Bas Ruttens - pads or shadow boxing

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Chris Kimmerly, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Chris Kimmerly

Chris Kimmerly Amateur Fighter

For a while now I have only been doing the BAs routine as a warm-up and only shadow boxing. I finally got a partner to hold the pads while I did it and I tell ya it was 100% harder then only shadow boxing.

WHat do you guys do

2. Nickm

Nickm Brown Belt

I do the 2-min boxing rounds on a heavy bag, although I don't move around nearly enough.

3. denske

denske coolhearts muaythai

i'm on the 3x7 thai box, with a heavy bag and as many kicks i can get in. great work out.

4. finnegan

finnegan Mountains and Fleas

I usually go on the heavybag for the thaiboxing, and shadowbox for the all around fighting. I don't have a whole lot of space to move around the bag and sprawl in any direction at a moment's notice, unfortunately.
    Every time I've held the pads or had someone else hold them, there has been issues with cooridination, esp if you are holding for a southpaw who is throwing rights for jabs. Just need to work on it more.

5. Snake_p20

Snake_p20 Blue Belt

Thai pads for the thai workout, it is an insane workout. It takes a while to get good timing and coordination between the pad holder and the guy hitting the pads but once you work out the problems it is a great workout, my favorite.

6. TheDavid

TheDavid Banned Banned

I like the thai pads and the heavybag.
    Doing it in the air is a good workout too but nothing, nothing is the same as a heavy bag or the thai pads. I usually do this workout 2X a week with thai pads one day and heavybag another. It prepped me well for the fights I had this past weekend.

7. John L Sullivan

John L Sullivan Blue Belt

On the heavy bag.

8. Chris Kimmerly

Chris Kimmerly Amateur Fighter

I do it with my brother and needless to say we know each other well so holding pads is nothing for us. I think I'll tape us next time and post it. Because we know each other so well we look like freaking pro. IT helps when we have been doing it for a few years (20+)

9. cmburns

cmburns Guest

I'd like to see that video man. Post that shit up!