Back problem

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Daley, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Daley

Daley Blue Belt

Ive got a lower back problem. teh muslces are all sore, and i think that the reason is because i do a lot of sit ups but no lower back workouts to offset the situps. has anyone had this problem. when i lift my back, i generally do upper back and i think that my lower back hurts becasue i dont work it out.

if it keeps up ill go see a doc, but im trying to see if anyone has similar problems with too much ab work.

2. Lusst

Lusst Red Belt

Sounds just like sore muscles to me. I would suggest to start doing some good morning or deadlifts to strengthen it up.

3. Braziluvr

Braziluvr Guest

You can't be too careful my man. That's what I thought 5 yrs. ago, just sore muscles. I eventually had an MRI and it turned out to be two herniated discs. See your primary doc and have him refer you to an ortho & get it checked out. Believe me, once you hurt your back really bad, life's never the same.

4. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

Second that.

This is a great subforum with some really knowledgeable guys, but it's called the "Strength/Power" forum- not the "Physical Therapy and Muscular Rehabilitation" forum- for a reason.

5. Lard-ass

Lard-ass Sodomizer

Moonshining and banjo pickinĀ“ in Aintry.
    I used to have a bad back, muscles sore all the time. But since I started doing deadlifts my back grew stronger, no problems since. But as the others already said, get a checkup so your disc arent fucked up...