Barboza lost to Ferguson and Johnson...

Yet he scores a higher profile fight than either of the two have ever been in. He could easily leapfrog them both with an impressive win here.

Is this proof that it pays off to fight on short notice and fight through fouls? Dana praised him for it.

Barboza has never pulled out of a fight and he's had 7 replacement fights now. He asked for this fight. You gotta think he's on their good graces.

as a boss, i can tell you that being on the boss's good grace is very beneficial.

and one can be on the boss's good grace by delivering the job.

delivering the job means bringing in the number, whether in terms of profits or putting asses in seats or ppv numbers or just showing up time every time and put in the best effort

these things will put you in the boss's good grace... and you will receive favors in return, whether it's promotion, salary raise or high profile fights

I agree that Barboza hasn't earned a shot at Pettis, but I've never understood UFC matchmaking and it should be a highly entertaining fight so I'm not complaining.

The UFC probably wanted to match a good striker vs striker fight. Can't say nothing about UFC rewarding anyone.

stylistically this fight is all the fans want, barboza has great skills and is fun to watch, besides ferguson got khabib so ranking wise this fight makes sense, i don't see anything weird with it

pettis fights once a eyar and hasnt had a Ko since 2012.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back