Bag Work...Beginner

Quote my reply and see for yourself.
Now, before people in here give you an e-beating, how long have you been training?

just a month now back in the gym, Just getting back into the gym did jiu jitsu for about a year and a half then took a bit off, havent worked much stand up only about a month now

Random and lazy observations :

Excessive movement.

You obviously have gym experience. Why couldn't u film this there ?
On a real bag
Instead of a mock up of a quadriplegic ?

You tilt your head funny when you throw your left.

You're not a real southpaw ......are you ?

I can tell.

You do some weird things in there.

You're overspeeding ...so much that I think even you don't know what or where you're going.
Speed for speed's sake is dumb.

Kick with shin ....not toes.

tma experience ?

You blew your wad out in less than a minute.

Almost anybody , with any rudimentary knowledge of striking arts , can look good for a minute.

Saw nothing defensive , no setting of traps , solid shots , precision etc.

Charlie Zelenoff ......That is all.

Lol.....no prob .

Youre not bad.
Keep at it.

Watch some videos of pros working the bag.
Almost none do it the way u just did ( save Paquiao ) and it's always a good idea to follow the majority rather than the exceptions ( at least while learning something )

All i saw was arm punches, leading with your head, weight on your front foot, extremely bad clinching/knee/kicks. Honestly, it looked like you are trying to impress someone than actually working on your techniques.

And work with a heavy bag, not with that shit.

Lol.....no prob .

Youre not bad.
Keep at it.

Watch some videos of pros working the bag.
Almost none do it the way u just did ( save Paquiao ) and it's always a good idea to follow the majority rather than the exceptions ( at least while learning something )

Ya, gotta start building some good habits now! Ill start watching some pros working the bag thanks for the advice

All i saw was arm punches, leading with your head, weight on your front foot, extremely bad clinching/knee/kicks. Honestly, it looked like you are trying to impress someone than actually working on your techniques.

ya im saving up for one at home i work on one at the gym. Ill try to focus on getting more of my body into my punches did see alot of arm punches in there. Thanks tho man!

All said I'd still give 3 maybe 4 to 1 he breaks you inside the ring.

Don't be so dismissive of others , especially when you're struggling yourself.

I'll also add that you would do well to copy some of his enthusiasm and vigor , when putting in work , as he could benefit from copying a bit of your ( may I say comatose ? ) training habits.

Last edited:

I'll also add that you would do well to copy some of his enthusiasm and vigor , when putting in work , as he could benefit from copying a bit of your ( may I say comatose ? ) training habits.

So i state what i saw = dismissive? Ok......it is not like i told him to piss off or anything, right?
And lol at enthusiasm and vigors. C'mon son.

No..please no, don't...don't look at pro's bag workouts! don't..the light in your career may end the second you do so, these guys have A SPECIFIC style, if they drop both their hands down and punch with the back of their fist, it works for them, when you do it, wont work for you. Just stick with the basic 1-2 and 1-2-3-4 stuff like that till you build good habits, when i started boxing, my coach did nothing but teaching me how to jab, another month how to combine the cross with the jab, i was impatient and i worked on other things on my own, NOW those things are bad habits that i cannot get rid of.

So here is my tip for you, you go ask your coach "What should i do on the heavybag?" and what he tells you to do, you do, nothing more, nothing less...and..later you will need to learn a skill called "Energy conserving", if you went to a real match with that speed and power on a ratio to your endurance, you wont be able neither to knock out the guy nor win by decision cause in round 2 you will be dead. Now this isn't offensive post, but you need to learn how to play it smart.

Next time show us the full stance too, not just the upper body.

lmao, 10/10 reply

edit: and don't listen to the simpleton above me, watch pros on the bags

lmao, 10/10 reply

edit: and don't listen to the simpleton above me, watch pros on the bags

No comment. TS, Its your choice to watch or not but if you will notice something interesting from pros...2 pros never hit the bag same way...and there is a reason for that. But its your choice.

So i state what i saw = dismissive? Ok......it is not like i told him to piss off or anything, right?
And lol at enthusiasm and vigors. C'mon son.

A 19 year old (going on 12) calling a 32 year old "son".

I guess it is easy .....being cheesy.

No..please no, don't...don't look at pro's bag workouts! don't..the light in your career may end the second you do so, these guys have A SPECIFIC style, if they drop both their hands down and punch with the back of their fist, it works for them, when you do it, wont work for you. Just stick with the basic 1-2 and 1-2-3-4 stuff like that till you build good habits, when i started boxing, my coach did nothing but teaching me how to jab, another month how to combine the cross with the jab, i was impatient and i worked on other things on my own, NOW those things are bad habits that i cannot get rid of.

So here is my tip for you, you go ask your coach "What should i do on the heavybag?" and what he tells you to do, you do, nothing more, nothing less...and..later you will need to learn a skill called "Energy conserving", if you went to a real match with that speed and power on a ratio to your endurance, you wont be able neither to knock out the guy nor win by decision cause in round 2 you will be dead. Now this isn't offensive post, but you need to learn how to play it smart.

Next time show us the full stance too, not just the upper body.

While I won't be as harsh as the poster below who called you a moron (?) I dare say that if , in the unlikely event you have seen a pro work the bag (yes , even online) , that you took the wrong lesson to heart.

Back