Batmans' training routine

Thorgrim

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I saw this on a Batman fan page on FB. Everyone was talking about how it would kill a regular person and it's impossible to do. Am I full of shit when I said it's not really that much? Except for the 4:50 mile per minute run time and the 525 squats I think every mma and crossfit gym has guys that do all this easily. I was laughed at but I think these are just nerds who have never worked out and this seems impossible to them.
photo.php
batman training.jpg

5 rep of 7 sets of 620 is one thing on the deadlift.

Doing the run over 20 miles and then saying must knock of 20s. per mile Is that in a car? No one whos ran distance would comment on such a increase in speed in anything sub 1 year spans.

Doing the two within a week and it to be the same person- comic book time.

Those aside,workload wise easily doable- with nothing else to do (full time job), no other stressors in life (which multi million pound car to take out next/ho to bang) and persistence.

Can't believe I just contribute to this either.

I've looked at this a few times before. A few things:

-The loads are too much 7 x 5 with 620lbs on DL / 8 x 3 with 262lbs on the CnJ / 10 x 5 with 525lbs on Squats... These are realistic 1-5RMs for high level athletes, but not loads you can spam with volume.

-If the loads were toned down, it's not that unrealistic if you eat 5-6k calories a day, sleep 8-10 hours with a nap during the day, have no external stressors, etc.

-I don't see how that would be sustainable while staying up all night crime fighting and getting beat up.

If Batman were to exist, I think his routine would be something like 2-3x full body / week around big lifts: weighted chin ups, squats, trap bar dl, ohp, farmer carry. Then technique work 4-6x a week for 1-3 hours which would take care of cardio, endurance and flexibility as well.

Back