• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Awful levels in otherwise great games....

The Maggot Lair in Diablo 2 and Resurrected cause fuck that fucking stupid fucking area. Shitty Maggots who breed more annoying little maggots ALL Over and crowd the entire screen so if you are playing a melee class or strong single target class it takes forever to mop them up. Then you got the annoying beetles who hit pretty hard with a charge attack, but even worse release high damage charged bolts when you hit them and if you have crappy lightning resistances which most new characters or untwinked characters do you can get absolutely wrecked. And they are all over. Oh and lastly annoying ass locusts which are physically immune on Hell and drain your stamina oh and they are all over too. Worst. Maggot Lair is narrow AF, Dark AF and you have go go through THREEEE Levels of that shit, a bare minimum of three times too once on normal, nightmare and hell difficulties.

@Law Talkin’ Guy @CubicleGangster @SalvadorCollie @steeldragon @idrankyourbeer
Just got Diablo 2+3 but haven't started yet. I'll keep an eye out for this area lol.

Just got Diablo 2+3 but haven't started yet. I'll keep an eye out for this area lol.

It's a mandatory area cause you have to go in there to get a quest item which is required to proceed through Act 2. Have fun lol. Hot tip. Don't go in there with a Paladin solo unless you group up. It will be annoying af..

Here's a video showing what it looks like. This is a low level sorc on Normal. It can get brutal in there on the harder difficulties.

It's a mandatory area cause you have to go in there to get a quest item which is required to proceed through Act 2. Have fun lol. Hot tip. Don't go in there with a Paladin solo unless you group up. It will be annoying af..

Here's a video showing what it looks like. This is a low level sorc on Normal. It can get brutal in there on the harder difficulties.

Looking forward to it. I've never played any Diablo game at all.

Wow.....I cant believe no one said it....

Xen in Half Life probably takes the cake for this topic.

Damn you, I was about to mention Xen. Although I didn't think it was THAT bad.
My pick is still the library from Halo 1.

OST was fuckin dope though

Did any of you play Black Mesa, the fan-created remake?
Apparently, they spent a ton of time completely re-imagining the Xen, looks pretty awesome!

Did any of you play Black Mesa, the fan-created remake?
Apparently, they spent a ton of time completely re-imagining the Xen, looks pretty awesome!

Yup. The did a great job all around, and yes, the xen levels are better by orders of magnitude. I still would say the last 1/3rd of the game doesn't hold up to the previous portions, though.

Man those Mary Jane missions in Spiderman were horrible. Also, pretty much any missions where you have to play as a small child. The hide-and-go-seek mission from Assassins Creed 3 was the absolute worst.

The famously difficult tutorial in Driver was bad too. It literally prevented tons of people from playing the actual game.

Animus crap from Assassins Creed
jaQlp8L.jpg

Do I win this hand if I mention Death Stranding? Or is the good and bad too tightly mixed in that game?

The landscape and climbing was glorious, the plot was unique and having a baby in a jar was awesome, but the whole game was just fetch quests and throwing piss bottles at ghosts.

This level in Super Mario Bros. used to torment me as a kid.

maxresdefault.jpg

I knew I had to get to the castle, but I could never figure out how!!

That stupid flag is in the way. I have tried everything, literally everything to get to that castle and I can't do it. My copy of the game must have been glitched or something, and there was no such thing as game patches.

The saddest thing is my mom wouldn't even get me any other games because she said I gave up way too easily on Super Mario Bros.

Back