Beaulieu Boxing Equipment

replacing the padding is no small deal. I would definitely reach out to John. If you don't mind me asking, what gloves are they?

edit: John Golomb, not Bill lol

Last edited:
They are Classic, here they are brand new.

058.jpg

Last edited:
Or go to TopBoxer. The actual manufacturer of custom boxing equipment resellers like Beaulieu Boxing or Bill Boxing.
All this with more options and a much lower price.....due to not being a reseller who doesn't actually make anything.

Seriously, is this forum a place for vendors to be hawking, plugging their goods ?

I thought it was to discuss gear. Not for commercial exploitation. No selling/advertising allowed.

First of all sir, the pictures of my line of boxing equipment were posted by the manufacturer, not me. The discussion of boxing equipment is part of this forum and has included most all past and present manufacturers. Long before meeting TOP BOXER, who contacted me back in 2012, to help him break into the American scene, my wife and I made our own gear, obtaining the patterns and knowledge from Mr. Al Zimmer the retired owner of SPRTAN BOXING EQUIPMENT , Brooklyn, N.Y. When the tanneries in New England closed down, it became necessary for us to travel to NYC to buy leather. Later, We abandoned that idea and since 1984 have had a private label deal with several manufacturers. There are so many misconceptions posted on this site that it's absolutely ridiculous........I had know Ray Flores and when he passed his nephew ( DAN MOSBY) took over making the famous California hair padded training glove. Danny and I worked together, with me providing ideas to better his glove creations. My line of FLORES style hair padded gloves are NOT MADE using SPARTAN patterns, but actual FLORES patterns from 12-21 0z. Dan has padded, R.I.P., but many have asked me to continue the hair padded glove line.

Now, for those of you that worry if TOP BOXER is receiving his just due let me say this, I make very little on a glove sale, but continue for the love of the trade, which
I've done for over 30 years. All I can say is this................You're welcome to purchase any make or model you like. But to say, I only sell in the US, is another falsehood. I've sold worldwide for years. I hope this clears up many posts on this boxing forum that just aren't true. As far as selling patterns, many have written me asking about them. It's something almost secretive by glove makers. Everyone knows and has certain tricks of the trade that they use. I had to pay and was fortunate to have the friendship of Mr. Zimmer who came to NH on more than one occasions to teach the trade to us. Thank you.

contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] and see us at BEAULIEUboxingequipment.com

No longer utilizing the services of Top Boxer

Last edited:
First of all sir, the pictures of my line of boxing equipment were posted by the manufacturer, not me. The discussion of boxing equipment is part of this forum and has included most all past and present manufacturers. Long before meeting TOP BOXER, who contacted me back in 2012, to help him break into the American scene, my wife and I made our own gear, obtaining the patterns and knowledge from Mr. Al Zimmer the retired owner of SPRTAN BOXING EQUIPMENT , Brooklyn, N.Y. When the tanneries in New England closed down, it became necessary for us to travel to NYC to buy leather. Later, We abandoned that idea and since 1984 have had a private label deal with several manufacturers. There are so many misconceptions posted on this site that it's absolutely ridiculous........I had know Ray Flores and when he passed his nephew ( DAN MOSBY) took over making the famous California hair padded training glove. Danny and I worked together, with me providing ideas to better his glove creations. My line of FLORES style hair padded gloves are NOT MADE using SPARTAN patterns, but actual FLORES patterns from 12-21 0z. Dan has padded, R.I.P., but many have asked me to continue the hair padded glove line.

Now, for those of you that worry if TOP BOXER is receiving his just due let me say this, I make very little on a glove sale, but continue for the love of the trade, which
I've done for over 30 years. All I can say is this................You're welcome to purchase any make or model you like. But to say, I only sell in the US, is another falsehood. I've sold worldwide for years. I hope this clears up many posts on this boxing forum that just aren't true. As far as selling patterns, many have written me asking about them. It's something almost secretive by glove makers. Everyone knows and has certain tricks of the trade that they use. I had to pay and was fortunate to have the friendship of Mr. Zimmer who came to NH on more than one occasions to teach the trade to us. Thank you.

image.jpeg

That's actually interesting to know. Thanks.

Bill, apologies for the comment about the Spartan pattern, I was wrong.

However, I'm talking about the pictures that you posted in the thread, not Muhammad.

billboxingglovesflores.JPG

In that post, you included the two images below, which are definitely Mosby made Flores gloves. This is what I'm talking about in my criticism about your posts.
flores2.JPG
flores.JPG

I personally can tell what gloves are actually being offered vs. Dan Mosby's gloves, but I really don't think you should include images of his gloves in your posts of what is currently being offered. They aren't your label, and they're not what is being offered.

Bill, apologies for the comment about the Spartan pattern, I was wrong.

However, I'm talking about the pictures that you posted in the thread, not Muhammad.

View attachment 215979

In that post, you included the two images below, which are definitely Mosby made Flores gloves. This is what I'm talking about in my criticism about your posts.
View attachment 215981
View attachment 215983

I personally can tell what gloves are actually being offered vs. Dan Mosby's gloves, but I really don't think you should include images of his gloves in your posts of what is currently being offered. They aren't your label, and they're not what is being offered.

As stated previously, Dan and I worked together to improve on the Flores gloves. Originally, he did not incorporate an attached thumb. I suggested in today's world, that is necessary. I also suggested a thin 1/4" foam glued to the inside backhand for smoothness. He made gloves for my personal use up to 21 oz. The pictures posted were to show all that the 21 oz. glove style can be made today.
I had/have nothing but the utmost respect for Danny's work and only wish to offer a similar style .I am contacted almost daily from glove makers from Sialkot, Pakistan who want to work for me and supply their wares. When TOP BOXER refused to follow my specs and using the necessary raw materials of the FLORES gloves, I found someone that would and have done so since. TOP BOXER is an excellent glove maker who I continue to work with, but not in the "Old School" retro, FLORES style line.

Last edited:
Or go to TopBoxer. The actual manufacturer of custom boxing equipment resellers like Beaulieu Boxing or Bill Boxing.
All this with more options and a much lower price.....due to not being a reseller who doesn't actually make anything.

Seriously, is this forum a place for vendors to be hawking, plugging their goods ?

I thought it was to discuss gear. Not for commercial exploitation. No selling/advertising allowed.
P.S.

I am no longer associated with Top Boxer...............Several, including top boxer have shown their gear on this site.
I'd suggest if you don't care to see boxing gear then don't go to those forum posts. We are now providing professional, top quality boxing equipment at a reduced rate and a faster turnaround time. Contact us at [email protected].................thank those that support us. See our website.....Beaulieuboxingequipment.com

Last edited:
Back