News Bam Rodriguez vs Gallo Estrada June 29th

I just watched this fight. These scorecards are a fucking travesty.

This is the first time either Estrada or Bam have fought in years where I haven't stayed up to watch it, or watched it very first thing next morning, as being a pretty big JFE fanboy i thought i could see the writing on the wall for him

he definitely is a depleted fighter, but still....

its not as though Bam was just steamrollering him on speed and physicality, he took a super-experienced, highly skilled veteran and totally outskilled him, took a guy with great footwork and out-manouevred him, took a guy with ring craft to burn and actually looked like the fighter with better ringcraft (Bam, that is)

i texted a casual fan mate to say its like watching a Loma or Usyk but with a Mexican slant to the style. he thought that was a big call, but I'll stand by that. IMO, he is already at Loma's level (at least!) and to me he is a better all round fighter because he tends towards hurting his opponents more with single shots, earlier in fights, than Loma ever did. He has similar traits to his footwork but uses them to hurt people far more.

been in love with Bam, like a lot of people, ever since the Cuadras fight and, damn, he is delivering on the promise. and then some.

Okay, so the obvious talk if of Inoue. is it really so far-fetched?

as a thought exercise i tried to imagine how Bam would do against Neri if he came up in weight and got him as a gatekeeper.

gotta say I think Bam would fucken dice Neri up. maybe not stop him or not stop him as quickly as Inoue did but I absolutely think Bam would beat Neri. maybe i'm all of a flutter and over-reacting (I do that sometimes), but... I don't think so.

This is the first time either Estrada or Bam have fought in years where I haven't stayed up to watch it, or watched it very first thing next morning, as being a pretty big JFE fanboy i thought i could see the writing on the wall for him

he definitely is a depleted fighter, but still....

its not as though Bam was just steamrollering him on speed and physicality, he took a super-experienced, highly skilled veteran and totally outskilled him, took a guy with great footwork and out-manouevred him, took a guy with ring craft to burn and actually looked like the fighter with better ringcraft (Bam, that is)

i texted a casual fan mate to say its like watching a Loma or Usyk but with a Mexican slant to the style. he thought that was a big call, but I'll stand by that. IMO, he is already at Loma's level (at least!) and to me he is a better all round fighter because he tends towards hurting his opponents more with single shots, earlier in fights, than Loma ever did. He has similar traits to his footwork but uses them to hurt people far more.

been in love with Bam, like a lot of people, ever since the Cuadras fight and, damn, he is delivering on the promise. and then some.

Okay, so the obvious talk if of Inoue. is it really so far-fetched?

as a thought exercise i tried to imagine how Bam would do against Neri if he came up in weight and got him as a gatekeeper.

gotta say I think Bam would fucken dice Neri up. maybe not stop him or not stop him as quickly as Inoue did but I absolutely think Bam would beat Neri. maybe i'm all of a flutter and over-reacting (I do that sometimes), but... I don't think so.

The problem with Bam vs Inoue is they are currently two divisions apart and next year it'll be three divisions. On top of that Nakatani stands heads and shoulders (figuratively and literally) above everyone else at BW so if Bam were to move up he'd have to face Nakatani way before he gets to Inoue, and Bam already went down to FLW when Nakatani wanted to fight him.

Hope it happens down the road, but it'd need Inoue to stay at SBW and wait for Bam which would take years, or Bam ends up moving to FW which again would take years.

I wish we could see Bam vs Inoue.
as cool as bam is, inoue flatlines him. i don't see it being competitive, to be honest.

From Bam's tone, he wants absolutely no part of it lol.
and rightfully so. he is a boxing phenom, but the monster matches him in skill and has the touch of death.

i like them both, let them coexist in peace.

as cool as bam is, inoue flatlines him. i don't see it being competitive, to be honest.

and rightfully so. he is a boxing phenom, but the monster matches him in skill and has the touch of death.

i like them both, let them coexist in peace.
It's a doable fight based on size, but Bam would get battered and it could alter his career. Don't blame him at all.

It's a doable fight based on size, but Bam would get battered and it could alter his career. Don't blame him at all.
i mean 7lbs doesn't seem like much weight, but jesse would need to move up 2 weight classes to fight him. considering he had fought at 115 before and moved down to 112, and now back up to 115 again, makes me think he doesn't exactly feel big for the weight class.

i think rodriguez is smart enough not to fuck with the monster.

i mean 7lbs doesn't seem like much weight, but jesse would need to move up 2 weight classes to fight him. considering he had fought at 115 before and moved down to 112, and now back up to 115 again, makes me think he doesn't exactly feel big for the weight class.

i think rodriguez is smart enough not to fuck with the monster.
Inoue isn’t as big as his current weight class suggest though, if he’s bigger than Bam it’s not by much at all

Back