Bellator 120 PPV buys predictions

150k.. Rampage and Tito two big names on it

Prediction: UFC continues rampage on pirates / streamers / bars showing events. Bellator takes over the MMA mainstream

Way more bars then i expected are showing it down by me. Factoring in that I'm gonna say 120k buys. What do you guys think?

Bars don't count towards PPV buys. The PPV buy estimates that are published are strictly consumer household PPV buys and do not include business license sales.

If anything, more bars showing it would HURT their PPV buy numbers, not help it, as more people would have the alternative of going to a bar rather than ordering it at home.

As far as non-Zuffa MMA PPVs go, the vast majority have sold under 20K. The only non-Zuffa MMA PPVs to do significantly over 20K were Affliction (95K average) and the two Las Vegas Pride shows (60K average). I don't think Bellator's card has the strength to match the sales for those Affliction or Pride shows. Pre-Alvarez injury, I would have put it in the same class as Bodog: Clash of the Nations (headlined by Fedor-Lindland) and WFA: King of the Streets (headlined by Rampage-Lindland), and neither of those PPVs managed to crack 20K.

Now, before you jump on me with the 'but Bellator has a better platform (SpikeTV) and a half-million dedicated viewers' arguments, consider this. TNA wrestling shares the same platform and gets even better ratings than Bellator, but only pulls 10K-20K for their PPV buys. What makes you think Bellator will be any better converting Spike viewers into PPV buyers? Spike fans are willing to watch stuff for free, but that doesn't mean they are willing to become paying customers. TNA's ratings and PPV sales blow the 'platform' argument out of the water.

I'm going to guess 25K, based on sales for other non-Zuffa PPVs and grudgingly giving Bellator a slight bump for the Spike platform. I wouldn't be shocked if the number was as low 15K or as high as 50K. Anything over 50K would be a major surprise to me, and if they crack 100K I'd be absolutely fucking shocked.

Prediction: UFC continues rampage on pirates / streamers / bars showing events. Bellator takes over the MMA mainstream
Bars show events legally and pay a premium to do it, UFC provides a list of Bars showing the event on their website. Bellator sure as shit aint going to be happy if anyone streams this PPV. In fact streaming and pirating might end Bellator right off the bat.

45-75k

They should have put it on CBS.

Anyone aware of any bars showing this?

They're still advertising it like Alvarez is still fighting so, who knows...

Last edited:
Yeah I missed it. Those numbers sound about right. I'll be surprised if it even touches 90,000.

Thank you sir. I know I'm on here all day but I do miss things from time to time.

Wow I'm surprised "Not going to watch it" is in the lead. For free, I'm definitely watching it.

It's not Free though, it's $45... So you could head to Dave and Busters then drinks are outrageous there, call around a bunch of Bars until you find what that doesn't say whatbis that, or watch it illegally which I personally will not do.

It's not Free though, it's $45... So you could head to Dave and Busters then drinks are outrageous there, call around a bunch of Bars until you find what that doesn't say whatbis that, or watch it illegally which I personally will not do.

I think you just misunderstood my comment. I know it's not free, but if you can get it for free, and if you have nothing to do why would you not want to watch it as an MMA fan?

A lot of people on here just want to be in the "in" crowd of Sherdog so they shit on stuff like WWMMA and praise Brock Lesnar and the almighty UFC hype machine.

"Main event is gone now and everyone's pissed, so I'm going to join the crowd and say I won't watch it to be extra rebellious and cool. UFC PPV's for life bro. Oh no, my plat account is about to run out gotta reup so my name sticks out and everyone knows who I am!"

That's how the typical Sherdogger thinks.

I think you just misunderstood my comment. I know it's not free, but if you can get it for free, and if you have nothing to do why would you not want to watch it as an MMA fan?

A lot of people on here just want to be in the "in" crowd of Sherdog so they shit on stuff like WWMMA and praise Brock Lesnar and the almighty UFC hype machine.

"Main event is gone now and everyone's pissed, so I'm going to join the crowd and say I won't watch it to be extra rebellious and cool. UFC PPV's for life bro. Oh no, my plat account is about to run out gotta reup so my name sticks out and everyone knows who I am!"

That's how the typical Sherdogger thinks.
If you had a way of watching it for free, of course people would watch it. It's definitely a watchable card if they weren't charging $45 for it. I'm going to watch the prelims since they are free. If they replay it free I will likely watch as well. Of course I will watch Titan FC on CBSsports today as well or at the very least DVR it. Just as I will watch WSOF on NBCsports and NBC and every UFC card on Fox FS1/FS2.

Back