News Belal Muhammad vs. Gilbert Burns POTENTIALLY set for UFC 288 (UPDATE: IN JEOPARDY)

Holy hell dude are really trying to use Conor McGregor as an example of the UFC not playing casting couch favorites to try to brush weird looking dudes from undersirable countries under the table?
You are completely out of touch with reality.

lol "maybe he wanted too much", more absolutely deflective bullshit to pretend like I'm not right.
Merab is getting absolutely zero push by the UFC; you and your buddy above are pissants who will reach so far up your own sphincters to deny the reality that the UFC is a bogus league that fucks with guys because of looks, geography or perceived popularity while finding every avenue possible to keep marketing darlings in big money fights.

Merab literally said he doesn’t want to fight for the title as long as Sterling is the champ and just came off a main event against a former champion. You really have no clue what you’re talking about as evidenced when you said Machida had to go through some kind of gauntlet to get a title shot. It’s probably close to feeding time Simple Jack, that should keep you occupied for a little while.

I think it's the other way around, Luque and Brady are overrated and would get melted by the top guys (Colby, Prime Usman, Leon, Burns), and Belal is only relevant because he hasn't fought anyone at the top yet.

All his best wins have been favourable, old Demian Maia, Sean Brady who has no striking, and Wonderboy who has no wrestling, Belal just gets by on his wrestling and cardio both of which are not top tier, just good enough for him to pretend like he's good enough to be champ.

colby is overrated.
Who did he beat? Belal fought guys on winning streaks.
You are overestimating the top of the WW. They are not that good.

It's truly telling about where the UFC is at that the guy everyone fears most (Shavkat) is shoved under the rug behind all these goofs.
It's Colby holding shit up at this point getting gifted yet another title shot for doing nothing. The sooner he loses, the better it will be for the division and for it to get back on track. Cause he's the only line jumper right now.

Just drop it. Your false narrative has been refuted by explanations (popularity and marketability over where one is from) and plenty of examples from both other posters and myself.

Popular fighters that sell well get a push from the UFC no matter what country they are from. It's not a demographic of ethnographic issue. It's a popularity and marketability (sales) issue.
To illustrate it one last time to you:
Once Khabib got popular and marketable enough he could jump the cage and cause havoc without any major repercussions and he could have a very suspect and dubious weight in Abu Dhabi.
Chimaev is popular and marketable and could fuck up a main event and joke about it without any major repercussions.
Raul Rosas Jr was also getting a big push due to potentially being marketable (ticking all your boxes I believe).

Chimaiev has had major repercussions. He hasn't been booked in nearly a year and will likely be sidelined permanently. I'd be astonished if he ever fought again.

Back