Beer alternatives in the bar

Cognac at 69 calories an ounce is the drink for me when I'm not enjoying a Guinness. It's damned expensive though.

Generally, men drink red wine, beer and whiskey while women prefer champagne and vodka. Not sure what you're trying to get at...

All the women I know drink red or white wine, beer, rye and coolers. I think women will pretty much drink anything. It's the men who worry about what other people think of what they're drinking. God forbid a man has a mixed drink unless it's a mighty caesar. Champagne is a very accquired taste. Unless it's mixed with something as a spritzer, it pretty much all tastes like shit.

All the women I know drink red or white wine, beer, rye and coolers. I think women will pretty much drink anything. It's the men who worry about what other people think of what they're drinking. God forbid a man has a mixed drink unless it's a mighty caesar. Champagne is a very accquired taste. Unless it's mixed with something as a spritzer, it pretty much all tastes like shit.

7376012_gal.jpg

Generally, men drink red wine, beer and whiskey while women prefer champagne and vodka. Not sure what you're trying to get at...

i hope you dont go to a bar and order red wine... that's what i'm trying to get at...

i understand with dinner to pair with certain foods, but at a bar?

Mother Russia would like to have a word with you in the alley.

Eastern_Promises_mortensen2_t520.jpg

Have you ever loved someone so much you wanted to freeze them in carbonite and use them as a entertainment stand?

Islay Whisky > all other drinks.

It's an acquired taste, I'll give you that much, but having tried really god damned hard to acquire it, I still can't stand the taste of peet moss. Give me highland any day.

The substitution/this-not-that culture is kind of silly.

How about not going to the bar and saving the drinks for another day?

Delayed gratification...anyone?

...anyone?

Try to look over your skyward facing nose for just a minute. Say the OP has sufficiently delayed his gratification to your high standard. What should he drink when he finally decides to get his gratification on?

I work as a bartender 5 days a week, and in addition to the drinks I get gratis from the bar I also get drinks/shots bought for me from time to time from customers - a little tough to manage while on the anabolic diet, needless to say. So here's what I've learned:

- alcoholic drinks are fat free. even beer. its all carbs/sugar
- generally, the only drinks that are carb FREE are straight liquor, so scotch rocks is my drink of choice mon-fri
- some beers are low carb (I work in Australia, we have a beer called Pure Blonde...not great, but 3.5g of carbs)
- the sweeter tasting a drink is, the more sugar/carbs it has. Use common sense. Port will have more carbs than red wine, coolers will have more carbs than beer, etc.

Beyond that, use your own discretion. Google the # of calories in various drinks if youre that worried, but generally the best drinks health-wise are straight liquor plus ice/soda/water.

Try to look over your skyward facing nose for just a minute. Say the OP has sufficiently delayed his gratification to your high standard. What should he drink when he finally decides to get his gratification on?

Why an appletini, sipped and held with only 2 fingers, of course.

drink what you like... or don't drink at all.

its retarded to drink if losing weight is your goal.

Back