• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Australia to Buy Nuclear Attack Submarine from US; France Furious Over Betrayal

France aren't taking our calls. I wonder if we should've done the same when tens of thousands of us died defending their soil in two world wars.

Obviously not but what a bunch of wanks.

France aren't taking our calls. I wonder if we should've done the same when tens of thousands of us died defending their soil in two world wars.

Obviously not but what a bunch of wanks.

You're a tough guy ey?

You're a tough guy ey?

I'm really not sure what this means. Generally when people have died on the battlefield for your country you don't throw a hissy fit over a commercial deal that they themselves killed by incompetence.

I'm really not sure what this means. Generally when people have died on the battlefield for your country you don't throw a hissy fit over a commercial deal that they themselves killed by incompetence.

You know you're quoting an event that happened over 50 years ago.
Should we still not trade with Germany and Japan because of world wars too?
It's laughable that you are actually using that as a justifiable argument, I thought that you were being facetious.

It's laughable that you are actually using that as a justifiable argument, I thought that you were being facetious.

Not being facetious

I did like that line though when Charles de Gaulle was being a little bitch about American power. That country walks around with a chip on their shoulder like Russia

I know, that's what makes it more embarrassing.

oh-well-elmo.gif

You're not really doing much for your right wing beliefs or the Australian people with these terrible posts.
You weren't protesting in Melbourne the other week were you?

He put Australia first not USA ..

It's a multibillion dollar military deal for the US and it'll make Australia a more capable ally. I think the US has won on all fronts for this deal.

(multibillion being most likely 100B+)

You're not really doing much for your right wing beliefs or the Australian people with these terrible posts.
You weren't protesting in Melbourne the other week were you?

I wasn't at the protest and I don't support what happened there either. I don't see how that's relevant other than you expressing your expectations incorrectly of others.

Relationships are borne of past deeds and the costs that each have worn for one another. In the most serious of times we have stood with France and we will continue to do so in the future. Recalling an ambassador for a commercial deal that France themselves fucked up is infantile and makes them look bad on the world stage, but plays well to the local politics where Macron is up for election in 6 months. That's where the real reason for the outrage is: losing this deal is a huge blow to him and he needs to play hardball to preserve his stature.

I should point out that on page 8 of this thread I've made my position clear that it was wrong for Australia to blindside France though I have also indicated that it should have been well known. It has been a hot topic in Australia for a long time, it's been through senate, it's been through all of the news and media, it's been made very clear to them on multiple occaisons that it is totally unacceptable to the point where we told them our Defence Minister wouldn't meet the naval group until things are improved. They fucked it up royally.

Last edited:
Back