• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BATMAN V SUPERMAN 8.0 (First Trailer Officially Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, DC looked to be stepping it's game up.

I know it got a lot of (IMO inexplicable) flack, but Man of Steel was awesome for anyone who thought vanilla-Supes was boring. "They didn't capture the essence of Superman..." ...STFU MoS was awesome. They finally brought high level Superman-level fight scenes to live action, and showed an origin story that was actually plausible and interesting. I watched that shit three times with zero regrets.

Then the Nolan Batman movies erased the taint of Batman & Robin from everyone's memories. Gone were the Bat Nipples, the ultra mega camp, and the absurd dialogue. On came the nuanced plotlines, great origin story, excellent writing and acting, and high production values. They were awesome, barring TDKR's ME3-level middle finger at the very end of the trilogy, you couldn't ask for a better series of Batman movies.

After these major successes, instead of building upon that by putting out quality WW (starring Jessica Biel) and GL (starring Idris Elba) movies, their movie execs thought... "what about if we made a movie where an flying, inhumanly strong, and invincible alien fought a rich guy who likes to beat up thugs instead of sleeping in?"

NO SHAME!

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'!

I agree, Man of Steel was awesome. Never understood a lot of the hate. Especially since a lot of the people saying it didn't capture the "essence" of Supes (somehow?) are the same people saying Tim Burtons Batman captured the essence of Batman, by making the Joker the guy who killed his parents and having Batman kill people.

Riddler and what else?

With a better angle
vDXnMlg.jpg

Joe - Kayla - Eros = Joker

Aphrodite (a reference to Wonder Woman)

if you are referring too the Riddler ? then that's either been pointed out here already or elsewhere. Not sure what other one you see though.

Riddler and... "TCK" The Clock King.

I'd love to see the Riddler in this movie. He's a really underplayed character.

Honestly, DC looked to be stepping it's game up.

I know it got a lot of (IMO inexplicable) flack, but Man of Steel was awesome for anyone who thought vanilla-Supes was boring. "They didn't capture the essence of Superman..." ...STFU MoS was awesome. They finally brought high level Superman-level fight scenes to live action, and showed an origin story that was actually plausible and interesting. I watched that shit three times with zero regrets.

Then the Nolan Batman movies erased the taint of Batman & Robin from everyone's memories. Gone were the Bat Nipples, the ultra mega camp, and the absurd dialogue. On came the nuanced plotlines, great origin story, excellent writing and acting, and high production values. They were awesome, barring TDKR's ME3-level middle finger at the very end of the trilogy, you couldn't ask for a better series of Batman movies.

After these major successes, instead of building upon that by putting out quality WW (starring Jessica Biel) and GL (starring Idris Elba) movies, their movie execs thought... "what about if we made a movie where an flying, inhumanly strong, and invincible alien fought a rich guy who likes to beat up thugs instead of sleeping in?"

NO SHAME!

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'!

Fuck yes
approves-reaction-gif.gif

I loved TDK , MOS and can't wait for BvS. IT's going to be the shiiiiiit !!!

I agree, Man of Steel was awesome. Never understood a lot of the hate. Especially since a lot of the people saying it didn't capture the "essence" of Supes (somehow?) are the same people saying Tim Burtons Batman captured the essence of Batman, by making the Joker the guy who killed his parents and having Batman kill people.

The ONLY part of MoS I didn't like was when Kal's Costner dad told him to let him die to keep his sekrit. I was like... really? Aside from that, nigh perfection.

I know what they mean by "essence" though I don't agree with it. They wanted Supes to be more idealistic, more goody goody, and less killery. But guess what? The Superman those people are used to, and wanted in MoS, is fucking boring and completely unrelatable to any normal person. It's bad enough that he's an invincible demigod alien, but to give him the type of squeaky clean personality that 1:1,000,000 people have as well? Zzzz...

The way they portrayed him instead, by making him a reasonable amount of idealistic (wants to help people), not unwaveringly goody goody (crushed a man's truck/livelihood due to rage and petty revenge, destroyed drones without remorse), and killery (killed a man who threatened genocide), they ended up with a very relatable and interesting Superman to watch.

I loved TDK , MOS and can't wait for BvS. IT's going to be the shiiiiiit !!!

Thanks for the support, I guess... but I think you missed the underlying message I was trying to convey regarding BvS.

I enjoyed Man Of Steel, but it didn't make a very good launchpad for a shared universe where humanity has things like Greek Gods and Atlanteans on their doorstep, and an intergalactic police force just over the hill.

The way they wanted to "ground" the Superman mythos just didn't give any leeway to things like that, but now they decided to compete with Marvel's cinematic universe and all that extra stuff that shouldn't fit in is suddenly there.

Damnit. I wish I could attend the IMAX Event. :icon_sad:

I enjoyed Man Of Steel, but it didn't make a very good launchpad for a shared universe where humanity has things like Greek Gods and Atlanteans on their doorstep, and an intergalactic police force just over the hill.

The way they wanted to "ground" the Superman mythos just didn't give any leeway to things like that, but now they decided to compete with Marvel's cinematic universe and all that extra stuff that shouldn't fit in is suddenly there.

I'm willing to ignore any continuity problems, is there a superhero franchise that needs realism less than Superman?

i never saw the superman movie cause dark superman was just silly to me its like a
dark edgy doctor who movie or something like that

Batman has a shot because Batman is insane. I don't know why anyone would assume otherwise. He's rich as fuck, decided to abandon his father's company to train in the mountains with an anarchist ninja, spent millions on equipment and training to fight criminals at night.

People think Batman doesn't kill but they forgot something. Snyder's Superman just killed the remaining of his species. Not only did he kill someone, he killed his own someone.

Superman killed to save lives of a family and his battle was with what to do in order to not kill someone.

This is different from Batman.

Batman has the desire to kill many, and he fights to restrain that desire. He makes criminals bleed, he has no issue with beating the piss out of his opponents, studying them, learning their weaknesses so he can expose them for it.

All at once, I'm ten years old, looking up in the Metropolis skyline with Tommy Elliot. Green Lantern is fighting with The Icicle and Tommy tells me The Icicle can't win.

"If you want to beat your opponent, Bruce, you have to think like your opponent."

If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness.

Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person...

... and deep down, I'm not.

batstory8d.jpg

i never saw the superman movie cause dark superman was just silly to me its like a
dark edgy doctor who movie or something like that

Just from this post I can conclude that you don't know much about the Superman's history.

it's rumored the line "tell me, do you bleed. you will." is DD, and not batman. I don't think the voice is Bats, but I'm not convinced it's DD either. time will tell.

I sure as shit hope DD is not in this movie. The set up and story would be all wrong.

I always felt the death of superman would make for one hell of a trilogy...with an established universe of set characters.

That can't happen in the span of a 2 hour film...

Fixed that for you.

Yeah, that's called a weakness, dumb ass.

If I come over to your house and beat you up because you "let me", I still beat you up. There could be 1000 different reasons why.

You think Bernard Hopkins beat Kelly Pavlik because he's physically superior? Or Randy Couture beat Tim Sylvia because he was a physically better fighter? Or Matt Hughes beat GSP because he was better?

I even said it myself, Batman beats Superman because he studies him, learns his weaknesses and uses them against him.

Excuse makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back