Beautifulpeople.com

That's a major problem I have with regular dating sites. I feel where you are coming from, it is gross to think of yourself as "beautiful" and being part of a beautiful club. Its vain and narcissistic and makes you look like a douche.

But when you look at the other side, you get goofy white knights and IRL trolls like:

hqdefault.jpg

smyd.png

010.jpg
This is my fundamental problem with it. A good rule to live by is this: "Don't be an asshole."

If more people followed that rule, the world would be a better place. And yet, they can't seem to help themselves sometimes. If you don't believe me, go read half the stuff in the War Room. Conservatives and liberals alike, some of those posters are just complete d-bags.

:eek:

For the record, I was talking about OP lol

Oh, I actually thought that comment was directed at the first replier. If you read my posts in this thread, you know I am defending the site.

This is my fundamental problem with it. A good rule to live by is this: "Don't be an asshole."

If more people followed that rule, the world would be a better place. And yet, they can't seem to help themselves sometimes. If you don't believe me, go read half the stuff in the War Room. Conservatives and liberals alike, some of those posters are just complete d-bags.

Its definitely a pretentious concept but is it fair to say that they are being an asshole?

I mean from what I have seen, the act of being exclusive seems like a necessary evil. While it looks bad to exclude people, it also its a decent filtering process that forces people to look their best and to put effort in to their appearance. This will deter the creeps and trolls.

To give you a boxing analogy, I have trained at gyms that mixes people who are boxers or people who are serious about boxing with folks who are there just to hang out or to break a sweat. When this happens, it creates distraction and a lack of seriousness or urgency on the floor.

Often times the good gyms separate the fitness goers and folks who want to learn how to box properly (even if they don't want to become fighters) this way, you don't get some low life thug who just chit chats, wastes time, takes space and attention from the serious trainees. Same applies to weight lifting gyms with dickheads doing bicep curl on the squat rack.

Its definitely a pretentious concept but is it fair to say that they are being an asshole?

I mean from what I have seen, the act of being exclusive seems like a necessary evil. While it looks bad to exclude people, it also its a decent filtering process that forces people to look their best and to put effort in to their appearance. This will deter the creeps and trolls.

To give you a boxing analogy, I have trained at gyms that mixes people who are boxers or people who are serious about boxing with folks who are there just to hang out or to break a sweat. When this happens, it creates distraction and a lack of seriousness or urgency on the floor.

Often times the good gyms separate the fitness goers and folks who want to learn how to box properly (even if they don't want to become fighters) this way, you don't get some low life thug who just chit chats, wastes time, takes space and attention from the serious trainees. Same applies to weight lifting gyms with dickheads doing bicep curl on the squat rack.
I think it's absolutely fair to say that they're being assholes. A club based on the premise that "We're beautiful and you're not, so don't mingle amongst us here" is a super douchey thing to say. If it were based on something real like "We're literally a bunch of rocket scientists, so if you don't have a PhD in physics, please don't waste our time" is fundamentally different. Filtering people works well if it's for a legitimate purpose. Otherwise, you're just being exclusive for the sake of itself.

Your boxing analogy proves my point. As someone who was a fighter, I get what you're saying. You want someone who knows how to do the drills, hold mitts for an advanced fighter, and get good sparring in. Those things are essential because they serve a legitimate purpose. If I sparred with Floyd Mayweather, the guy would beat the hell out of me without having to try really hard, so he'd get nothing out of it. To keep going with this analogy, this is like splitting up boxers based on what color their gloves are. Everyone with red gloves has to spar someone with red gloves, while those with black have to spar with people in black gloves. What's the purpose of that? I will admit that the analogy isn't perfect, but it's highlighting the point that I'm trying to make.

There have been studies that show good looking people get paid more than below average people. Google it.

Seems like I'll never move up from Wendy's fry cook.

If they want to smell their own farts, let them. We are doing basically the same with likes system here.

I think it's absolutely fair to say that they're being assholes. A club based on the premise that "We're beautiful and you're not, so don't mingle amongst us here" is a super douchey thing to say. If it were based on something real like "We're literally a bunch of rocket scientists, so if you don't have a PhD in physics, please don't waste our time" is fundamentally different. Filtering people works well if it's for a legitimate purpose. Otherwise, you're just being exclusive for the sake of itself.

Your boxing analogy proves my point. As someone who was a fighter, I get what you're saying. You want someone who knows how to do the drills, hold mitts for an advanced fighter, and get good sparring in. Those things are essential because they serve a legitimate purpose. If I sparred with Floyd Mayweather, the guy would beat the hell out of me without having to try really hard, so he'd get nothing out of it. To keep going with this analogy, this is like splitting up boxers based on what color their gloves are. Everyone with red gloves has to spar someone with red gloves, while those with black have to spar with people in black gloves. What's the purpose of that? I will admit that the analogy isn't perfect, but it's highlighting the point that I'm trying to make.

I guess that's fair to say that they are being asshole since by definition they are painting themselves as superior for the sake of looks. As bad of as that it is, it does create a filtering process which helps keep the creeps and weirdos away.

When I was on POF few years ago, I was reading profiles of mediocre to below average looking women and they would say shit like "you better not start the sentence with Hey or don't call don't me hot, I KNOW I'm HOT!!!"

Meanwhile these women looked gross to be honest with you, not hot at all and their ego came from being white knighted from these creepy looking dudes who look like they need to take a seat and have a talk with Chris Hansen.

While the exclusive nature of beautifulpeople.com will equal the level playing field and it gets rid of the loser white knights that are pumping women full of egos. I know this to be true because I have a friend who looks exactly like the younger version of Christian Bale, dude does not white knight and in fact he puts these cocky ass bitches in their place despite the fact that these women are smoking hot while the shitty looking POF women end up with a diva complex because of the ass kissing they receive from the white knights of the internet.

In conclusion, I will agree with you that it is an asshole thing to do but when both parties are good looking, it seems like the egos cancel one another and while it is a superficial environment, it is still better than other dating sites for the reasons I mentioned which is sad but true...

I guess that's fair to say that they are being asshole since by definition they are painting themselves as superior for the sake of looks. As bad of as that it is, it does create a filtering process which helps keep the creeps and weirdos away.

When I was on POF few years ago, I was reading profiles of mediocre to below average looking women and they would say shit like "you better not start the sentence with Hey or don't call don't me hot, I KNOW I'm HOT!!!"

Meanwhile these women looked gross to be honest with you, not hot at all and their ego came from being white knighted from these creepy looking dudes who look like they need to take a seat and have a talk with Chris Hansen.

While the exclusive nature of beautifulpeople.com will equal the level playing field and it gets rid of the loser white knights that are pumping women full of egos. I know this to be true because I have a friend who looks exactly like the younger version of Christian Bale, dude does not white knight and in fact he puts these cocky ass bitches in their place despite the fact that these women are smoking hot while the shitty looking POF women end up with a diva complex because of the ass kissing they receive from the white knights of the internet.

In conclusion, I will agree with you that it is an asshole thing to do but when both parties are good looking, it seems like the egos cancel one another and while it is a superficial environment, it is still better than other dating sites for the reasons I mentioned which is sad but true...
Creeps and weirdos can be of any physical appearance. We all know that good-looking guy that can't get women because when he talks, he's about as interesting as a goldfish. We all also know that guy who has a silver tongue and no looks to speak of, wondering how in the hell he is pulling tail every weekend. So I don't think that beauty is really an effective filter for its stated purpose.

Yes, I can totally relate. When I had a Tinder account, I saw these trolls regularly. Swiping left was my wonderful trick to get rid of them so that they didn't bother me. Haha. I didn't need to join a special club to get rid of them.

Actually, I found that women loved the cocky thing. Anecdotally, don't we all know this to be true? If you act desperate, women will think you are, and they won't want to date you. If you have an air of confidence about you, and you act like you don't need them, they'll flock to you like seagulls to a piece of bread. It's an amazing phenomenon. So your friend was doing himself a great service by not relying on his looks to get him laid.

Sad reality of a dating site that doesn't exclude is:

tumblr_m5kecoZTjO1rxt7jlo1_500.jpg

ok-cupid-enemies-blog.png

d9851bcb35bbad9327119ab737e9fecc.jpg

13.jpg

9ac652b6f34e1bd6bc4873b45da88b96.jpg

The pictures I have posted are legit in a sense that this is not some funny comedy or someone being a troll, though people do troll, the fact stands that there are tons of freaks like these people in many dating sites with no filters.

13.jpg

The pictures I have posted are legit in a sense that this is not some funny comedy or someone being a troll, though people do troll, the fact stands that there are tons of freaks like these people in many dating sites with no filters.

That's exactly the kind of site you want to be on. Chicks will swipe past those profiles and you'll look like an LA 10 in comparison, even though you're just a Boise dime.

Creeps and weirdos can be of any physical appearance. We all know that good-looking guy that can't get women because when he talks, he's about as interesting as a goldfish. We all also know that guy who has a silver tongue and no looks to speak of, wondering how in the hell he is pulling tail every weekend. So I don't think that beauty is really an effective filter for its stated purpose.

Yes, I can totally relate. When I had a Tinder account, I saw these trolls regularly. Swiping left was my wonderful trick to get rid of them so that they didn't bother me. Haha. I didn't need to join a special club to get rid of them.

Actually, I found that women loved the cocky thing. Anecdotally, don't we all know this to be true? If you act desperate, women will think you are, and they won't want to date you. If you have an air of confidence about you, and you act like you don't need them, they'll flock to you like seagulls to a piece of bread. It's an amazing phenomenon. So your friend was doing himself a great service by not relying on his looks to get him laid.

Ok here is the thing, there are two lines of reality and let me explain the two lines of reality:

1. First one is the one that you mentioned, in this reality, you are right, good looking guy that cant socialize for shit, he is awkward as hell for one reason or another. In fact, Elliot Rodger was not a bad looking dude. Not hell of hot but decent looking guy. While there are some dudes who are like George Costanza but they do get the girl, they do so by being great speakers, they don't speak with filler words such as " ummmm" "you know" "ah well" or "fauuuking yeah, fukking then this guy..." instead when these people speak, they have a strong voice and are well spoken and articulate and understand female emotions.

2. The second line of reality is what I have seen, it seems that they are moments in life that the good looking awkward guy with his social awkwardness and creepiness still gets the girl. Example is, I had two friends in the same situation, both were socially awkward, and lived with their parents. The good looking guy got a response from women such as:

"awww he is so shy but that's like sooo cute!!! and he live with his parents, I bet he loves his parents a great deal, total catch"

Ugly guy got this response:

" OMG what a fucking creep, dude doesn't talk, I bet he loves to chain women in his basement and OMG he also lives with his parents, like seriously is he going move out like ever!!??"

So yes, in some situations the good looking awkward guy can fail to get checks because of the lack of social skills and in some situation, he can be the biggest weirdo creep but still pulls it off under the guise of being "eccentric"

If 10's wanna fuck 10's, who am I to judge? It's not like I was gonna get a legit shot at it.

Let them bang. I'll double up with two 5's instead.

Ok here is the thing, there are two lines of reality and let me explain the two lines of reality:

1. First one is the one that you mentioned, in this reality, you are right, good looking guy that cant socialize for shit, he is awkward as hell for one reason or another. In fact, Elliot Rodger was not a bad looking dude. Not hell of hot but decent looking guy. While there are some dudes who are like George Costanza but they do get the girl, they do so by being great speakers, they don't speak with filler words such as " ummmm" "you know" "ah well" or "fauuuking yeah, fukking then this guy..." instead when these people speak, they have a strong voice and are well spoken and articulate and understand female emotions.

2. The second line of reality is what I have seen, it seems that they are moments in life that the good looking awkward guy with his social awkwardness and creepiness still gets the girl. Example is, I had two friends in the same situation, both were socially awkward, and lived with their parents. The good looking guy got a response from women such as:

"awww he is so shy but that's like sooo cute!!! and he live with his parents, I bet he loves his parents a great deal, total catch"

Ugly guy got this response:

" OMG what a fucking creep, dude doesn't talk, I bet he loves to chain women in his basement and OMG he also lives with his parents, like seriously is he going move out like ever!!??"

So yes, in some situations the good looking awkward guy can fail to get checks because of the lack of social skills and in some situation, he can be the biggest weirdo creep but still pulls it off under the guise of being "eccentric"
Being good looking is a valuable trait. I won't argue with you on that at all. Sometimes, it's enough. Other times, it's just one good trait that can't compete against a guy with dozens of good traits. I just don't think it's enough to ensure that the guy isn't creepy, which is the stated intent, no? Is the purpose to be a filter to remove creeps or not?

That's exactly the kind of site you want to be on. Chicks will swipe past those profiles and you'll look like an LA 10 in comparison, even though you're just a Boise dime.

That's one way of looking at it, problem is, in these sites, a normal looking guy will look like an L.A 10 for sure but then he will also look like he is "too good to be true" because these creepy fucks make a normal looking person look like a person that is too good to be true.

Another scenario is, lots of below average looking women would get white knighted hard by these creeps and they suddenly think that they deserve Tyler Durden/Brad Pitt from fight club.

13.jpg

Sweet Jesus... After seeing those, I won't be going to sleep tonight. Yikes...

they don't speak with filler words such as " ummmm" "you know" "ah well" or "fauuuking yeah, fukking then this guy..." instead when these people speak, they have a strong voice and are well spoken and articulate and understand female emotions.

My buddy who is like a 3/10 closed the deal with this blonde chick at a party one night with this line...

"So fuckin', you know, I was like fuckin'.........fuck it"

Sweet Jesus... After seeing those, I won't be going to sleep tonight. Yikes...

There is a lot more where that came from:

LQROlah.jpg

tumblr_m68oqmTOEs1rxt7jlo1_500.jpg

82905208.jpg

This one takes the cake:

xDLLy.jpg

My buddy who is like a 3/10 closed the deal with this blonde chick at a party one night with this line...

"So fuckin', you know, I was like fuckin'.........fuck it"

Was the blonde chick hot? Was she drunk?

Its possible for an ugly dude to get laid. I have been told that some hot women have fantasy of getting gorilla fucked by ugly dudes. Its supposed to be some fantasy which Rogan podcast also mentioned that the idea is....

A hot chick will sleep with someone in a lower bracket because the fantasy revolves around them being this demi-god who got fucked hard by a lesser man. For them its some sexual theme of

"falling from the grace"

In their mind, they are this beautiful, unattainable life forms that was seduced and reduced as a fuck toy for some dude who is ugly and has a bad attitude. Though the women with this fantasy do yearn for the guy to be superb in the sack.

There is a lot more where that came from:

LQROlah.jpg

tumblr_m68oqmTOEs1rxt7jlo1_500.jpg

82905208.jpg

This one takes the cake:

xDLLy.jpg

Was the blonde chick hot? Was she drunk?

Its possible for an ugly dude to get laid. I have been told that some hot women have fantasy of getting gorilla fucked by ugly dudes. Its supposed to be some fantasy which Rogan podcast also mentioned that the idea is....

A hot chick will sleep with someone in a lower bracket because the fantasy revolves around them being this demi-god who got fucked hard by a lesser man. For them its some sexual theme of

"falling from the grace"

In their mind, they are this beautiful, unattainable life forms that was seduced and reduced as a fuck toy for some dude who is ugly and has a bad attitude. Though the women with this fantasy do yearn for the guy to be superb in the sack.
132.gif

If they want to smell their own farts, let them. We are doing basically the same with likes system here.

which is why i don't like any posts. i always hated the concept.

That's the way of the world and the nature of human beings. This is why beauty products and fashion exists and beauty, fitness and vitality is a multi-billion dollar business and all of it stems from validation and being on top of the pecking order...

The only thing more universal than people seeking validation from others is people claiming that they toooootally don't care what anyone thinks about them.

Back