Becoming an olympic boxer

Davem10

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Starting boxing at 28

I have just read the top age for the olympics is 40

How long would you need to train to become olympic level standard. Im watching the boxers at the Rio olympics now and im not hugely impressed tbh lol

The last USA guy was 20 years old. Lets assume 8 years of actual serious training, why would it be unrealistic to think i could do the same ? I will pick it all up faster as an adult too

Sounds like you're a lock for 2020 then.

Pretty sure at 28 i will pick things up a hell of a lot faster than the 12 year old me would .....
Yeah, for the first week. Once he starts to figure things out, the 12-year-old will improve faster than you. Children are like empty vessels; whatever they learn becomes a part of them.

Sounds like you're a lock for 2020 then.

Exactly

Sponser me if you wish, im old so will need a very good ped program to even out the field. HGH aint cheap, food too i need food, and a place to stay, clothes ill need them too.

You will get nothing but sarcastic replies here, sorry.

No one knows how long it takes to get to that level, it depends on the fighter. I will say though, if you really have that kind of potential you will probably start seeing signs after a few months in the gym. IMHO

Starting boxing at 28

I have just read the top age for the olympics is 40

How long would you need to train to become olympic level standard. Im watching the boxers at the Rio olympics now and im not hugely impressed tbh lol

The last USA guy was 20 years old. Lets assume 8 years of actual serious training, why would it be unrealistic to think i could do the same ? I will pick it all up faster as an adult too

Are you watching the olympics ? The boxing standard so far has been quite poor, im actually shocked

download_zpsnwdyzpav.png

Less time posting unrealistic posts and more time training and setting goals, by the look of this post you already doubt your self which means you're already not in the top 1% of successful people who achieve their goals agaisnt greater odds.

Semi-seriously, your body is already slowing down. Your brain is less elastic. In 4 years, it's going to be worse. You don't have the years of experience to overcome those natural issues.

But, the truth is, you won't know until you try.

assuming you pick it up really well and are a natural, your body is just not capable of the same things a younger man's is. You wont recover as quickly, you are more susceptible to injuries, when you do injure yourself it takes much longer to heal, etc. 28 is still young but as you progress through your 30's, the struggle gets real. Plus if you are working / have a family / etc. which most people are at this age, that takes it out of you too. These young guys that start when they are kids dont have to worry about that.

aim to have a few amateur fights and see how you go there first hey.

Most people on Sherdog have no idea of kickboxing, MT, bxoing or any striking art and some sincerely believe that the UFC is the golden stadndard of even striking. None of them has done a single day of actual training.

I fully support that guy if he really wants to compete at the Olympics and I think it's never too late and that he really could compete at the Olympics at one point it's far from impossible. But Not even having done a day of training and having the nerve to talk like that is ridiculous.
Exactly like that thread in the heavies where some fat fucks legitimately believe that they can beat mighty Mouse because they have 40lbs of blubber more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back