Belcher will beat Okami

this is a really hard fight to pick, if Belcher shows up looking like he has in his last 4 outings he's going to be hard to beat... Okami has not looked stellar since the Title fight, I like both fighters and will go with the guy who has shown to be more consistent as of late. I've got Belcher by close decision...

i have no fucking idea. bad at mmath so i wont pick

Flip a coin. That's the chances of who will win.

Okami is just such a strong fighter and hes big as well.

Having a look at Belchers record I dont see anyway how he wins this fight, but if theres something going on behind the scenes which I cant see then Belcher has a chance. Belcher was taken down by Partick Cote LOL

But yeah apart from that, Okami is a big strong guy who has good reach who can just keep the fight on the feet, keep belcher at distance and take it to the ground if he chooses too.

my main justification for this fight?

Okami beat Nate.

Belcher would not beat Nate.

implied mmamath.

I think Okami will win. Belcher is flaky. Besides that, Okami has better wrestling, a very good jab, and great top control. He will frustrate Belcher in the first round and cruise to a decision. Unless Belcher makes a comeback like Boetsch, but I don't see that happening.

I imagine Belcher won't be able to pull off a 1 in 100 fluke like Boetsch did.

Agree. Skill-wise, Okami is a top-5 middleweight. He slipped up in the third round against Boetsch, but was winning that fight until then, and I'd still pick him to beat Boetsch in a rematch.

Absolutely noone is writing Belcher off. The picks on MMA sites and betting trend confirms this.

Belcher is getting the respect he deserves after the Palhares win and his current streak. He is not underrated anymore, and you cannot play MMA hipster by saying he is.

Edit: Same shit happened with Shogun's wrestling after the Hendo fight. Everyone and their dog was like "Shogun's wrestling is underrated! he will grapplefuck Gus!"

Made a nice chunk of money on people who thought that.

Who's writing him off? I see a lot of people writing Okami off as of lately.

Okami's contender days are done.

okami lost the fight to Tim cuz he kinda slipped up on the cage while backing up . okami should beat alan belcher to a bloody pulp with ease.

okami lost the fight to Tim cuz he kinda slipped up on the cage while backing up . okami should beat alan belcher to a bloody pulp with ease.

Normally I'd agree but the biggest thing is that Okami looked tentative as fuck against Buddy and he was taking hits he shouldn't have.

I think getting finished twice by strikes messed with his head a bit.

What are the odds on this fight?

I think Belcher will win.

Back