Ayrton Senna - Tribute to the Myth of Formula 1

Thanks for your cool comment bro!
Good work. F1 is still shady...also it was a tough weekend as Ratzenberger was also killed during testing...

Great post, but I suggest changing the title to "Y'all really don't know who Ayrton Senna is, do you?"

Good work. F1 is still shady...also it was a tough weekend as Ratzenberger was also killed during testing...
Yes , that happened on the 30th of April and in the 29th Barrichello, who was, at the time, a protégé of Ayrton, had an almost fatal crash. I mentioned this in the OP, if/when you have the time to read it thru, you will understand why ive mentioned it ... all of what happened seemed as if it were signs to was about to happen to Ayrton, and Ayrton seemed to be feeling those as such. As if premonitions. ( you can read and watch what im saying in the OP )
Cheers

My understanding of the cause of Senna's crash was a failure of the steering system. In attempts to make the cars lighter and lighter there was a lack of strength in the steering column. His death was due to the tire hitting him in the head.

There have been many conspiracy theories as Senna and the other drivers agreed to a drivers association to promote safety and the data ended before the crash. Some theorized that Senna was killed after the crash to try to prevent the drivers association. F1 blamed the rough track causing the cars to bottom out. It's a dangerous sport with those who enjoy taking risks participating. Even those who retire from racing sometimes continue to take risks. There was even one theory that Senna intentionally hit the wall as there didn't appear to be any attempt to steer the car.

Senna was probably nearing retirement age for Formula One. You have to race because you want to race, not because someone else wants you to or you feel obligated to keep racing.

Last edited:
G0exb_s-200x150.gif

JK that's shits tough

I was too young to see senna live but my father has always told me stories and reminds me how great he was whenever F1 is on.

He even cut short his wedding night to go home and watch him race....
RIP.

amazing and wonderful tribute to a race car driver.
many thanks for the effort.

25 years ago today, and his memory remains ...

There have been many conspiracy theories as Senna and the other drivers agreed to a drivers association to promote safety and the data ended before the crash. Some theorized that Senna was killed after the crash to try to prevent the drivers association. F1 blamed the rough track causing the cars to bottom out. It's a dangerous sport with those who enjoy taking risks participating. Even those who retire from racing sometimes continue to take risks. There was even one theory that Senna intentionally hit the wall as there didn't appear to be any attempt to steer the car.

F1 fans are some of the weirdest conspiretards around amongst sports fans that I've encountered. You'd expect them to be 'smarter' than the average sports fan (I guess, based on it being a nerdy, technical kind of sport) but some of the stuff they come up with is staggering... then again maybe being 'smarter' just means you come up with more convoluted wacky shit, lol

Anyway, F1 really did step up safety bigtime after Senna's death, so it seems strange to say he was 'killed' to prevent safety from improving (though I guess immediately after the crash, it wasn't known that things safety would improve so much, so I guess might have seemed like a 'reasonable' conspiracy at the time).

Well, I watched that race live, it's a very vivid 'early memory' for me, as was the day before when my mum told me that a driver had been killed 'Berger or Razenberger or something' and I was left wondering who, and had a strong sense of dread already when tuning in the next day...

I was a huge fan of F1 but when I saw the incident I swore I wouldn't watch it again because if the best that ever was wasn't safe, then no one was. A little irrational maybe but i've barely watched F1 since 1994 (other than Villeneuve's winning season).

Ayrton was simply amazing. You can’t teach that. Will go down as one of the greats, that’s for sure. I have him at 2 on my list.

"Once i realized there was something special in there i really foccus and try to learn about myself, because its basically learning about your self. Learning about your own limitations, learning about your strengths, your qualities, and trying to make, as a whole, a smoother person."

- Ayrton Senna

Ayrtonblack-white.png

There is a good Netflix doc called senna. I think it’s been out for a while. We all knew aryton is a legend, but the doc was well done. RIP Senna.

There is a good Netflix doc called senna. I think it’s been out for a while. We all knew aryton is a legend, but the doc was well done. RIP Senna.

I watched it when it was released at a local film festival. Buddy had a spare ticket. Really well done doco.

I don't know how true it is, but someone told me that the telemetry from the crash had him reacting to the failure before the data showed that something was wrong

Back