Beatdown after the bell behind paywall now? breen show is gone? is sherdog radio over?

I have paid for archived Hardcore History episodes, but to me that's a very different thing. It's more akin to buying an audiobook. I will never get in the habit of paying for the ability to listen to extremely topical, kind of throwaway content. It's the same reason I don't have cable. I end up getting it for a couple months and realize I'm not watching anything.

I'm not even saying the a pay model doesn't make sense from a monetary standpoint from the point of view of the consumer, but in reality you almost always make better money by giving away content people expect to get for free and trying to find advertisers.
I'm guessing you haven't listened to "Collapsed MMA."

I’m a patreon subscriber cuz I’ve been listening to them for like a decade now , but tj can be inconsistent with the shows postings . To everyone who just wants to listen to beat down after the bell - go to mixlr and listen to it live after an event and you don’t have to pay

minimum stats wise is $1 so the 400 number does not mean $1600 gross

The minimum donation is $1, you're correct. You must pk
minimum stats wise is $1 so the 400 number does not mean $1600 gross

You can give as little or as much as you would like. You must give at least $4 a month to access the content. Some give $4 others give $100. Many people change their donation amount from month to month. We ask that they give whatever they feel the service is worth to them.

Would consider if Jeff just talks about softball and if they bring back MMA Sunday School.

I offered Scott and Rod a spot. Sadly, neither can make the time necessary.

"Behind The Pay Wall" allows Jeff to talk about whatever he wants,

I offered Scott and Rod a spot. Sadly, neither can make the time necessary.
i thought Scott was a male secretary and Rod was a schoolteacher. They must have tons of free time

i thought Scott was a male secretary and Rod was a schoolteacher. They must have tons of free time

Scott is a writer for Jimmy Kimmel Live. Rod quit teaching and does something. What, I can't remember.

I listened to the various SRN shows for many years in the late 2000’s. I enjoyed the content at the beginning, I especially liked the dynamic between josh gross and tj. It was similar to the chemistry between these two guys (snobby mma elitist super fan bullying a casual pudgy naively nice mma noob). It was hilarity as they would say.

What happened to the SRN imo is that it is failing to make a transition to the now. Unfortunately the landscape has greatly changed in the mma media world just as it has in the music business industry which has forced content creators and artists alike to rethink their marketing strategies and business models.

In order to survive in the current landscape you have to adapt to the times and offer something really compelling just to hold onto people’s attention for starters. Forget about pricing yourself out of the race, the competition (YouTube podcasts) are earning way more through monetization and smart video viralization methods. I understand that there are costs to pay when running a production like SRN but perhaps a change in your business model is due.

Instead of going to Patreon perhaps the best move would’ve been working on Creating content consistently for a well maintained YouTube channel. You might not get money upright but in the long run if you make SRN shows as popular as they once where when there wasn’t so much competition, then it becomes a profitable scenario. You should be using the sherdog forum wisely when finding new listeners. This is your demographic. Listen to them.

I liked these shows, this sucks. no way im paying $4 a month for beadown after the bell tho

UFC dying is becoming really real in 2018
If you are smart you can get it for $8 a month instead. You save $4.

Scott is a writer for Jimmy Kimmel Live. Rod quit teaching and does something. What, I can't remember.
I think Scott is a production assistant or something. Does Jack do a show on your network? That show he did was really good.

IMO srn died the day Jeff got fired and they stopped doing live shows where listeners could call in .granted I still tuned into cheapseats every now and then but I didn't care much for beatdown once they took away Jeff and the live shows

I think Scott is a production assistant or something. Does Jack do a show on your network? That show he did was really good.
He is a writer. In fact he came up with idea that celebrities should read mean tweets about themselves.

Jack owns a part of my production company. He also hosts the roundtables from time-to-time and has an open door to any show that he wants to do in the future. He is very busy though doing our other podcast, "The Lapsed Fan."

He is a writer. In fact he came up with idea that celebrities should read mean tweets about themselves.

Jack owns a part of my production company. He also hosts the roundtables from time-to-time and has an open door to any show that he wants to do in the future. He is very busy though doing our other podcast, "The Lapsed Fan."
Could you explain this more? What is this lapsed fan podcart?

Today I learned that Sherdog had its own radio show...and people actually tuned in...
<DisgustingHHH>

The shows are free to listen to live. The archive is behind a paywall at Patreon.com/betweenrounds

It's $4 a month. For that price you get "The Daily Wrap" with David Bixenspan, "The Jordan Breen Show," "Behind the Pay Wall" with myself and Jeff Sherwood, "Collapsed MMA" with me and Breen, and the roundtables.

You can listen to the live shows at mixlr.com/tjdesantis. Breen is live on Tuesday's at 2pm Pacific. "Behind The Pay Wall" is live that same night at 7pm Pacific. BATB is live immediately after the events like always.

Hey thanks for replying to this and I didnt know about the live shows being free, ill try to check them out if I can remember...

Its not that $4 a month is alot, its just... you know, on the listener side paying for any podcast network is a pretty far fetched concept and on the producer side its never going to grow you any new listeners

I hope you reevaluate your business plan and go youtube/ads as hiding Breen behind a paywal is ridiculous

Hey thanks for replying to this and I didnt know about the live shows being free, ill try to check them out if I can remember...

Its not that $4 a month is alot, its just... you know, on the listener side paying for any podcast network is a pretty far fetched concept and on the producer side its never going to grow you any new listeners

I hope you reevaluate your business plan and go youtube/ads as hiding Breen behind a paywal is ridiculous
If I re-evaluate my business plan then I will also need to find a new job.

I'd rather have the listeners we have giving us money to work than a lot more listeners who won't give us anything and expect us to work for free. The idea of a podcast having to be free is antiquated. Listen to Collapsed MMA and I think you'll find the work put in to it is worth $4 a month. If not, no worries.

i don't think anyone is torrenting beatdown after the bell
If I re-evaluate my business plan then I will also need to find a new job.

I'd rather have the listeners we have giving us money to work than a lot more listeners who won't give us anything and expect us to work for free. The idea of a podcast having to be free is antiquated. Listen to Collapsed MMA and I think you'll find the work put in to it is worth $4 a month. If not, no worries.

fair enough

I hope Breen is at least trying to get another real job in broadcasting and not listing to you too much on these matters

Back