Average reach at various heights?

I'm approximately 6'0 tall, and have a shorter than average reach of 67 inches. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the average reach is for men of various heights.
I personally have the wing span of a condor. I'm 6 foot 2 maybe a touch shorter getting older in my 30s and my reach is 79 3/4 inches. Long ass arms and no chance of long sleeves that fit

Average reach is the average height in the population.

Rocky Marciano had below average reach both for his height and the population at large.

Last edited:
i really hate how reach is measured cause shoulder length plays into it im 6 foot 1 75.5 inch reach finger tip t finger tip but i have very wide shoulders so arm length its probably around a person whos 69 inches tbh people need to do what boxers do now with arm length armpit to fist

5' 5" here and my reach is 68". I think it's normal.

if your reach is shorter than your height it means your legs are longer in proportion to your body than they are supposed to be or that your arms are shorter in proportion to your body than they are supposed to be. choose one.
It’s ok man 5’6 14 year old here with 6.3 reach, I can touch my knees stood up and am currently training unfairly in any class with strikes

I'm approximately 6'0 tall, and have a shorter than average reach of 67 inches. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the average reach is for men of various heights.

5'6" with 69 inch reach. Mmmmm 69

It’s ok man 5’6 14 year old here with 6.3 reach, I can touch my knees stood up and am currently training unfairly in any class with strikes

Do you have a 6.3 inch reach. My dick has more reach than that!

You mean you have a 6'3" persons reach on a 5'6" frame. That's pretty cool.

5’6, 68 inch armspan. I’ve got a very narrow shoulder width of about 11-12 inches though (from shoulder blade to shoulder blade) so I’ve got relatively lengthy arms.

i really hate how reach is measured cause shoulder length plays into it im 6 foot 1 75.5 inch reach finger tip t finger tip but i have very wide shoulders so arm length its probably around a person whos 69 inches tbh people need to do what boxers do now with arm length armpit to fist
I wouldnt even mind so much if people knew to even just divide by two.
I agree with what you said, but id be ok accepting that a boxer turns his torso, and thus his shoulder-length-from-spine into a punch.
What drives me nuts is when someone says that a fighter has a 14” reach advantage, and casuals think that each arm is 14” longer than the other guy’s.
No, he is dealing with a maximum of seven inches, and thats only if you accept my shoulder turn theory. its likely more like 5 per arm, if each guy is built sorta similarly.

I’m 6’3 ish and i have a 76 ish inch reach ......my penis is 7.6 inches long

I’m 5’9 with a reach of 73, for what it’s worth

armpit to the end of the fist my left arm is 24.5 and my right is 26.5 which is quite strange. I know I damaged the growth plate in my left wrist in 2013 which may have caused the anomaly in reach? Idk, id joke around and say it’s cuz I was born to box & the shorter arm is for my left hook and the longer is so I can drill my right hand

if my jab can touch you though, my right definitely can

I’m 5’9 with a reach of 73, for what it’s worth

armpit to the end of the fist my left arm is 24.5 and my right is 26.5 which is quite strange. I know I damaged the growth plate in my left wrist in 2013 which may have caused the anomaly in reach? Idk, id joke around and say it’s cuz I was born to box & the shorter arm is for my left hook and the longer is so I can drill my right hand

if my jab can touch you though, my right definitely can

So if your left had grown the extra 2" to match your right, you would have a wingspan of 75", which is average reach for a guy who is 6'3". That's the reach you have on your right arm.

On your left side, you "only" have the reach of an average 6'1" guy. Pretty damn good!

man its weird im 6 foot 1 fight at 170 or 185 and i have a 75 inch wing span bu shoulder to fist is 23 inches thats very small for my height right?

coach sue t try t claim i had long reach and i fought long but always had issues with pros sticking and moving keeping them at end of my shots trying to counter jab ect

i feel u cant go by full wing span cause i havevery wide shoulders for my size is 23 inches very small arm length for someone whos 6 1 170 185

I wouldnt even mind so much if people knew to even just divide by two.
I agree with what you said, but id be ok accepting that a boxer turns his torso, and thus his shoulder-length-from-spine into a punch.
What drives me nuts is when someone says that a fighter has a 14” reach advantage, and casuals think that each arm is 14” longer than the other guy’s.
No, he is dealing with a maximum of seven inches, and thats only if you accept my shoulder turn theory. its likely more like 5 per arm, if each guy is built sorta similarly.

yeah its half reach for each arm

tho striking at high levels u gotta be fast u dont have time t completely turn your shoulder side ways to get off each shot

So if your left had grown the extra 2" to match your right, you would have a wingspan of 75", which is average reach for a guy who is 6'3". That's the reach you have on your right arm.

On your left side, you "only" have the reach of an average 6'1" guy. Pretty damn good!

Got its positives and it’s negatives. I make it do what it do what what I got but some shorter armed dudes are disgusting with explosive uppercuts and hooks on the inside, I need a bit of range to work

Got its positives and it’s negatives. I make it do what it do what what I got but some shorter armed dudes are disgusting with explosive uppercuts and hooks on the inside, I need a bit of range to work

That's true. That's why I think you should be a sneaky counter fighter instead of a mainly aggressive fighter. Clever guys and hard hitters can take advantage of your aggressiveness because being aggressive is a lot more predictable than other styles.
Maybe you can mix the two, best of both worlds win/win

(edit) you already seem to kind of be going that way compared to a couple years go

That's true. That's why I think you should be a sneaky counter fighter instead of a mainly aggressive fighter. Clever guys and hard hitters can take advantage of your aggressiveness because being aggressive is a lot more predictable than other styles.
Maybe you can mix the two, best of both worlds win/win

(edit) you already seem to kind of be going that way compared to a couple years go

doing my best to make my style as difficult to beat as possible while maintaining my own mental tendencies.

gotta work on when to turn the aggression on and when to turn it off, I’m not a physical pressure kind of guy, I’m a mental pressure kind of guy. Even when I don’t plan on throwing, my goal is to make them feel like I am looking to do damage. This will hopefully allow me to capitalize on them attempting to capitalize on me - counter their counters and keep it moving. Once they are done ramp up the physical pressure while staying sharp mentally

one question and then something I just want thoughts on to see if anyone else has came back from it and became an athlete. I'm 20, 5'11" 195lbs 76" reach. Literally the same wide shoulder structure as McGregor only 2" up. (Currently lol) At 16 I was 5'10" 240lbs 74". I hear your reach doesn't stop until like 25? I already know I'm positive ape indexed to shit, But can it still grow? And yeah, any long sleeve I wear literally turns into a T-Shirt when I stretch. If a long sleeve actually fits my arms it's probably an XXL an the body looks like a fucking poncho. (Currently lol again). If it fits my body then my arms will be skin tight to the long sleeve and sometimes hurt my arms when i stretch. And has anyone else every gone from such a bad weight being THAT young and come back not just to get in good shape but actually become an athlete, and get good at MMA? at 16 I could lift my foot above my waist, now I can throw spinning back kicks (And land) and 360 roundhouse kicks (Fuck no, only for fun.) fairly well and high in the air. (P.S. I'm certain nobody compares to Kevin Lee HOLY FUCKING 77" reach at 5'9".)

Back