Becoming a pro fighter is the worst idea ever

This guys is obviously cut from a different cloth. Most likely middle class cloth with a secondary education with beta tendencies with no desire for competing and understanding it's a need for most human males.

Yeah you clearly know a loot about me Lmao

So working in construction or some menial office job is better?

How many middle class fighters are there? Most are working class for a reason, those with options don't choose the one where they get punched and kicked in the face.

I absolutely do want to be a pro fighter.

I pay at least $500 out of pocket and travel 10 hours to compete in amateur. I have been competing in martial arts competitions since I was 10 and grew up on bruce lee and power rangers.

Not everything is about money and fame kid. There's more substance to life than that.

If I get paid an extra 10k a year to fight 2-3 times as a pro, on top of my day job, I love it.

Here's my last fight. I'm the dude with the chest tattoo.

I had a blast in there and it's shit like this that makes life worth living.

Bunch of jerkoffs with red mohawks rolling around on the ground and trying to touch each other's legs. It's rather unsightly behaviour.

Sometimes there's more to it than "is this a good investment of my time?". Sometimes it's about personal satisfaction and a drive for competition. It's not all about head logic. There's a lot of heart involved for many fighters.

I pay at least $500 out of pocket and travel 10 hours to compete in amateur. I have been competing in martial arts competitions since I was 10 and grew up on bruce lee and power rangers.

Not everything is about money and fame kid. There's more substance to life than that.

If I get paid an extra 10k a year to fight 2-3 times as a pro, on top of my day job, I love it.

Don't let dudes charge you like that.

Travel costs. The promotion doesn't charge me anything.
No, LOL, I watched your fight.

The dude charged you a few times and you just sort of braced yourself like a lineman in American football.

Don't absorb the energy like that. It's hard on your body.

Thank you for proving my point that you need a day job, because making a living only from MMA is nearly impossible.

You got some nice leg kicks there. Keep on keeping on. Just be smart enough to have something to fall back on for when you're older, or do on the side.

Go to college, learn a trade, something, anything. Just have something to fall back on for when you're older or to have a income while you fight. Training camps are expensive. Sometimes you'll dish out more than you make. But don't ever, ever.....give up on yourself or allow someone say you can't do something. I wish I would have did better in school and went on to college. It was my dream to go to MIT and become a astrophysicist . Now I'm 38 with mental disabilities and went from elementary school on being misdiagnosed. My mental illness would have never change, but at least I would have went for the stars and not live in regret.

Seriously, no one should ever want to become a pro fighter.
I understand that for many people it is their only way to make a living, and it that case it is acceptable. But if you grew up in a good environment you should never ever be a fighter.

- You must be better than 99% of your fellow fighters to be able to make good money and achieve a big status.
For the vast majority of fighters, just making it to the UFC is already an almost impossible task.

- If you are not a big star your payment will be shitty and you will need to waste a looot of that money in training camp. Diet, etc etc etc

- As long as you win you will get the love and respect of most fans and your boss. Once you start losing everybody will treat you like complete garbage and will make your life miserable.

- You will get beat the fck up every single day in training. It will be huge suffering every day.

- You will have tons of injuries that will absolutely ruin your life quality.

- You must have a big charisma so fans actually pay attention to you and your boss gets interested in promoting you.

- If you do not have that much of a personality, then at least you must have a very exciting style and finish your fights.

- If you get kinda famous every step you make will be surveilled. You just make something controversial and it will turn into a huge scandal that may ruin your life.

- You will train like crazy every single day for several weeks and it is a huge possibility that in the actual fight you get embarrased in front of the whole world.
Training like crazy for months just to get KOd in 30 seconds does not sound like an awesome idea.

- You will nearly kill yourself with weigh cuts.

- When you retire no one will give a damn about you anymore. And you will deal alone with all problems and medication because of the damage you received in your MMA career. All the fans that “loved” you so much in your prime years will absolutely disappear when you go through tough times.

- At 45 years (or maybe much earlier) you will be an invalid. You will have tons of broken bones, your face messed up, brain damage, and you won’t be able to do a lot of the basic stuff any normal human being can do easily.

So, do you wanna be a fighter?

You are describing an awful fighter who trains with a shitty trainer!

- No you don't get the fuck beat out of you everyday unless you are training at some meathead MMA gym.

- You diet down properly and reduce body fat so you don't nearly kill yourself from weight cuts

- If you get kinda famous you can start a side hustle and make money on the side and develop a brand

- No one gives a damn about you, retiring to obscurity can be a good thing since you probably are well fed with attention. Been there, done that!

You are describing an awful fighter who trains with a shitty trainer!

- No you don't get the fuck beat out of you everyday unless you are training at some meathead MMA gym.

- You diet down properly and reduce body fat so you don't nearly kill yourself from weight cuts

- If you get kinda famous you can start a side hustle and make money on the side and develop a brand

- No one gives a damn about you, retiring to obscurity can be a good thing since you probably are well fed with attention. Been there, done that!

In what world do you live??

There have been so many cases of elite fighters looking almost dead during the weigh ins. The Goat Khabib almost died because of a weigh cut.

If you get kinda famous you may develop a brand, but chances of you getting famous are extremely slim, and even if you get a brand it will work as long as you win. When you start losing people will stop casring about you or your brand.

Ask Mark Coleman how has been his life since retiring. He literally had to sell his trophies and belts just to be able to pay medical bills. And we are talking about one of the biggest names in MMA. Imagine how it will be for some random fighters no one knows.

Back