Banana Bag Question

37dogg

White Belt
Reaction score
was looking at the title classic banana bag for $99. just wondering if anyone has one attached to one of the bag stands and if so what brand?

the bag is 72" and for example the everlast bag stand is 84" so once chains are factored in it seems like the bag would basically be on the ground. if anyone could chime in thttp://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/banana-bag-question-2360151/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=78583607hat would be great.

Last edited:
Leg kicking a banana bag attached to cheap bag stands is not a good idea, because the impact point is your shin making your foot come close to the metal supports.

The chains you would get from Title would more than likely put it on the ground. I have an Everlast stand with a Title Classic 100 pound bag and the chains made it hang too low. I ended up going to the hardware store and made my own chains in shorter length which is what you would probably have to do. This is why bag stands kinda suck....but I have no other alternative.

The chains you would get from Title would more than likely put it on the ground. I have an Everlast stand with a Title Classic 100 pound bag and the chains made it hang too low. I ended up going to the hardware store and made my own chains in shorter length which is what you would probably have to do. This is why bag stands kinda suck....but I have no other alternative.

thanks for the info. probably not worth having a banana bag on a stand.

If its your only option, go for it. I don't remember the exact height of my thai bag, but I have it on an Everlast stand and its pretty close to perfect. With the chains pulled pretty tight, the bag is barely touching the ground.

I haven't had any issues with accidentally kicking the stand. You just have to be aware of what you are doing.

I'd much rather have it hanging the normal way, but its not a possibility unfortunately.

If its your only option, go for it. I don't remember the exact height of my thai bag, but I have it on an Everlast stand and its pretty close to perfect. With the chains pulled pretty tight, the bag is barely touching the ground.

I haven't had any issues with accidentally kicking the stand. You just have to be aware of what you are doing.

I'd much rather have it hanging the normal way, but its not a possibility unfortunately.

you wouldn't have a photo by any chance would you?

you wouldn't have a photo by any chance would you?

gJgexEO.jpg

Dont mean to jack this thread....but what kind of chain and how did you shorten it? Is there a swivel? I need to do this to mine. The only way i seem to be able to do it to my Title chain is to start chopping links.

Anyway....after seeing that pic....I say go for the banana bag with the stand. Looks like it works well.....just have to watch the kicks a little.

37dogg.......thanks for starting this thread. It is actually helping me out me also.

I didn't actually shorten them. Just pulled them tight and fed the J hook through. No swivel (as its further up the chain), but the J hook rotates in the stand so it does spin pretty well.

Dont mean to jack this thread....but what kind of chain and how did you shorten it? Is there a swivel? I need to do this to mine. The only way i seem to be able to do it to my Title chain is to start chopping links.

Anyway....after seeing that pic....I say go for the banana bag with the stand. Looks like it works well.....just have to watch the kicks a little.

37dogg.......thanks for starting this thread. It is actually helping me out me also.

np, glad it helped u out too!

I didn't actually shorten them. Just pulled them tight and fed the J hook through. No swivel (as its further up the chain), but the J hook rotates in the stand so it does spin pretty well.

that was my next question, if the bag still spins a bit - probably not nearly as much compared to a regular heavy bag i'm guessing?

It moves pretty freely. Not quite as well as it would with the swivel, but it doesn't really need to spin a whole lot anyways.

I have a Balaz stand witch is vary strong and you can use is with many different styles of bags and at 95.5 in its great for a banana bag.

In all honestly, I can't even begin to see a real justification for the $900+ markup when compared to one of the Everlast ones. I know it has to be better... but not $900 better.

Aren't the Balaz stands incredibly expensive?

yes they are but well worth it if you have the cash to spend. or if you know someone who can do some metal work, the parts are not that expensive and the design is not hard to follow.

I had a title mma muay thai bag in my garage for years. It was on a century bag stand. I used rope to attach it in order to keep it off the ground. It was fantastic for punches, when you do the kicks you just have to make sure you are careful and be creative with your angles. I always tried to land the shin on the front of the bag. I can honestly say, I never kicked the metal.

I would definetly say it is worth it, if that is your only option. Most of them also have those speed bag platforms...which can certainly be used once you bolt them down...and get a better speed bag for it.

If you have/willing to spend the money on the balaz stand, it's a world of difference. thats if a stand is the only way for you to have a bag. the metal on it is almost half an inch thick. dont have to weight it down. and never have to worry about kicking metal. i got the 150lb ko bag on it. i do have to shorten the chain by looping it and hooking the chain to itself. but it's perfect now. 2 inches off the floor. the thing is a beast. try to find it used. they are out there if you're patient. i got lucky with the ubs4. cost 3600 after shipping new.

If you have/willing to spend the money on the balaz stand, it's a world of difference. thats if a stand is the only way for you to have a bag. the metal on it is almost half an inch thick. dont have to weight it down. and never have to worry about kicking metal. i got the 150lb ko bag on it. i do have to shorten the chain by looping it and hooking the chain to itself. but it's perfect now. 2 inches off the floor. the thing is a beast. try to find it used. they are out there if you're patient. i got lucky with the ubs4. cost 3600 after shipping new.

I agree, they are expensive, but they don't move an inch. I saw one on craigslist for $200. I should have bought it, but I didn't need it.

I agree, they are expensive, but they don't move an inch. I saw one on craigslist for $200. I should have bought it, but I didn't need it.

200 is cheap! i would've bought that just to hold on to, if i ever need a stand down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back