Attn: All Users

RG7

Longest standing member at Sherdog.com
@red
Reaction score
Ok, im not gonna make this a sticky since its just a few basic things to go over for the MMA section.

1) With Bushido gone by now and a lot of controversy swirling, people with opinions. Fedor fans arguing with Mirko. Ryan haters vs Ryan supporters (gee, wonder which one I am). Gracie fans, haters, Yoshida believers and the doubters (another hard one for me). There is a lot of good MMA talk, some valid points are being brought up etc.

We have let a lot go on both sides but its a reminder that fighter bashing is not tolerated. Things like 'I don't think so and so is any good, infact he sucks, he is sloppy slow and overated, cant wait to see him get KTFO'd, he is just a wanna be fighter living off lucky JD's' thats ok.

'Fuck him, he's a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and nothing but a petty bitch. He got fuckin lucky and now everybody wants to ride his jock, if your a fan your blind, he's obviously a fake piece of shit and a thug'

That is NOT ok and you can expect any of the mods or admin to catch it up and deal you some yellow cards or ban.

2) Regardless of how you argue, try not to flame. I understand things get irritating and people are strong on their opinions. I am not above this, I piss off enough people and I argue what I believe anytime.

'Wtf are you talking about? are you insane? did you actually see how slow he was? that was the biggest BS decision and all you can do is support because your biased and blind. Thats a joke'

Thats OK.

'Your a fuckin jock rider and a :eek::eek::eek:. Why dont you get off fighter X's balls and give a real opinion. What is he? your long lost daddy? just stfu bitch, nobody wants to hear it so go fuckyourself, or better yet go fuck fighter X'

This is NOT ok. And you'll be carded or BANNED.

3) Finally, we know that its frustrating when you can't make your point. But under NO circumstances do we allow multiple accounts for the same user. That means, no creating a new identity because you want to support yourself. And !!!NO!!! creating a new account because you have yellow cards and figure 'ahh screw it, easier to just make a new account rather than wait it out'.

I'm mentioning these things because they have come front and center lately and considering the fact that there is a lot going on right now in MMA (Bushido and UFC 44 just over, K-1 coming this saturday, GP finals around the corner, UFC 45 coming. Tito finally lost etc) the boards have been a bit wild. We like to give reminders from time to time just so people don't ask why we are cracking down etc.

Thx.

This is definitly a G rated forum . No violence sex or seggestive scenes allowed here . I like this forum but sometimes the parenting goes way over board .

I agree, when people flame calling people "rednecks", ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s" and "nuthuggers" it lowers my opinion of them and the forum. You should have stickered this.

The only point I'll make is that I hope all of this gets doled out objectively. Hopefully the modship will be bias free when deleting editing and carding.

of course, regardless of our personal opinions. We will nail anything out of bounds. We do give some leniancy with guys who ask for it like Phil Baroni who comes on the forum trash talking (used to, still does on UG) or Joe Son who wears a thong inviting criticism.

But none of us will allow anything overboard on any fighter. I have pulled several threads on Yoshida believe it or not. But do keep in mind, we moderators and admin are still posters so we will likely spend MORE time in threads that catch our attention. Therefore it may be more likely that I see something involving Arona or Ryan since these are 2 fighters im a big fan of and am usually actively posting in threads related to them. While we do our best to check every thread, please do understand that we have our personal preferences as to what we like posting on and reading so it may seem as though we are biasedly giving more attention to offences against set people.

However, we have well rounded out team all with different likes and dislikes so im sure we'll get it all one way or another.

Good point E.Onizuka.

Attn: Ryan Gracie 7

I realize that it is hard for you to be objective, being that you are an actual Gracie family member, but you have taken mod hippocracy to levels previously only seen by Kimo.

Your mma related comments are generally spun like a centerfuge, and your mod decisions are effected by this same blatant bias. You make seemingly little or no effort to not let your obsessive love for Ryan Gracie (as well as your love for the Gracies in general and your hatred for Gracie "enemies") taint your actions here.

Know that your actions do not go unnoticed, and that many of us think this site would be greatly improved if you were no longer part of the staff.

If you are not planning on quitting, at least plan on attempting to conduct yourself like a reasonable adult, or expect continued objects from many members.

Originally posted by Brainuse

I realize that it is hard for you to be objective, being that you are an actual Gracie family member, but you have taken mod hippocracy to levels previously only seen by Kimo.

Your mma related comments are generally spun like a centerfuge, and your mod decisions are effected by this same blatant bias. You make seemingly little or no effort to not let your obsessive love for Ryan Gracie (as well as your love for the Gracies in general and your hatred for Gracie "enemies") taint your actions here.

Know that your actions do not go unnoticed, and that many of us think this site would be greatly improved if you were no longer part of the staff.

If you are not planning on quitting, at least plan on attempting to conduct yourself like a reasonable adult, or expect continued objects from many members.

Please try to be more productive. As users have found in the past "ryang7 really isn't so evil". I do the best that I can. But I invite you to Private Message me when you see something that does not sit well.

Please use discretion since I don't care to hear every little idea. But if something definitely stands out that you think was wrong. PM me, it surprises me that you have taken the time to lay out your thoughts but haven't given any solid examples. Regardless, I do invite you to PM me. If you don't than you discredit yourself. I may not change a decision or fulfill your request. But if there is something that really stands out that you dont agree to. I can at least clarify what happened and why. That way you can have a better understanding if nothing else.

If you don't take my suggestion, it will only discredit you and prove that you just want to run your mouth for some reason (other than being constructive). I think im being fair, I'll always put up or shut up. I encourage you do to the same and look forward to hearing from you. Thx.

Originally posted by RyanGracie7
Please try to be more productive. As users have found in the past "ryang7 really isn't so evil". I do the best that I can. But I invite you to Private Message me when you see something that does not sit well.

Please use discretion since I don't care to hear every little idea. But if something definitely stands out that you think was wrong. PM me, it surprises me that you have taken the time to lay out your thoughts but haven't given any solid examples. Regardless, I do invite you to PM me. If you don't than you discredit yourself. I may not change a decision or fulfill your request. But if there is something that really stands out that you dont agree to. I can at least clarify what happened and why. That way you can have a better understanding if nothing else.

If you don't take my suggestion, it will only discredit you and prove that you just want to run your mouth for some reason (other than being constructive). I think im being fair, I'll always put up or shut up. I encourage you do to the same and look forward to hearing from you. Thx.

why did you delete the post agreeing with brainuse's post?

your obsessive love for Ryan Gracie

I agree here. Something is wrong with RG7.

alexander otsuka isnt very good compared to others in the MMA world....sounds a bit lame doesn't it?

Sometimes, it pays to have a hard look at yourself and ask, "Am I really an asshole? Do people not like me for something? What is it?" Not pointing out anybody, but sometimes, the way people say things, some other person answers straight back and posts a somewhat passage that seems like that person seems to know a lot more than the other guy and rubs it in his face.

I'm sure some of you guys know what I'm trying to say!

Originally posted by RyanGracie7
Please try to be more productive... But I invite you to Private Message me when you see something that does not sit well.

...PM me, it surprises me that you have taken the time to lay out your thoughts but haven't given any solid examples.

...I think im being fair, I'll always put up or shut up. I encourage you do to the same and look forward to hearing from you. Thx.
I don't really have anything to say to you in a PM that I didn't just say here in the open.

Solid examples? Posts and whole threads (often related to Yoshida or critical of Ryan or other Gracies) have been deleted or moved. You've held your Mod position over the heads of those who disagree with you. And if you reread any of your recent posts about Bushido, or just about anything else for that matter, they are laced with massive bias.

You are certainly welcome to your own opinions, and to be a fan of or detrator towards whatever fighter you want. I am certainly welcome to point it out when it becomes so ludacris as to effect people on the board because of your position.

Horrible horrible mod. Defend Tito or Silva or someone actually worth it. Stop deleting people's posts who you don't agree with.

I don't really have anything to say to you in a PM that I didn't just say here in the open.

Solid examples? Posts and whole threads (often related to Yoshida or critical of Ryan or other Gracies) have been deleted or moved. You've held your Mod position over the heads of those who disagree with you. And if you reread any of your recent posts about Bushido, or just about anything else for that matter, they are laced with massive bias.

You are certainly welcome to your own opinions, and to be a fan of or detrator towards whatever fighter you want. I am certainly welcome to point it out when it becomes so ludacris as to effect people on the board because of your position.

Deleting whole threads? thats interesting give me an example. Saying "well there are threads, u know, the ones you don't agree with" thats a load of crap.

I get a lot of heat just cause of the name, and thats cool. But honestly, point it out.

I can think of 1 single thread related to Yoshida that I moved out of the MMA section and 1 within the last month or so. Do I argue? Yea, but I leave things in the open. If I just deleted and ran off, nobody would know the diference to be honest.

Thats the ONLY reason there is a lot of heat, most mods and admin don't give any reasoning or say what they do because THEY ARE NOT accountable to the users. They are accountable to others.

I leave the threads on the forum and just argue fighting back and forth. I dont delete them, if I did there would be nothing to base it on and HOW WOULD YOU know what I delete and dont?

By the name RyanGracie7? assuming I dislike Yoshida and support Ryan etc? thats reaching a bit. Anyone who knows things, KNOWS because I post and the threads exist for everyone to read. Thats where the opinions of "oh he is a Gracie jock rider and a Yoshida hater" are formed.

But deleting and running off with mod powers. You wouldn't know who did what. I understand there are different angles to take on it and thats not a close case argument from me. But the truth is I argue and support my ideas QUITE a bit. Now if you just get upset because u disagree and think Ryan Gracie sucks and it makes you sick that I support him or that my nick is Ryan Gracie etc (which is the case with a LOT of people) thats different.

But it all just snowballs off people being immature. Again, if you see anything your open to PM me or any of the mods concerning the forums.

I dont know how much more open I can be. But if your just gonna cry and try to flame and make accusations of abuse because I actually have an opinion etc. I'm sorry, its not kindergarten.

You wont see me breaking the rules or abusing my powers, if you do think so, PM me and we'll take it up. But we have a LOT of mods and admin. We police each other, if the BS a lot of people cry were true (in terms of being unfair) I wouldn't be a mod.

Furthermore, I will admit that im biased as a fan and as a poster (anybody who says they have 0 biased is full of it) I have strong biases. And maybe that bothers a few sensitive people that a mod has his bias. I probably have more bias as a fan than any other mod/admin or even most posters. But that does not play into my moderating. If you think it does, then your questioning the competence and judgement of everybody involved in this site. Because EVERY THING I DO (moving threads, deleting, editing etc) is seen by the other mods. Moderating decisions are supported by the team. As a user and fan though, its your opinion so your free to do what you will (with the exception of breaking rules, some of which I went over earlier in this thread).

Originally posted by Fredricks
Horrible horrible mod. Defend Tito or Silva or someone actually worth it. Stop deleting people's posts who you don't agree with.

Beh, Tito and Silva have enough fans and defenders. Plus, they are far more proven. I think the guys I tend to defend more are Ryan and Arona. Because I think they are underestimated and they take heat. Ryan for being overestimated and Arona for being 'boring' (which I dont think he really is) and overated.

I dont think Ryan is a top 10 fighter. But he is a good fighter and tough guy. Its not just a name (Gracie) he can fight.

Arona, I think this guy could beat almost any LHW out there.

I mean you gotta be crazy not to think that he could beat Silva. Not saying he would for sure. But he is good enough to beat Wanderlei. He is good enough to beat Tito and he is even good enough to beat Couture, Lidell or Rampage imo. Anything can happen on any given night. But Arona gets too little fan.

P.S Arona is actually my favorite fighter. Ryan is one of my favorite fighters and the fighter I find most exciting to watch. But imo, Arona is an uncrowned champ in MMA.

RG7 should be demodded!

(oyo) should take his place... he is the most objective poster by far on this forum!

Originally posted by animal mother
what about the post you deleted IN THIS THREAD?

Shaolin was just out to troll and talk smack. Its all he does. I know him personally and he is sour grapes, not so much away from the forums but definitely on the forums. Anybody else would have their post deleted for trolling or trying to "stir the pot". And although he got the double yellows on his own accord (which proves he has a history), I can't play favorites or let the fact that I know him change my role as a mod. He was trying to stir the pot, he had like a 3 word comment just to push some buttons and stir things on. It got deleted, did nothing for the thread but push for conflict and had absolutely nothing to do with the topic or anything MMA related.

Back