoint that I thought the card was weak. If they look at this as a baseline and start loading up the cards then I think they will can see some growth.

OP provided source for B132 in the beginning and the 2nd link is source for the other Bellator numbers that he provided.

Bellator 131 did 1.24 mill with 2 mill peak.

thing is these are about what weekly cards do, dont think they moved to monthly hoping to just do what weekly shows did.

The idea is less shows, more promo between evens and bigger ratings.

That didnt happen.

We'll have to see what Uk big event does, what March and april events do.

Kimbo and Tito cards will do big but they need to bring up these numbers for every other card.

Manhoef and Storm? Won't do good numbers either. The Invasion show lost some talent and wont do anything special.

Maybe I overestimated the talent on the roster but this whole less frequent thing may not work out. Doesn't seem like there is any more promotion going into it.

Bad? It's their 2nd highest rated show compared to last season, which produced a higher avg of ratings compared to the spring 14 season. Not to mention FWs were both headliner and co-headline.

Secondly, Storm has produced the highest-rating avg when he headlines compared to any Bellator champ. Storm vs Manhoef will do just fine.

Whether or not the Invasion will pull anything "special," we will have to wait and see. It will be their 2nd "big" show but without the drawing power of Tito.

Bad? It's their 2nd highest rated show compared to last season, which produced a higher avg of ratings compared to the spring 14 season. Not to mention FWs were both headliner and co-headline.

Secondly, Storm has produced the highest-rating avg when he headlines compared to any Bellator champ. Storm vs Manhoef will do just fine.
That's not true. Storm was one of their weakest draws as champ. Only his fight against Ward did over 700k and his title defense against Cooper was one of Bellator's lowest ratings.

vs Halsey 687k
vs Ward 800k
vs Marshall 691k
vs Cooper 437k

Compared to Dantas...

vs Warren 731k
vs Leone 718k
vs Galvao 719k

Jason Floyd @Jason_Floyd

"Bellator 132 average 767k and peak of broadcast was 1.2 million. Pitbull/Straus had 1.1 million viewers from 10:52-11:25"

Jason Floyd @Jason_Floyd

"Bellator 132 average 767k and peak of broadcast was 1.2 million. Pitbull/Straus had 1.1 million viewers from 10:52-11:25"
Let's just say over a million people watched this show because aside from a co-main event that can be summed up in a gif, Pitbull vs Straus was the only fight that mattered.

And you wonder why they signed Kimbo? Why they have Tito, why they wanted Cro Cop, why they want Del Rio.

Cause besides them the rest of Bellators roster does these type of ratings which arent bad but with that network they expect and want a whole lot more, especially when they only do a show a month now.

don't even understand how Bellator 129 had close to a million views

that card was garbage top to bottom

Jason Floyd @Jason_Floyd

that peak is in line with Bellator 124 which was Newton/Beltran and McGeary/Anundson

These ratings are a good gauge to see who is a needle mover so the UFC can sign them later :D

Rampage was right - they do better numbers than the UFC. It's great to see them doing so well.

Rampage was right - they do better numbers than the UFC. It's great to see them doing so well.

I know you are a troll and wont be around long but just to shut you up, UFC prelims on A sunday going against NFL Playoffs did better ratings and peaked higher than Bellator title fight.

Cathal/Spencer > Pitbull/Straus during Playoffs on a lesser network in less homes with less viewer average.

Keep trolling :D

I know you are a troll and wont be around long but just to shut you up, UFC prelims on A sunday going against NFL Playoffs did better ratings and peaked higher than Bellator title fight.

Cathal/Spencer > Pitbull/Straus during Playoffs on a lesser network in less homes with less viewer average.

Keep trolling :D

"Overall for the day, FOX Sports 1 averaged 522,000 viewers, making it its third best day ever."

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/the-co...-record-breaking-mma-ratings-for-fox-sports-1

522,000 < 767,000

Sorry Dana, YOU LOSE!!!

"Overall for the day, FOX Sports 1 averaged 522,000 viewers, making it its third best day ever."

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/the-co...-record-breaking-mma-ratings-for-fox-sports-1

522,000 < 767,000

Sorry Dana, YOU LOSE!!!

you're a total tool hahaha

The UFC Fight Night 59 prelims averaged 908,000 viewers, according to FOX, despite going up against the AFC Championship on CBS. From 9:45-10 p.m. ET, it peaked with 1.486 million viewers. That made it the second-best set of UFC prelims in FOX Sports 1 history for a non-pay-per-view main card.

you're a total tool hahaha

The UFC Fight Night 59 prelims averaged 908,000 viewers, according to FOX, despite going up against the AFC Championship on CBS. From 9:45-10 p.m. ET, it peaked with 1.486 million viewers. That made it the second-best set of UFC prelims in FOX Sports 1 history for a non-pay-per-view main card.

I've highlighted where you went wrong. This is for PRELIMS. You know, that stuff that they put on FIGHT PASS. Not the actual show. The actual show had just over 500,000.

And like I said before, 500,000 < 767,000.

Once again Dana, YOU LOSE.

Back