Movies BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE ($110 Million Opening Weekend)

I liked the original, but it wasn't amazing to me. I have a weird relationship with Burton movies. I like some, hate some, but only love a few. I am a huge fan of Sleepy Hollow, Frankenweenie and Batman. The rest I enjoy or hate.

I liked the original, but it wasn't amazing to me. I have a weird relationship with Burton movies. I like some, hate some, but only love a few. I am a huge fan of Sleepy Hollow, Frankenweenie and Batman. The rest I enjoy or hate.

Absolutely love, in order:

1.) Beetlejuice
2.) Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
3.) Batman
4.) Edward Scissorhands

Like, in order:

1.) Batman Returns
2.) Ed Wood
3.) Mars Attacks!
4.) Sleepy Hollow
5.) Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

The rest are just meh, IMO. If I've seen them at all.

SOMEONE LEFT THE CAKE OUT IN THE RAIN! I DON'T THINK THAT I CAN TAKE IT, BECAUSE IT TOOK SO LONG TO BAKE IT, AND I'LL NEVER HAVE THAT RECIPE AGAAAAIIN! OHHHH NOOOO

Saw this today and enjoyed it. Hit the right beats for me for sure. Keaton didn't miss a beat. Solid 8/10.
I loved the original and pretty much from the moment it started till the very end I didn't stop smiling. The most fun I've had in a cinema in a long time

I loved the original and pretty much from the moment it started till the very end I didn't stop smiling. The most fun I've had in a cinema in a long time

Same here. My only gripe is the ending, too many false finishes that ended on the wrong call. Either way it was still the most fun I have had watching a new movie in all of the 2020s at the theater.

Same here. My only gripe is the ending, too many false finishes that ended on the wrong call. Either way it was still the most fun I have had watching a new movie in all of the 2020s at the theater.
The first one did get me. I started thinking it was such a cheesy and shit ending then they did the fake out and I started laughing.

I usually go watch more serious movies at the cinema, but the last two for me were Deadpool & Wolverine and this. I had a lot more fun with this and that's not to say I didn't enjoy Deadpool & Wolverine because I definitely did.

Also did MacArthur Park bring back memories of Weird Al Yankovic for anyone else?

Saw this yesterday. I liked it but it was kinda frustrating to watch. You can see l a better version of this movie sitting inside of this convoluted version.

If they got rid of the side plots with the ex wife and ghost cop, not made Lydia a pushover for some reason, you have a much more streamlined, fun ride of a flick imo.

Last edited:
Watched this Friday, enjoyed it quite a bit and felt some good nostalgia with a mixture of fun. Main complaint is the movie had so many little plots going on and not enough run time to make them feel important. Keaton was effortless in stepping back in, lots of random fun made this movie go by quick.

Spoiler regarding Jenna Ortega and her story that she had going:
The plot point of the kid killing his family and trying to get back into the living world was dark, that could have easily been the main plot and expanded upon

Been on work travel and finally got to watch it with the family this weekend. Absolutely loved the first movie and this movie fell a little short for me, but still really enjoyed it.

I thought each of the sub plots were interesting, but each of them needed a little more. I felt like none of them were fleshed out enough and there was more story to tell. It was a pretty short movie at like 1h 45min, so it could have really benefitted from like an additional 15~20 min to build up the sub plots or trim out one of the sub plots out all together and focus on the others, but each of the sub plots were really interesting so not sure I would want them to cut anything out. The Astrid plot line was fun but super predictable and ended so abruptly, so that sub plot definitely could have used some additional screen time to build up.

Well, the dinner and date were awesome, but the movie... meh. Whoever said underwhelming, I get it.

Loved the first Beetlejuice, and I'd rate this one as good but not great. Started out good, then just seemed so very predictable and quite meh. I honestly don't think I could watch it fully through a second time.

Absolutely love, in order:

1.) Beetlejuice
2.) Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
3.) Batman
4.) Edward Scissorhands

Like, in order:

1.) Batman Returns
2.) Ed Wood
3.) Mars Attacks!
4.) Sleepy Hollow
5.) Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

The rest are just meh, IMO. If I've seen them at all.
Big Fish is my favourite.

Back