Atama VS Koral

LordarshynBJJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Who do you think makes a better Gi and why?

I am looking to buy a new one and I really like Atama, but haven't tried out a Koral gi.

so which one is makes a better gi, and why? (i like the no back seam Atamas)

they are both quality gis... but with the price increase of atama, I'd say go for koral

they are both quality gis... but with the price increase of atama, I'd say go for koral

Atama used to be quality for cheap prices, its suprising now that its one of the most expensive Gis out there now:icon_cry2

thats why I am really disappointed with them now

yup -- we want 2004 prices !!!

not gonna happen since the economy is going that way--but when i bought my single weave 4 years ago I paid about $140 plus shipping Intl*

even when i got my atama a year or so ago i got it cause it was one of the cheapest out there

I was surprised when I got on there and saw a white single weave for the same price I saw colored gold weaves on there a year before hand.

Go with what fits. They are cut a lot different. I can wear a Koral but not an Atama. Lots of other guys can wear an Atama but not a Koral. Go with what fits - not price. A cheap gi or an expensive gi that does not fit is useless.

What I am saying is I'd rather spent $200 on a gi that fits than $100 on one that does not fit right.

Well I can't tell if it fits right until I buy it. :p

Anyways, quality is what I am asking about here. Price does not always indicate quality. Sometimes the cheaper one can be less quality, sometimes better quality.

Durability, and comfort wise, which one do you guys prefer?

Sorry I'm being so picky here but the actual opinions of people is way better than the descriptions on web sites.

Go with what fits. They are cut a lot different. I can wear a Koral but not an Atama. Lots of other guys can wear an Atama but not a Koral. Go with what fits - not price. A cheap gi or an expensive gi that does not fit is useless.

How is the cut different?

I started w/Atama years ago. Great gi. Went to order another and saw the higher price so shopped around and decided to try Koral. Koral fits great and seems to wear well. I would go with whoever is less$.

I was just looking and the Korals are more expensive than the Atama's. So I'm a bit confused why people are reccommending the Koral over the Atama for price.

I was going of JiuJitsuProGear.com pricing. Is there another place that has then for less?

I'll do 10% off the Atama with the code at the bottom, for what that's worth.

i own a Koral, and the top is great, but the pants' drawstrings aggrivate the hell outta me. haven't tried Atama, but I usually hear good about them.

Somewhat.. but not completely related.. I have a Vulkan gi that was both cheap.. and has thus far been pretty durable.

Ive used my Atama Gold Weave for years.
Its actually the only BJJ gi I know, but I love it! Besides it being heavy as hell for weigh ins.

Depends. If you are a big person and need the extra room Atama. If you want a snugger fighting gi get the Koral.

Personally I tried my friends Atama gold weave gi and it was good. But I decided to order a Koral gi instead. I love my Koral gi it is much nicer looking than the Atama and I like the fit better because people seem to have a harder time gripping my gi. I think my Koral is also lighter than my friends Atama. I would recommend Koral.

Atama used to be quality for cheap prices, its suprising now that its one of the most expensive Gis out there now:icon_cry2

yup -- we want 2004 prices !!!

not gonna happen since the economy is going that way--but when i bought my single weave 4 years ago I paid about $140 plus shipping Intl*

From time to time some customers ask us why our prices are not steady, I know it's hard for them to figure why we need to rise our prices above the average inflation. The fact is that we (brazilian based companies) depend on the exchange rate between Dollar and Brazilian Real (the currency in Brazil).

Back in 2003-2004 1 dollar was equal to 3 reais, that's why we could practice low prices and still have a good margin, but nowadays with 1 dollar you get only 1.6 reais, it's almost a 50% depreciation and if you look closer, we did not rise our prices in 50%.

There is a huge stream of investors dollars entering Brazil now, which is the main reason why the Real is getting stronger, that's the law of supply and demand.

One thing you can be sure, when the situation get's better it will be for all of us, including all of you that supports brazilian products.

BFW TEAM

Back