Being KOED

sparkles

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone knows what it feels like? Foreman described it once that when the referee was counting he saw 9 women and everytime the ref counted one of them dissapeared ... "So you'll better get up " he said. You can be KOed cold (like Hoost vs Cikatic for instance), but I'm more interested when you are hurt badly. When you go down it's over (you can't get up), but sometimes fighters seem to be able to survive on their feet in Zombie mode. Roy Jones was hurt badly vs Tarver and almost went down, but he survived. Krasniqi was hurt badly and was out on his feet vs Brewster but he held on and even hurt Brewster.

So my question is :

1/ what does it feels like?
2/ Does the surviving has to do with heart and determination?

I got knocked out once in training, but I don't remember a whole lot. I remember seeing the glove, then a flash of light. The next thing, I open my eyes and I am laying on my back looking up at the ceiling. My friends said that my legs just went to rubber and I dropped straight down. It didn't really feel like anything. Turns out I was only KOED for a few seconds until I hit the floor. But it was an experience though.

in arcades they have this niftly new boxing sim where it has sensors and you hold these big gloves and its like virtual reality. when you get hit in that game the visuals are very real check it out

if you dont go to the arcade much its like this: you know how your eye gets shit upside down and has some mechanism to flip it back up right? well it you get hit in the forehead/back of the head up there that little mechanism stops working. so everything goes sideways upside down and stuff.you can't hear either. when i get rocked my first intinct is "what's going on? oh shit i cant see! i better shoot before the ref sees me cause im probably wobbly on my feet"
a lot of times you cant tell if a fighter is rocked so he'll do something stupid and no one will know why but give these guys credit, they might have almost been koed

to answer #2 id say no. id like to think i have a lot f heart but when i get hit on the jaw i black out. i have a glass jaw and both of my fights that ive been koed in its like watching a dvd but cutting out every other chapter and trying to understand the plot of a long movie. you come in and out. i hope this helps

I've been KO'd and choked out. The knockout didn't really hurt, your there, on your feet completely aware one second, and then bam, lights out. When you come to, you're in an odd position and everyone is staring you. You're also dumber than a sack of hammers for a few seconds, which is why they ask you stupid questions. I got hit just under my right ear with 4oz gloves, the bruising and ear ringing hurt, but no major damage, (pride excluded). Getting choked out is far worse IMO, it leaves a nasty headache.

ive never been knocked out by a punch or kick, fukin 40kilo boxes falling on my head from like 12 feet up is a different story tho. What happened with me was i was working in my warehouse summer job, and basically a couple of rows of shit started coming down on me, when i got hit with the first one it smoked me right in the back of the head, as did the next 3 or so that followed, i got out of the way of the rest of them or else i wouldve been burried pretty bad. Basically u get a distorted vision, blurry, everything is spinning but ur instincts are still there. If ur being rocked by a flurry tho, ur reaction time wont really matter since it gets fucked pretty hard on impact.

I dont think its heart that will let u pull through in case of a flurry or a hard hit connecting, its more instinct and holding on until u get ur senses back.

Oh yeah, from what I've seen, you revert to survival mode when you're rocked and your training takes over. Like Dean, most wrestlers will shoot (myself included)

bacons got the idea. survival mode
lol those questions are stupid as hell. i was doing pretty good until "what day of the week is it?" ummmmm....false?
"whose the president?" (april 2005)
bill clinton...wait wait.....i know this

and im telling you guys go play that game! its really good you burn a lot of calories. it even has motion sensors so you can bob and weave and it picks that up! just make sure that there isn't some jackass standing behind you waving his hand at the sensor so you lose....i got to practice my chokes that day too

^^ thats funny, my wife ,girlfriend at the time, kept asking where I was and I kept telling her Independence, missouri (where I'm from). The tenth or so time she asked me I finally said Sacramento Ca. That final answer saved me a trip to the hospital, she was getting ready to take my ass in. Women....

I would rather get KO'd than have the wind knocked out of me. That fucking sucks like you are drowning.

I am speaking from a boxing standpoint (dont train in MMA)

Now I havent been knocked out but I've been knocked down and its really weird and kinda scary, like your helpless. I was already really tired and my partner landed a swift one two to my chest, It really really hurt my body and I was really trying to take in air, but I had to watch for punches too and he landed another one two jab to the body cross to the face and it knocked me down. Its just kind of surreal but its not pleasant.

MainstreamIdiot said:
I would rather get KO'd than have the wind knocked out of me. That fucking sucks like you are drowning.

I got kicked once and had the wind knocked ot of me, damn, it sucked, it was like a delayed reaction then I thoght I was going to pass ot or something.

I got hit really fucking hard once in the back of the head during sparring. For some reason it triggered my salivary glands and I couldn't stop drooling, I felt sick to my stomach. I've been staggered in training enough to know what it feels like. Usually a dizzy, lethargic feeling!

getting the wind knocked out of you blows. standing there like a moron trying to breathe.

if you land that perfect shot to the body theres no gettting up, i dont care how tough you are.

I've been knocked out in boxing. For me, I saw the glove, then everything went black. I had fallen over but I didnt even realize it, I didnt know if I was standing or laying down. I remember being dazed, but I knew what had happened, ane because I didnt know If I was standing, I was worried that I was gonna keep getting punched. Within 20 seconds I came to and had a headache for a while.

look ive knoked people out before some you have to punch 5,000 times write on the jaw some it take just 1 or 2 clean punches this is because of 2 resons there is a nerve in the back of your jaw has a nerve in the back and when its hit you go out thus the one punch ko thats why you keep your jaw tight when you fight and the more you get punched the bone gets harder and harder and the nerve less sensitive unless the ko was serious the second reason is every time you get hit your brain gets basiclly a little shock and two many of those little shocks make your brain basiccly shut off momentarily thats when people get koed in a flury of punces

facebreaker said:
look ive knoked people out before some you have to punch 5,000 times write on the jaw some it take just 1 or 2 clean punches this is because of 2 resons there is a nerve in the back of your jaw has a nerve in the back and when its hit you go out thus the one punch ko thats why you keep your jaw tight when you fight and the more you get punched the bone gets harder and harder and the nerve less sensitive unless the ko was serious the second reason is every time you get hit your brain gets basiclly a little shock and two many of those little shocks make your brain basiccly shut off momentarily thats when people get koed in a flury of punces

Looks like you got hit so hard it knocked the punctuation clean out of your post.

Back