Bas Workout Tape

Kolios

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hey i have been doing it for about a year now ... does anyone else use it or is there better ones out .. i like the one i am doing ...

I hear awesome things about the Bas Workout Tape. Most people say that pretty much all of his videos are great. I am yet to try one.

Yeah, I use it a bit. I reckon they're great. His site has some ways to vary it or make it harder. If you go to the ask the fighters forum and you are lucky enough that the search function works, there were a few threads in which he discussed how to make it different if you get bored, and lets face it, after a year, you do. I mean, I can anticipate the combos and stuff now, I'm sure you can. I'm hoping he puts out a new version at some stage.

Abraham said:
Yeah, I use it a bit. I reckon they're great. His site has some ways to vary it or make it harder. If you go to the ask the fighters forum and you are lucky enough that the search function works, there were a few threads in which he discussed how to make it different if you get bored, and lets face it, after a year, you do. I mean, I can anticipate the combos and stuff now, I'm sure you can. I'm hoping he puts out a new version at some stage.

Yes it gets boring but it works ... i will to go and see how tio make it harder ... and yes i would love for him to make a new one ...

I usually do it on the heavybag with abwork in between rounds. 6-9 rounds a day after jiu jitsu and kickboxing technique practice. The MMA tape is very good for cardio, I used to do 6 rounds every morning (1pm) then do some more rounds in the evening, the boxing tape is very good for the arms (I always say it's the hardest tape, though it seems all the non-fighters hate the MMA type the most). On the MMA, and Muay Thai always throw a kick after your combination. (Left kick after a 4, Right kick after a 3 ect.) Love the tapes, I do.

It does get boring... But it's effective. I would not really recommend using it until the last 6-8wks in training for a tournament or a fight. You can sharpen your cardio edge during this time. Otherwise it's a little hard to be doing regularly.

Brand: Yepp. Or well, it's cardio training using exercises that should improve your fighting as well. It consists of a video tape (or DVD) and a CD record. The CD is recordings of Bas shouting out numbers and names for different exercises, and the video is of Bas explaining what to do for each number (1=jab, 2=right straight etc).

I have it and use it occassionally. I like it a lot. I think it has made my striking faster and crisper. It's a gread workout. And the all-around workout tape/CD is a good cardio workout.

I used the tapes almost every day (sometimes 2-3 times a day) over a three month period and my cardio soared. If I was going for a run, I'd do three or four mma rounds as a warm up. The same prior to doing the boxing or thai boxing on the bag.

But for pure hell, the last workout is the best. MMA workout, track 2. Take a puke bucket, you're gunna need it.

I travel quite a bit so I uploaded them to my ipod and purchased a small surround system stereo for it. I only use them at hotels but they work great. I have two gyms here so I have no need to use them at home.

The workout is great. I highly recommend people buy it. I promise, your cardio and speed will improve if you stick to it.

I managed to pull a muscle in my lower back doing it, my own dumb fault for not stretching too well beforehand. I haven't used it in about a month. Can't wait to get back into it. It's good stuff.

Helpful hint : when Bas says to do everything @ 100%...Do it. You'll be glad in the long run.

Wado Guy said:
The workout is great. I highly recommend people buy it. I promise, your cardio and speed will improve if you stick to it.

I managed to pull a muscle in my lower back doing it, my own dumb fault for not stretching too well beforehand. I haven't used it in about a month. Can't wait to get back into it. It's good stuff.

Helpful hint : when Bas says to do everything @ 100%...Do it. You'll be glad in the long run.

Thats funny how you said you pulled a muscle in your lower back .. i think i did it tonight trying to go full out 2 much .. but in about 3 -4 days i should be back at it

I've had issues w/ my lower back for a while now. It's almost like all of the nerves in your body are attached to your lower back (or a zit on your nose). I'm taking time off for all my injuries to heal properly.
Bas says to be sure to stretch before doing the workout. Gotta listen to Bas!

The best thing about his MMA workout cd's is that you can vary so many things on it.
After a week on it, without really thinking, I was bobbing/weaving/evading/side stepping between his commands and sometimes during. The possibilities are endless.

I'm in very good shape and i hurt my low back VERY badly when doing the up/downs or Burpees when i was completely fatigued. That is very dangerous exercise to do when totally fatigued to the point of exhaustion. As a way to make it safer and even a little easier, you can use a step stool on the ground, or some other type of built up surface. Maybe an old heavy bag on the ground....Now when you go down to do the push up phase of the Burpees you really won't have to go all the way to the ground, and getting up will be much EASIER on your low backn when pushing up from a raised surface....Much safer way to do them

S.D.Force said:
I'm in very good shape and i hurt my low back VERY badly when doing the up/downs or Burpees when i was completely fatigued. That is very dangerous exercise to do when totally fatigued to the point of exhaustion. As a way to make it safer and even a little easier, you can use a step stool on the ground, or some other type of built up surface. Maybe an old heavy bag on the ground....Now when you go down to do the push up phase of the Burpees you really won't have to go all the way to the ground, and getting up will be much EASIER on your low backn when pushing up from a raised surface....Much safer way to do them

You're right.
The burpees/"defence" on the All Around Fighting was what hurt my back.
Thanks for the advice.

I use the boxing tape every other day. Alternating the heavy bag and shadowboxing. My combos have improved, my power has increased as well. I also do some Scrapper routines from the Mod 1. I can finish WO#1 and do those on my off days. My goals are not to be a big bodybuilder or pro boxer, just trying to keep in shape and be able throw down if I need to. I havent had too since starting my program but in this day and age you never know. I was going to start a jogging program last year and thought if Im going to do something to get in better shape , I'd be better off learning how to punch a little in the process. Kind of a fitness program with benefits. I like Bas' MMA workout.

Back