BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Thread 4.0 (Three More Join Cast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DC backs down from CA 3, WB is officially a can.

I can understand if it's Avengers 2. WB doesn't have much faith in this movie when their 2 biggest superheroes are backing down against Captain America.

Yeah, I'm not excited for caps next appearance but realistically it could be a gigantic box office weekend because most guys I know would go see both films.

Agreed. I think he has the potential to be the best Batman yet (I stress, potential).

Affleck's been in some shitty movies but he's also been in some pretty fucking awesome flicks. I think he could pull off Bruce Wayne off perfectly.

I think he's taking a shit-kicking for Gigli and Daredevil - no excuses for Gigli, but I know that he (and others) has / have stated that Daredevil turned out to not be at all like what it was originally conceived as due to studio interference with storyline, casting choices, etc.

Also he is a lifelong comics fan, so hopefully some of his passion comes through on the screen.

My biggest concern is the script. As badass as Batman is, Superman's just on a whole different level. It's hard to conceive of any way Batman could pose a threat to him without resorting to Kryptonite. (I haven't read any of the Batman vs. Superman comics, so I've no idea how they addressed it in the comics)

Batman is only a threat to Superman if he can deploy Kryptonite. There is also a psychological aspect to any confrontation between the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel,

"I know that Clark could squash me like a bug. But I also know that he won't. Because deep down, Clark is a good man. And deep down...I'm not.":icon_twis

Batman is only a threat to Superman if he can deploy Kryptonite. There is also a psychological aspect to any confrontation between the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel,

"I know that Clark could squash me like a bug. But I also know that he won't. Because deep down, Clark is a good man. And deep down...I'm not.":icon_twis

i can dig it. batman is the shit.

i can dig it. batman is the shit.

Although the infamous Prep Time has become a parody, it has it's basis in fact: Batman is well aware of his limitations. Even though he's a ridiculously talented polymath in peak human condition - he's still just a man. In order to compete with foes who are truly Superhuman, he cannot rely on his physical abilities. He must out-think the enemies he cannot out-fight.

This also means that, in spite of his No Kills Rule, the Dark Knight is far more ruthless than many of his peers. Simply because he can afford to take fewer chances. I seem to recall a story in which Batman forced Darkseid to retreat by claiming he had planted bombs that would destroy Apokolips. Darkseid stated that he would have called Superman's bluff, because he knew Superman would not kill so many innocent civilians. But he was unwilling to take that chance with Batman...:icon_twis

Although the infamous Prep Time has become a parody, it has it's basis in fact: Batman is well aware of his limitations. Even though he's a ridiculously talented polymath in peak human condition - he's still just a man. In order to compete with foes who are truly Superhuman, he cannot rely on his physical abilities. He must out-think the enemies he cannot out-fight.

This also means that, in spite of his No Kills Rule, the Dark Knight is far more ruthless than many of his peers. Simply because he can afford to take fewer chances. I seem to recall a story in which Batman forced Darkseid to retreat by claiming he had planted bombs that would destroy Apokolips. Darkseid stated that he would have called Superman's bluff, because he knew Superman would not kill so many innocent civilians. But he was unwilling to take that chance with Batman...:icon_twis

Completely agree- Batman to me has always been the most cunning superhero. Ever since a kid I've thought that. There's never been any doubt in my mind and he will always remain my favorite for the reasons you have mentioned, and because generally he's just a badass motherfucker. :icon_twis

You're right. My casting was light years better.

My full Justice League Dream cast:

My full dream Justice League cast:

John Cena replaces Henry Cavill as Superman

Ben Affleck as Batman

Sarah Jessica Parker as Wonder Woman

Jack Black as Aquaman

Spike Lee as Green Lantern

Shia Lebouf as The Flash

Ashton Kutcher as Martian Manhunter

William Shatner as Lex Luthor

Nick Frost as Alfred

Adam Driver as Nightwing

Ellen Page as The Joker

Directed by M Night shyamalan

All special effects done in CGI

Music composed by Eminem, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Miley cyrus, Justin Bieber, Toby Keith, Insane Clown Posse & Kid Rock.

<3

LMAO @ keeping Affleck as Batman.

Subarashii...

I see that joke list and laugh, but I think Ellen Page would make an awesome Harley Quinn...

As far as Batman's being more ruthless, I often see it argued but I just don't buy it. In his entire history he's killed like what...3 people in the last 80 years? Everyone knows he doesn't kill people.

Last edited:
He needs to randomly kill someone every now and then just to keep his enemies on their toes.

Finally someone said it..Batman isnt like the other guys with otherworldly ..if not godlike powers ; he is a regular guy in comparison. Yeah he is a polymath Ans peak human with an incredible drive..mental toughness..

But that pales in comparison to the people he works with and comes into conflict with, hell even the lower level supes are more than a match for him physically and even a few non powered guys are comparable in one or two areas ; there are even a few who can match him in more. So even in these instance he is either at a disadvantage if not at a stalemate and that is just the non and low powered guys.

Batman has to have an answer for any and everything he may have to deal with; unlike Superman...wonder woman...flash...manhunter..power girl...super girl..green lantern, Batman has many phyiscal limitations..and is one of the only heroes who can be impacted by age and injury.

He can't afford to make mistakes...he can't afford to not have a plan because he is human and subject to the same threats..dangers...that the other humans are; he has more of an understanding than most since he sees these guys in action all the time and he knows the full extent of their abilities.

The prep time thing only sounds ridiculous when you ignore the obsessive nature of a guy who makes a lifelong commitment to fighting crime and preparing himself to attack it from every possible angle..level..and perspective. Once crime begins to involve people with incredible abilities, he becomes even more obsessive...dedicated because the room for error is that much smaller; am its not just the villains he has to be worried about its the guys he works with who are just as..if not more unstoppable than the villains.

I see that joke list and laugh, but I think Ellen Page would make an awesome Harley Quinn...

As far as Batman's being more ruthless, I often see it argued but I just don't buy it. In his entire history he's killed like what...3 people in the last 80 years? Everyone knows he doesn't kill people.

He needs to randomly kill someone every now and then just to keep his enemies on their toes.

I don't know his exact body count, but Bats regularly killed people during the Golden Age. His very first appearance ended with a criminal dropped into a vat of acid, IIRC. He's also snapped a bad guy's neck and hung another one from his Bat Plane.

If you read the Batman comics for any length of time it becomes obvious that Batman wants to kill. But he cannot allow himself that pleasure, or he will lose the moral high ground.

The true reasons behind the No Kills rule are:

A)If Batman kills the Joker, Bane, Penguin etc, then the Writers will constantly have to keep thinking up new Villains for him to fight. Also, the hard core Fan Boys would probably suicide bomb DC head office if you killed off the Joker permanently.:icon_twis

B)The Dark Knight is one of the most iconic characters in the history of fiction. He's a licence to print money. So DC need to keep his appeal as broad as possible, and make him as big a part of the DC Universe as they can.

Batman doesn't get his Hannibal on because you can't have a Serial Killer fighting alongside the JLA.

The only Tier 1 Superhero with a high body count is Wolverine. And although they are both Anti-Heroes, Bruce and Logan are very different characters, in very different fictional universes. Marvel have always been slightly darker than DC.

They did that Batman/Darkseid confrontation in the Apocalypse movie. Was a good flick with Conroy and Daly.

I don't know his exact body count, but Bats regularly killed people during the Golden Age. His very first appearance ended with a criminal dropped into a vat of acid, IIRC. He's also snapped a bad guy's neck and hung another one from his Bat Plane.

If you read the Batman comics for any length of time it becomes obvious that Batman wants to kill. But he cannot allow himself that pleasure, or he will lose the moral high ground.

The true reasons behind the No Kills rule are:

A)If Batman kills the Joker, Bane, Penguin etc, then the Writers will constantly have to keep thinking up new Villains for him to fight. Also, the hard core Fan Boys would probably suicide bomb DC head office if you killed off the Joker permanently.:icon_twis

B)The Dark Knight is one of the most iconic characters in the history of fiction. He's a licence to print money. So DC need to keep his appeal as broad as possible, and make him as big a part of the DC Universe as they can.

Batman doesn't get his Hannibal on because you can't have a Serial Killer fighting alongside the JLA.

The only Tier 1 Superhero with a high body count is Wolverine. And although they are both Anti-Heroes, Bruce and Logan are very different characters, in very different fictional universes. Marvel have always been slightly darker than DC.

I thought Under the Red Hood tackled Batman's No Kill policy well. He still pissed me off though. Just end the Joker for fuck sakes.

I thought Under the Red Hood tackled Batman's No Kill policy well. He still pissed me off though. Just end the Joker for fuck sakes.

I completely agree. Letting the Joker live means innocent civilians will die. So Batman is a murderer by proxy. Although it's not exactly canon, Batman admits this in Miller's seminal, The Dark Knight Returns.

Just end the Joker for fuck sakes.

Seriously.

You know he's going to escape Arkham. You know he's going to start terrorizing. You know he's going to start killing.

This isn't some potentially redeemable purse snatcher.

Seriously.

You know he's going to escape Arkham. You know he's going to start terrorizing. You know he's going to start killing.

This isn't some potentially redeemable purse snatcher.

Obviously, I'm a huge Batman fan. But letting the Joker live just so he can take the moral high ground is a dick move.:mad:

I think the parody comes in, in that we are to think guys like Lex Luthor and Doctor Doom (Marvel Universe obviously) then must not be using Prep Time.

If prep time is such a magic bullet that an otherwise normal human never takes the big loss to the near god like entities, then obviously many of the top badies are simply not using it.

A top baddie or Batman can prepare all they want. yes they are smart. But so are guys like Superman. Couple that with the massive physical advantages they have and 'prep time' should be nothing more then a hall mary basketball shots taken from half court. a one in a lifetime shot to overcome terrible odds.

the real reason guys like Batman are written to beat a guy like Superman is to appeal to the human ego. We are in awe of these fantasy super hero's and all geek out and dream about such powers. But we cannot have them. But wait! We normal humans can be greater then even the most powerful, god like human. We humans may have not have the physical power but we do have our own god like power inside all of us. Prep time.

or so they sell us and we buy because it feeds our human ego to believe it at some extent.

(the same reason why almost every Alien invasion movie has us over come them and win the war. Boo Ya, we buy into that shit. We humans can overcome everything)

I've always felt that any of Batman's accomplishments are overshadowed by the fact that he has allowed probably thousands of people die because of his refusal to kill. I mean the guy has probably more serial killers in his rogues gallery than any other super hero yet the writers refuse to ever let him kill any of them. It's retarded on so many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
john_k47
Back