Bakers Dozen MUSIC Game

13 songs you thought were ok on an album and blew you away live.

1. Velvet Revolver- Slither
2. Ben Harper - Amen Omen
3. AC/DC - Safe in New York City
4. Iron Maiden - Moonchild
5. The Doors - Light My Fire - Obviously never got to witness this live but... the single version of this is only 4 odd minutes long and doesn't do it justice, the album version is 7 minutes odd and though is musically awesome I just don't dig the blase way it is sung. It really does feel like a nice little jingle, Jim doesn't put enough welly into it for me. The live versions (especially on Bright Midnight, 12 minutes long) are fucking awesome, extended solos from Robbie & Ray, and Jim showing his true soul.
6. Kings of Leon - Taper Jean Girl
7. Buena Vista Social Club - Candela
Man those guys know how to throw a party, the smaller the venue the better!

Man those guys know how to throw a party, the smaller the venue the better!
Yes, saw them in Copenhagen at a smallish venue, the atmosphere was electric.
Granted, they'd already endeared themselves thoroughly to the audience pre-concert - through the movie, interviews etc - and given A LOT of respect from the sheer strength of their craft, their age and their goddamn suave but man they were something else live! Made a whole bunch of cold-hearted Scandinavian hips and hearts come alive - never too late to realise we've missed our true calling in life as gauchos and samba fiends, i suppose ;)

Granted, they'd already endeared themselves thoroughly to the audience pre-concert - through the movie, interviews etc - and given A LOT of respect from the sheer strength of their craft, their age and their goddamn suave but man they were something else live! Made a whole bunch of cold-hearted Scandinavian hips and hearts come alive - never too late to realise we've missed our true calling in life as gauchos and samba fiends, i suppose ;)
There is something special about live Latin music that makes me feel completely different to anything else, shit even in my kitchen I often listen to something Latin and it always gets me Salsa-ing around the table!

There is something special about live Latin music that makes me feel completely different to anything else, shit even in my kitchen I often listen to something Latin and it always gets me Salsa-ing around the table!
Does it affect your cooking?

I make a lot more mess and everything comes with guacamole!
Nice :D

tenor.gif

Yeah I know exactly what you all mean. Recently saw a cumbia band called Los Kumbia Kings. Cumbia is a folk genre and dance originally from Columbia and Panama. It has a loose feel with emphasis on percussion and tambourine. People of all ages moving around enjoying the easygoing atmosphere.

Yeah I know exactly what you all mean. Recently saw a cumbia band called Los Kumbia Kings. Cumbia is a folk genre and dance originally from Columbia and Panama. It has a loose feel with emphasis on percussion and tambourine. People of all ages moving around enjoying the easygoing atmosphere.
Good stuff. The inherent vitality of those latin rhythms is just contagious in the best way possible.

5. The Doors - Light My Fire - Obviously never got to witness this live but... the single version of this is only 4 odd minutes long and doesn't do it justice, the album version is 7 minutes odd and though is musically awesome I just don't dig the blase way it is sung. It really does feel like a nice little jingle, Jim doesn't put enough welly into it for me. The live versions (especially on Bright Midnight, 12 minutes long) are fucking awesome, extended solos from Robbie & Ray, and Jim showing his true soul.
8. GlassJaw - Mu Empire
9. Clutch - X-Ray Visions. Man they melted faces with that song in Florida last year. Neil Fallon was up there making crazyass hand gestures when he'd yell out "X-RAY VISION!" while the rest of the band blew the fucking walls off the place even tho it was a festival and thus were no walls. Their music rocked so hard it manifested walls of energy during the set, then fucking blew them over just to please the Dark Lords of Rock 'n' Roll! Muahahahahahaha!!!
Nah but seriously, it was great ;)
Great category and some great answers in here too!
10. U2 - Bad

8. GlassJaw - Mu Empire
9. Clutch - X-Ray Visions. Man they melted faces with that song in Florida last year. Neil Fallon was up there making crazyass hand gestures when he'd yell out "X-RAY VISION!" while the rest of the band blew the fucking walls off the place even tho it was a festival and thus were no walls. Their music rocked so hard it manifested walls of energy during the set, then fucking blew them over just to please the Dark Lords of Rock 'n' Roll! Muahahahahahaha!!!
10. U2 - Bad
11. The Cure - A Forest. I thought this song was ok at best on CD, but I saw them play it live at a concert in Atlanta... Man, the stars were coming out and the clouds were a dusky purple, lit up by the sunset. That ending baseline being played live changed my mind on that song ASAP.

8. GlassJaw - Mu Empire
10. U2 - Bad

I fookin love old U2, and first heard this song on the “Wide Awake In America” Live EP. To me, it’s such a better version than the studio one on “Unforgettable Fire”.

8. GlassJaw - Mu Empire
10. U2 - Bad
11. The Cure - A Forest. I thought this song was ok at best on CD, but I saw them play it live at a concert in Atlanta... Man, the stars were coming out and the clouds were a dusky purple, lit up by the sunset. That ending baseline being played live changed my mind on that song ASAP.
12. Blind Melon - No Rain - Never really liked or disliked the song when it came out. But when I saw them live they played the Ripped Away version that's on Nico and I became a fan.

8. GlassJaw - Mu Empire
10. U2 - Bad
12. Blind Melon - No Rain - Never really liked or disliked the song when it came out. But when I saw them live they played the Ripped Away version that's on Nico and I became a fan.
13. Trashmen - Goofy Foot - Awesome on vinyl, face melting live.

And off we go to the next one, since you guys like it: A dozen songs with latin heritage, please!
I'm picking BVSC to make you guys work harder <45>

1. Buena Vista Social Club - Clocks (Coldplay)

And off we go to the next one, since you guys like it: A dozen songs with latin heritage, please!

2. War - Low Rider

2. War - Low Rider
3. Paul Simon - Adios Hermanos (not sure if this fits the description?)

Last edited:

2. War - Low Rider
3. Paul Simon - Adios Hermanos
4. Ritchie Valens - La Bamba

2. War - Low Rider
3. Paul Simon - Adios Hermanos
4. Ritchie Valens - La Bamba
5. Besame Mucho - Various

Back