Balance Must Be Restored To The Universe... (EDIT: It Was)

This is why I am not convinced that TJ will win. I am in fact becoming more and more convinced that he will lose. Because every double champion that has chased after another division's belt in the hopes of winning it and holding up two belts at one time has succeeded (Conor, DC, Nunes.) Don't you think it's time that somebody finally fails at this endeavor?

Even if we count the people that have won two belts without doing it simultaneously, you'd have Randy Couture, BJ Penn, and GSP on the winning side, and only Joanna on the losing side. That's still 6-1. Hell, 7-1 if you count Dan Henderson in Pride.

That's not to say I'm not rooting for Dillashaw because I am. But this is a pick 'em fight for a lot of reasons.

Seen multiple threads about champ champ fights now, and none have acknowledged BJ challenging for GSPs welterweight strap and losing. Maybe I’m missing something.

Having said that, maybe fighters who jump to another division to challenge are just really fuckin good.

Seen multiple threads about champ champ fights now, and none have acknowledged BJ challenging for GSPs welterweight strap and losing. Maybe I’m missing something.

Having said that, maybe fighters who jump to another division to challenge are just really fuckin good.

Because BJ had already succeeded in winning the Welterweight Title before losing to GSP.

I think TJ is dropping to get a belt while he can before 125 disappears. Then in a year or two we will see him at 145 going for a third belt.

Even on Sherdog this is flawed logic. If you flip a quarter 4 times the odds of it only landing on heads each time, or only landing on tails each time is (50%)^4 = 6.25%. However, if the quarter has already been flipped 3 times, there is a 50% chance that it will land on heads, and 50% chance it will land on tails. The final flip is completely independent of all previous flips.

People keep saying its weak for the bigger guy to drop weight. There are times when the smaller champ you want to go down in weight to fight is a much better fighter then the champ above you.

Back