Based On What I Saw In The McGregor Fight...

Rockford Tyson

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't think Aldo can beat McGregor on his feet, given McGregor's reach advantage. Aldo has slightly better Muay Thai overall, but MrGregor's boxing is much better and he his reach more than makes up for it.

But here is the thing: Aldo is not a one-dimensional striker, but a master BJJ artist as well. People tend to forget that. Everyone thinks that Aldo is going to bang with McGregor, but most likely he will work on his wrestling to take him down and try to submit McGregor or win by points with takedowns.

Aldo's game plan to beat McGregor: look for the clinch, wear him down against the fence, and try to take him down to submit him or just win by points.

I'd think Aldo will leg kick the begeesus out of him. And work from there. Siver was landing the leg kick well.

I'd think Aldo will leg kick the begeesus out of him. And work from there. Siver was landing the leg kick well.

Yup. People are acting like this kid is invincible. He is a very good boxer and throws some decent kicks, but what about his overall game? It's not like he has shown outstanding TDs and a great ground game.

Aldo can do what you say, circle a lot and use leg kicks to wear him down and then pick him apart when he legs have gone to hell. Or he could do what I say, clinch against the fence to wear McGregor down and take him down and win by points.

I just don't think Aldo will be able to beat McGregor in a standup war based on his reach and boxing. McGregor is the first fighter in a long time that can actually beat Aldo in a pure standup war.

Aldo will kick out the GOAT's legs judging by those two rounds.

Goat is still goat though.

Aldo is the king , Connor kinda looked like a jester

That is alll.

Only seen McG fight porier and siver. His offense looks pretty good. Throws a lot of wild shots though.

Don't know what his gas tank is like and he doesn't have any defense. What's he going to be like in the 4th and 5th when Aldo beats up his legs?

If he keeps his legs planted like that he'll need crutches by the 2nd round.

Only seen McG fight porier and siver. His offense looks pretty good. Throws a lot of wild shots though.

Don't know what his gas tank is like and he doesn't have any defense. What's he going to be like in the 4th and 5th when Aldo beats up his legs?

I am not sure Aldo will use the strategy of kicking his legs because McGregro has a serious reach advantage and is very precise with his striking. Aldo might risk getting KOd if he stands too long against McGregor.

I think Aldo will go back to his BJJ roots. He will clinch against the fence with him, and tire him out and then take him down and submit him. Or just take him down ovr and over and win by decision.

I feel cub and cerrone beat siver more easily. No way conor takes Aldo. Conor was scared.

I feel cub and cerrone beat siver more easily. No way conor takes Aldo. Conor was scared.

Coinor looked overacting, like he had tom convince HIMSELF that he can beat Aldo. Aldo was completely calm and collected.

Did you miss the fight Cub just had with Dennis? It took him almost three rounds to stop him. MacGregor done it much more convincingly and impressive.

Aldo will yank those legs off that boy

Send him home limping.

Did you miss the fight Cub just had with Dennis? It took him almost three rounds to stop him. MacGregor done it much more convincingly and impressive.

Yet cerrone whooped siver in 3 mins.

Connor took 2 rds against an older siver

I don't think Aldo can beat McGregor on his feet, given McGregor's reach advantage. Aldo has slightly better Muay Thai overall, but MrGregor's boxing is much better and he his reach more than makes up for it.

But here is the thing: Aldo is not a one-dimensional striker, but a master BJJ artist as well. People tend to forget that. Everyone thinks that Aldo is going to bang with McGregor, but most likely he will work on his wrestling to take him down and try to submit McGregor or win by points with takedowns.

Aldo's game plan to beat McGregor: look for the clinch, wear him down against the fence, and try to take him down to submit him or just win by points.

if Conner fights long like this fight tonight Aldo will break both of Conners leg's with kicks from hell

THIS.

Conor sits in that deep stance. Jose is going to have a party kicking that lead leg.

Conor has looked great fighting people that do not present the challenges that Jose will bring.

Jose Aldo is top 3 p4p for a reason. He has defended the 145 title 9x (7x UFC 2x WEC) and hasn't really been challenged in his reign.

Aldo has been dominant against the best in the world, there is a HUGE difference between dominating the best guys in the sport and dominating guys who are a significant step down from the elite fighters. Wins over Frankie, Mendes, Cub, Faber, MTB, Lamas, Kenny... big difference between those guys and Siver and Poirier, and I like those guys, I am always happy to watch them fight, but they are not the same caliber.

Conor looks great, can't wait to see how the fight with Aldo plays out. Jose is a fucking stud, if Conor beats him then all the hype is justified, Aldo is as legit as they come.

What a great fight. After just seeing DC vs Jones it is awesome that there is another fight on the horizon where a DOMINANT champ has a super talented dangerous challenge that could be the one to end their long title reign. Giggity

Back