Baruto will win the OWGP!

Who is representing for bellator? Wanderlei? King mo? Rampage?
It should be King Mo because it just should but he said in a recent interview that a lot of things needed to happen for him to be there and that was unlikely.

Wanderlei is already confirmed.

Bobby Lashley would be good... he always carries that freakshow element.

And then we can call him "Karate Burrito Supreme" instead of simply Karate Burrito.

Upsets happen in GPs like this all the time. Wouldn't be real surprised but he is a bit of an underdog going in.

Bigger
Younger
Faster
Stronger
Sexier
Baruto will win the Rizin GP for sure.

This is Fujita Vs Prime Bob Sapp

It's one of the biggest beatings I've ever seen in my life

Yes Fujita is 45 but I don't think he has lost any of that gangster in him

soccer kicks are allowed no? that means big trouble for a gigantic pillow like Baruto once Fujita wrestlers him down and unleashes those shins

I just want to start off by saying your user name is creepy and reminds of priests and NAMBLA with that being said.
Fujita is shot. He can still do stiff pro wrestling ala IGF, U-Style type ish, but as far as MMA goes he's done. I think Baruto will beat him.

I agree that Fujita used to be legit and he's still tough, but he's getting up there in age and has lots of mileage on him from years of real wrestling, Japanese Pro Wrestling which is very hard on your body, and of course mma.

If I'm wrong, I have no problem saying it... I just think Fujita is done and same with Saku who I am legit homo for.

View attachment 126161
Sorry to say but the new blood is here to stay, Baruto is literally going to blanket and stuff anyone who he faces in the GP. Sorry to the PRIDE fans who want to see Wandy vs Cro Cop 3. Baruto is crashing the party!

Karate Burrito will become UFC champ.

Imagine him in a cage... he'd smother f*** his way to #1.

Struve's height, and twice the weight and speed.

Prochazka is going to knock him out before he even makes it to the semis. Depending on the brackets, of course.

Baruto is the future,haters gonna hate.but he is the future

I was impressed with his fight against Aerts. For a guy carrying that much weight, he moved fast and had good cardio. He seemed to have good ground and pound and used his Judo background well on the ground.

If he manages to get a hold of Mirko or Wand they will not be able to muscle out of it as he is a strong as fvk. It would be cool to see him win the whole thing and make fans respect Sumo more as a legitimate base for MMA.

kids-karate.jpg

beefbob.png

Who is representing for bellator? Wanderlei? King mo? Rampage?
- Wanderlei is already announced and the RIZIN website still says Bellator has yet to send a rep. Would be kind of lame for Wand to be the Bellator rep anyways, he hasn't fought for them yet.

- A poster in this same thread already said King Mo is unlikely so I guess he's out.

- Rampage is very likely. He's interested in fighting in Japan again and he wants to move to Heavyweight permanently. I'm sure Bellator wouldn't mind sending him there, especially after his last snoozefest.

- Minakov is possible but they can't even get him to fight in Bellator.

- Kongo and Johnson are busy in September

Mitrione, Lashley, and Rampage are the most likely candidates.

Lol he almost lost to a shot Aerts who took the fight on short notice(also isn't even an MMA fighter)

Lol he almost lost to a shot Aerts who took the fight on short notice(also isn't even an MMA fighter)

At no point in that fight was he in any danger of losing; I don't see where you're getting this. He's going to smash this GP if he has been training MMA since his last appearance. Believe it or not Sumo wrestlers have good takedown defense and clinch grappling. You can't compare him to Akebono; Akebono was supersized even by sumo standards. Fujita will have to try and keep it on the feet to win; if Baruto can get him down (and if Baruto get close he'll take him down) he can pound Fujita out, or alternately lay on him for the whole fight and lock in a submission late.

At no point in that fight was he in any danger of losing; I don't see where you're getting this. He's going to smash this GP if he has been training MMA since his last appearance. Believe it or not Sumo wrestlers have good takedown defense and clinch grappling. You can't compare him to Akebono; Akebono was supersized even by sumo standards. Fujita will have to try and keep it on the feet to win; if Baruto can get him down (and if Baruto get close he'll take him down) he can pound Fujita out, or alternately lay on him for the whole fight and lock in a submission late.

Best of luck to him but is there a single success story of a Sumo in MMA?

really??? i presume you mean like actual physical body size?

No I mean as in a legit beating

in that Video Fujita is 260 pounds of muscle throwing soccer kicks at a happless Bob Sapp

It may not look as brutal as some other fights but in terms brain damage potential and downright damage it's right up there

Back