Battlestar Galactica 2003 (Need new tv series)

Why didn't they cure the president with the kid's blood again ?

Gaius Baltar used the stem cells from Sharon's fetus to cure Laura Roslin the first time she had cancer. When it came back, Hera had already been born.

The concept is amazing it was really set up well.
The attack on Caprica, the way the cylons infiltrated,
But after season 2 the writers seemed to use every soap trick in the book.

It reallly captivated me there for a while.
Not bad at all, it deserved more energy at the end.

To be fair, I didn't really mind the settlement part so much. At least, the premise worked for me. I also liked the mutiny episodes.

The things that bothered me about the last season or maybe more was how the whole "final five" thing came into play. I couldn't really wrap my head around how they could have forgotten about being cylon for 1,000 years developing relationships, serving in the military, etc. and managing to survive without a clue of their real origins before the Caprica-made bunch rediscovered resurrection technology all those years later.

What's more, the episodes before they reveal the final five's identities and Cavil purportedly pretending to not know who they were; such a huge plot hole.

Also, how they wrap up Starbuck's character. Ugh.

All that said, I'm still predisposed to having a positive overall opinion about BSG since a semi-important character has my last name, and I still think season two was some of the most entertaining sci-fi I've ever watched, but I have to be realistic. There was some sloppy writing in the series as a whole and the writer's strike that hit during the end of the third season didn't help matters any.

I guess at the end of the day I just wish the show ended as strong as it started.

I guess at the end of the day I just wish the show ended as strong as it started.

I was left with this thought as well, great post.
That final five thing was weird indeed, especially since
I liked the Chief as a character.
When he killed on of the other five, that indian chick ,was pretty intense.

On some review site, they said 'It''s the future, couldnt't they
realy fix the XO's eye ?' and I kinda thought that too.

But although I have many remarks about it,
overall it was a good story, well done for a while.

are you only looking for science fiction shows?

No, man. Any good stuff will do but I think I saw about 90% by now.
The only well known show I haven''t seen is Lost, and I won't watch it.
So maybe there are some series I don't know about.

I was left with this thought as well, great post.
That final five thing was weird indeed, especially since
I liked the Chief as a character.
When he killed on of the other five, that indian chick ,was pretty intense.

On some review site, they said 'It''s the future, couldnt't they
realy fix the XO's eye ?' and I kinda thought that too.

But although I have many remarks about it,
overall it was a good story, well done for a while.

Yeah, the Chief was cool. In fact, if you watched the show on Netflix for whatever reason they leave out his final scene where he settles amongst the Scots and it's implied he becomes their first tribal king.

And about Saul's eye; yeah, they probably had the technology to give him a workable fake if say they were on Caprica, but who's to say the Galactica had a spare for him to receive? Or that the technology in its med-lab could have replicated a new one?

Last edited:
No, man. Any good stuff will do but I think I saw about 90% by now.
The only well known show I haven''t seen is Lost, and I won't watch it.
So maybe there are some series I don't know about.

Friday Night Lights? It's a good underrated series.

Man, not again.

Don't listen to him, new_mexico is a crazy person :icon_chee

The show was just getting started by the end of Season 1 when the writer's strike cut the season short. Season 2 is where the real meat of the story is, and the rather small and contained series of events happening to that tight-nit group of people belies the complexity of the religiously and philosophically evocative storytelling and the epic stakes for humanity. Plus, it's the only Terminator story where we actually get to witness John Connor become John Connor.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is nothing short of masterful, and Season 2 is where it shines the brightest.

It's not like BSG really sucked, it was just a waste of epic potential.

They also borrowed some stuff from ST Voyager,

Like making their own stealth fighter
And encountering another Earth ship, who didn't have any morals left.

there is a reason for this. Ron Moore. He was the guy behind DS9, making it the best Trek show ever. He moved to voyager and wanted a show that gritty and dealt with people trying to conserve resources and find their way back home, dealing with some grey morality and hard choices. But with it being Trek he could go as dark as he wanted to, so he made BSG instead.

Other good shows on netflix

Whedon stuff- he is love or hate, firefly, buffy, angel, dollhouse

X-files

Supernatural

friday night lights

the west wing

Breaking bad

Orange is the new black

House of cards

Sarah connor

sons of anarchy

Thanks to everybody for the ideas,
New ones are still welcome.

Just watched this series again for the first time since it originally aired.

If you can get past the glaring problem with how it ends

(God did it)

it was absolutely fantastic.

The first time I saw it I was bitterly disappointed with how the story resolved, but this time I just sat back and enjoyed all the things they did right. They did a lot of things right; they created some extraordinarily interesting characters who did some incredible things. Gaius Baltar was a fantastic character.

This killed me.

j86c4tZgfl9eB.png

I wish they had continued Caprica, I was really enjoying that show.

Agree with you man. I was mad at the ending, but it really worked. The character depth was pretty dang amazing as well.

Bump cause I'm rewatching this.

Minus the lackluster last 10 minutes, season 4 was better than I remember. The mutiny was perhaps the best plot arc of the show besides New Caprica. Just ridiculously intense stuff.

Just past the part where Tigh and six lost their baby. When Tigh hugged Adama and told him the kids name "Liam" and Adama said "Good name. Short for William" God damn did I struggle to keep my shit together.

We need one thats more action based, it was hard for me to get into it because some of the drama was annyoing. Also maybe give it to another TV station. Syfy has shit CGI and production value. Blood and chrome looked to be that show, but it was canceled which pisses me off

It's a great show, and I'm pretty picky about sci fi. Triscia Helfer is reason enough to watch it though.

tricia-helfer-angel-awards-2013-presented-by_3808004.jpg

Bump cause I'm rewatching this.

Minus the lackluster last 10 minutes, season 4 was better than I remember. The mutiny was perhaps the best plot arc of the show besides New Caprica. Just ridiculously intense stuff.

Just past the part where Tigh and six lost their baby. When Tigh hugged Adama and told him the kids name "Liam" and Adama said "Good name. Short for William" God damn did I struggle to keep my shit together.

Yeah, some incredible crap in there. I had trouble now again pulling myself together.

BSG was really good, the Action sequences are amazing. Probably the closest thing to a realistic (but still obviously stylized) version of space combat you'll see.

Back