Barboza lost to Ferguson and Johnson...

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Yet he scores a higher profile fight than either of the two have ever been in. He could easily leapfrog them both with an impressive win here.

Is this proof that it pays off to fight on short notice and fight through fouls? Dana praised him for it.

Barboza has never pulled out of a fight and he's had 7 replacement fights now. He asked for this fight. You gotta think he's on their good graces.

He deserves this fight. Great stylistic match-up and both guys are top 10. Makes perfect sense.

Hasn't Pettis lost 2 in a row as well?

Sounds like a solid theory. The UFC does tend to use the carrot and the stick approach when it comes to taking fights on short-notice.

he's shown good chin in his last 5 fights against top guys, get over that
The forum is far too retarded to get over that. The consensus among everyone is that punching power and chin is absolutely everything

If Barboza wins he's right in the mix for a title shot. Alvarez and Khabib/Cucuy winner is in the mix too.

Marketability, charisma & the fact that you held two belts in the past counts.
063014-UFC-anthony-pettis-on-wheaties-ahn-PI.jpg

Pettis by KO (punches). Just can't bet on that glass chin
You really living in this past with that glass chin shit. I think we're past that now with Edson.

Edit: wow apparently my sherbros feel the same way.

Pettis by KO (punches). Just can't bet on that glass chin
When was the last time Pettis KO'd someone with his hands? I dont know where this myth started but Pettis doesn't have hands. He has flashy kicks, great kicks, but he aint a polished puncher and is kinda a one dimensional striker. Pettis had a ton of talent but peaked a long time ago and that has been exposed badly. It is a great fan friendly match up tho.

When was the last time Pettis KO'd someone with his hands? I dont know where this myth started but Pettis doesn't have hands. He has flashy kicks, great kicks, but he aint a polished puncher and is kinda a one dimensional striker. Pettis had a ton of talent but peaked a long time ago and that has been exposed badly. It is a great fan friendly match up tho.

Cowboy isn't known for his hands either but dropped Edson with a jab and finished him

Jab-Donald-Cerrone-vs-Edson-Barboza.gif

If Barboza wins he's right in the mix for a title shot. Alvarez and Khabib/Cucuy winner is in the mix too.
Alvarez is not close to a TS after winning two disputed decisions.
I can't see anyway the brass would reward him for hugging Pettis like a stage 5 clingy girlfriend.

Pettis TKO (jab)
You trolling homey. I use to give Edson a hard time but he's been one of the more entertaining fighters win or lose the last year or so and that chin has been tested.
Edit: I forgot about that cowboy fight.

Ferguson/Khabib is for #1 contender, Pettis/Barboza is not.

Back