Beginner Strength Routines

hotborsh

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to ask you about strength routines.

I know that most popular beginner strength routines are SS and SL. I did SS for some time a year ago. I made some results, but I was bored of it. Are there any other good strength routines for a beginner? Which one did you liked the most? I know you shouldn't fix what isn't broken and SS worked really good for me, but i'm thinking of trying anything else, besides i can always switch back to SS.

Power to the People
3-5 Method
Brawn / Beyond Brawn
EDT doesn't get enough love

EDT doesn't get enough love

"50/20" is a kind of EDT. I love it, and wrote it up here:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f13/praise-50-20-a-2224177/

One point is that it is not a complete programme, it is is a means of programming an individual lift- it covers sets/reps/progression. I personally think that that is one of its benefits. Very handy to have a way of programming pretty much any lift. But as a beginner, you typically want a template as well as sets/reps/progression.

a guy here on sherdog reccomended me a variation of SS where you do chin ups or pull ups instead of power cleans.

I always loved to do chins so im in love with it.

Squat Press Pull. That there is a great foundation for any beginner program.

"50/20" is a kind of EDT. I love it, and wrote it up here:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f13/praise-50-20-a-2224177/

One point is that it is not a complete programme, it is is a means of programming an individual lift- it covers sets/reps/progression. I personally think that that is one of its benefits. Very handy to have a way of programming pretty much any lift. But as a beginner, you typically want a template as well as sets/reps/progression.

Damn. I haven't thought about Bryce Lane in years. He was way ahead of the trends with his powerlifting, calisthenics and mobility work. 10 years ago I never would have thought I'd be jumping from weights to cals and flexibility.

Back