Bellator 132 Ratings

I've highlighted where you went wrong. This is for PRELIMS. You know, that stuff that they put on FIGHT PASS. Not the actual show. The actual show had just over 500,000.

And like I said before, 500,000 < 767,000.

Once again Dana, YOU LOSE.

actually this proves the PRELIMS had better number than bellators MAIN card, kinda sad

No seriously Dana, 500,000 is less than 767,000. You think people would know this.

you are a horrible troll man unless you really are dumb enough to not comprehend what you're reading... haaha oh shii so you really are that dumb.

I've highlighted where you went wrong. This is for PRELIMS. You know, that stuff that they put on FIGHT PASS. Not the actual show. The actual show had just over 500,000.

And like I said before, 500,000 < 767,000.

Once again Dana, YOU LOSE.
You think Fight Pass prelims do 900k viewers? That would make Bellator look even worse in comparison.

you are a horrible troll man unless you really are dumb enough to not comprehend what you're reading... haaha oh shii so you really are that dumb.
His trolling is having the opposite effect that he intended. According to him, Joby Sanchez vs Tateki Matsuda on Fight Pass outperformed Bellator in the ratings.

Lets try an experiment here: Which is bigger, 500,000 or 767,000? If 767,000 is bigger, Bellator wins. If 500,000 is bigger, UFC wins.

This is NOT difficult, troll.

Glad to see people tuned in specifically for the main. I know that sounds bad, but it does show to me a lot of fans are paying attention to Bellators bigger fights and the rating isn't just people that leave it on after cops.

Though I predict they won't get much higher of an average rating at the expense of less content.

Someone tell me this boxing troll cant think of anything better than to compare the entire day average of a network FS1 to a two hour block of Bellator programming.

WOuld hope a troll could do something better than that, its just lazy, step your game up troll.

Glad to see people tuned in specifically for the main. I know that sounds bad, but it does show to me a lot of fans are paying attention to Bellators bigger fights and the rating isn't just people that leave it on after cops.

Though I predict they won't get much higher of an average rating at the expense of less content.

Its why they signed Kimbo, why UFC signed Cro COp to keep him from Bellator.

The 05-09 mma names especially on a network like Spike will draw more than one of the best fighters in the world who nobody really knows like a Pitbull or Brooks or Halsey.

Kongo, Tito, Mo, Kimbo, Lashley, these are Bellators top 5 draws.

For it being sort of the first show of the new season I like the ratings. The card had a great main event and a good co-main and it appears to have outshined most all of the shows from last year in the ratings despite it changing time formats. The first show under a new format should be hit the worst, now they have main events established and can move forward accordingly. Not sure why Spike would need to see dramatically better ratings for a show if it shows once a month as opposed to it showing once a week. I would think as long as they keep performing around this number while the quarterly shows hit at near a million all is good.

I know you are a troll and wont be around long but just to shut you up, UFC prelims on A sunday going against NFL Playoffs did better ratings and peaked higher than Bellator title fight.

Cathal/Spencer > Pitbull/Straus during Playoffs on a lesser network in less homes with less viewer average.

Keep trolling :D

didnt tito put up the same numbers as mcgregor and how much morevpromotion went into the ufc how old of a company is bellator compared to the ufc

For it being sort of the first show of the new season I like the ratings. The card had a great main event and a good co-main and it appears to have outshined most all of the shows from last year in the ratings despite it changing time formats. The first show under a new format should be hit the worst, now they have main events established and can move forward accordingly. Not sure why Spike would need to see dramatically better ratings for a show if it shows once a month as opposed to it showing once a week. I would think as long as they keep performing around this number while the quarterly shows hit at near a million all is good.

Because less cards means better cards which means more time to promote.

They didnt do less cards/monthly shows to do same gates/ticket sales and weekly ratings they did during seasons. They want growth with this new Bellator.

Big ratings, big names, bigger venues, bigger production budget, more money means more money to sign big free agents.

Its not bad like omg they are going under but they need to up their game for cards that dont feature Kimbo/Tito.

The amount of promotion for the event seemed rather business as usual. It wasn't treated like a special event like the last one so i expected to see their weekly format average. I think if they are doing a once a month format, which i'm fine with, they should treat each event like a big deal.

I know Coker is only aiming to have 4 "major" events per year but i don't think Spike will be happy with just 4 strong showings in the ratings per year.

Every card Bellator gives extra promotion to does very well. They should be shoving names like Pitbull, Lima, etc. down peoples throats. This isn't like Strikeforce where the names were all there for the taking from the fall of PRIDE, EliteXC, and Affliction respectively. Bellator is in the position where they have to focus more on newer guys than Strikeforce had to because Strikeforce fell ass backwards into a slew of names that weren't considered over the hill or weren't truly ran out of the UFC.

That's because Bellators off season promotion was centered around saying they were gonna sign a bunch of retired guys and not this card.

They didnt do less cards/monthly shows to do same gates/ticket sales and weekly ratings they did during seasons. They want growth with this new Bellator.

Big ratings, big names, bigger venues, bigger production budget, more money means more money to sign big free agents.

Its not bad like omg they are going under but they need to up their game for cards that dont feature Kimbo/Tito.

its part of building the promotion

yes they should do more for a monthly but they r also putting less money into the smaller shows atleast give them two or three of their big shows and lets see what they do after its about building the brand theres no way u can look at ratings, signings, and media coverage and say that scott hasnt done real well in a short period of time with bellator

That hasn't helped them in the past. They've had some rough starts to seasons when they just popped up out of nowhere.

This time it wasn't exactly out of nowhere, with the best of episodes the week before, which was the point. But they didn't commit much promotion overall or many fighters to that show.

You really shouldn't be comparing that show's #'s to so-called tentpole event's. Because it wasn't a tentpole event. It was like one of their weekly's, only they'll now be semi monthly instead. By their normal show standard, it did fine.

Save the million-plus expectation they've set in the past with Alvarez-Chandler 2 and Tito-Bonnar for similar Saturday tentpole events like 134.

Point is they should be able to promote monthly events more now, maybe not as much as the big 4 events but enough that they get the ratings up to around a mill a show.

Its fine if goal is to do less shows but basically be in the same space they were in before during seasons, going to same venues, selling same amount of tickets and doing same ratings.

but I thought goal was to grow.

didnt tito put up the same numbers as mcgregor and how much morevpromotion went into the ufc how old of a company is bellator compared to the ufc

NO. 1.2 mil average with 2 mil peak, is not the same as 2.7mil average and 3.2 mil peak.

Better numbers than I expected. This card was terrible except for the main event. They need to step shit up, Bjorn's Bellator was way better than this sh*t!!

Bmma has put on two shows under coker one broke all their records and the last one (which was considered weak and was even headlined by the lower division guys) did above average and had a nice peak.. people are hopping all over coker when he doesnt hit a home run, people have to understand and be more realistic about expectations.. i expect coker to start with the "weaker" shows and pick up steam as the year goes on, why blow your load early?

at the end of the year, i expect a noticable improvement in averages with healthier peaks..

Bmma has put on two shows under coker one broke all their records and the last one (which was considered weak and was even headlined by the lower division guys) did above average and had a nice peak.. people are hopping all over coker when he doesnt hit a home run, people have to understand and be more realistic about expectations.. i expect coker to start with the "weaker" shows and pick up steam as the year goes on, why blow your load early?

at the end of the year, i expect a noticable improvement in averages with healthier peaks..

Joker has been around since June, and has a couple more cards largely arranged. We know his tendency by now. And that is outside the "tentpole" events, he's not improving the quality of cards, in spite of having many fewer. He's also depleting and alienating the original talent base so future shows suffer. But we don't blame him, he's just a figurehead for Viacom. These tendencies started before Coker's arrival, they've just become more extreme once strong, sensible voices like Rebney and Caplan left the room.

Back