Bag Work...Beginner

What im trying to say is, the guy has no style, he didnt develop a style yet, what if he mimics an infighter while he is an outfighter? and so on? he shouldnt do anything stupid now and not to rush things.

Before you take the time to upload that youtube video for all the world to see, and then start a new thread on Sherdog here are a few things to consider:
If you aren't training at a gym don't bother posting your video.
There is nothing that will act as a substitute for training in a REAL gym. If you're looking for an ego boost you are sure to be disappointed because more often than not, you're going to look foolish prancing around

Plenty of stuff t work on, maybe start over and review the training methods.
If you start training MT or KB in a gym the coach will
teach you how to kick and punch.
It is much easier for you and him to correct the mistakes rather than
you selftraining in the basement and asking sherdoggers to critique.

What im trying to say is, the guy has no style, he didnt develop a style yet, what if he mimics an infighter while he is an outfighter? and so on? he shouldnt do anything stupid now and not to rush things.

You're still giving answers to faulty questions.
Questions I'm not sure even exist.

What I'm saying is that you mimic the tempo , the work ethic , the rythme n flow of what those guys do.....not the actual style itself.

Not like they're throwing bolo punches and triple hooks in there either.

Plus at this stage he's neither an out fighter or an infighter or whatever.

Can't believe I actually had to say this much less read this.

You're still giving answers to faulty questions.
Questions I'm not sure even exist.

What I'm saying is that you mimic the tempo , the work ethic , the rythme n flow of what those guys do.....not the actual style itself.

Not like they're throwing bolo punches and triple hooks in there either.

Plus at this stage he's neither an out fighter or an infighter or whatever.

Can't believe I actually had to say this much less read this.

As you can see, I didn't quote you in my last msg, clearly meant it wasnt for you and it was to explain my idea of saying "don't watch pro fighters". You know what, just leave it up to him.

working the bob is what is creating alot of your bad habits , get on a heavy bag .

your too hyper , probably because you are posting a video sherdog and trying too hard (understandable), slow it down and get the mechanics of the punches down pat , then speed it up a bit . when working on combinations , mind the non punching hand position ,

your kicks are not proper , i think that you are trying to regain your balance using the kick through method when in alot of cases it was not necessary ,

start off with throwing a round kick and concentrate on striking and landing in a balanced fighting stance , sometimes you kick through if you miss but if you dont miss the kicking leg has to retract back to your fighting stance , the same thing with your switch kick (strike and get back into fighting stance )

your back kick and spin hook attempt are lacking practice , indeed there is only one way to develop those kicks (lots of practice) but the fundamentals are not there ,
the spin back kick really doesnt have a spin on it , the trick is to turn both your heels at your target / turn your head and torso and push out in a lineal fashion , driving with the heel striking and retracting , ,, spin hook kick is totally diiferent motion
i wont even get into the driving of the elbow or termination of torso rotation , which at this stage is too advanced for you , just work on the fundamentals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YT]bSzvkAydKuM[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YT]Ls_WNx4HD4g[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YT]hGNBMJQVG98[/YT]

the above techniques have a tkd flavor to them , the muay thai version of the round kick has a step pivot as opposed to the pivot ,and some other small differences , i chose kwon kicker because he demonstartes alot of the other body mechanics that are going on within the kick

Last edited:
So i state what i saw = dismissive? Ok......it is not like i told him to piss off or anything, right?
And lol at enthusiasm and vigors. C'mon son.

You were being an insecure douche to someone who maybe has a week less experience than you do.

You were being an insecure douche to someone who maybe has a week less experience than you do.

Again man, that's all i saw and just state it like so. You cannot really deny that what's the TS is doing in his vid. Remember how harsh you guys were when i first start my gig? This is just a fraction of it, and i wasn't being mean either. I didn't go and do spinning elbow or high kicks when i first start out, did i? Just saying, he got a lot of work to do.

Just wanted to state something. Bruce lee once said something that means : He doesn't fear a person who does many types of kicks 1 time each but the person who does 1 kick many times.

I think, I'm still holding on to the idea of NOT watching pros on heavy bag and sticking to the basic form of jab, right straight, as he will see other forms of punches in pros, and if he is watching to learn weight shifting, hands up, or shit like that, then watching someone hit the bag isn't the best idea either.

Just wanted to state something. Bruce lee once said something that means : He doesn't fear a person who does many types of kicks 1 time each but the person who does 1 kick many times.

I think, I'm still holding on to the idea of NOT watching pros on heavy bag and sticking to the basic form of jab, right straight, as he will see other forms of punches in pros, and if he is watching to learn weight shifting, hands up, or shit like that, then watching someone hit the bag isn't the best idea either.

Or... maybe he might be able to watch pros throwing the jab, straight etc. with good form.

Go find me a video of a pro doing "other forms of punching" because you make it sound as if they're doing 360 spins and punching with a leg behind the head.

Oh look, a video aiding boxers with shifting their weight:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/tile-exercise-boxing-2255705/

Back