Awkward weight class for my size

A

Arashi

I'm about 6'2" and I weigh about 175 lbs. I wish I was like 190, 195. If I were to compete in the welterweight divsion (for MMA) I would be outweighed by some of those guys who can drop from 190. My question is how do I pack the muscle and keep it without struggling to keep it? I don't want to be dropping to the LW division (would be weird for a guy my height).

"gather heavy things. Move them around"
Drink protein, use the search function, NoxPlode. Muscle Milk.
Man, that was a lazy post.

I was 6'3" at your weight when I was like 17. Keep eating good foods and lift heavy. You need a diet plan and a lifting regimine.

How old are you?

Hypertrophy + Healthy Food + Sleep

Your height + 170 = easy to takedown and shitty base.

pSyKOaLby said:
Your height + 170 = easy to takedown and shitty base.

It depends on your wrestling and sprawling skills. Long Lanky ppl that train with good wrestlers develope good sprawls.

Just keep eating and lifting heavy and see how big you can get.

Im 6ft and 166 pounds(going for 164)...Im going to be one tall lightweight at my next tournament :)

Eric O said:
It depends on your wrestling and sprawling skills. Long Lanky ppl that train with good wrestlers develope good sprawls.

Just keep eating and lifting heavy and see how big you can get.

True, but nothing argues with physics. Alistair Overeem is a massive exception to the rule.

And I have to say, I'm having trouble believing Alistair is still under 205. When he came in, yeah, he was a lanky bastard. But that boy's been hitting them roids. He looks to me like he walks around at 225 now. I just don't believe 205 anymore.

You'd be best, IMO, to work towards 190, unless you're a really heavy striker with great takedown D already...in that case, just shred out what you got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back