Atama VS Koral

I own an Atama Mundial #7, and I like it a lot. I especially like the new rip stop material in the pants, its really light and strong. My only complaint is that when I roll without a rashguard, the new weave in the top gives me rashes on my back. But then again, i always had sensitive skin, and another guy at my gym always rolls without a rashguard and it doesnt bother him any. guess ill have to toughen up. anyways, the Gi is cut pretty loose compared to the Korals, which can be both a good and bad thing. Which one is better for you depends on your body type. If you have a really slim build, i would go with the koral. If you have a really bulky build, i would go with the atama. anything in between is really a matter of personal preference. Just Make sure you break in the Gi before making any judgments. Since I have a slim to medium build, im thinking of getting a Koral to go with my atama.

Hope this helps

PS: Does anyone know a site where i can just get the Koral top instead of the whole Gi.

Meh the best Atama kimono compared to the best Koral kimono is cheaper here in Brazil. Just got an Atama. It's awesome.

Havent tried Atama (but i think i will order one soon).I really like my Koral MKM it fits like a "glove" on me.I think they are very good gi`s both of them

I am 6'0 183LBS and i have both the Atama #7 and Koral MKM (A2). The Koral fits me perfect as opposed to the Atama (A3) which I believe would better fit a larger guy. The Atama is still a great Gi especially the pants but it's now collecting dust in my closet.

The first time you put on an Atama mundial#7

it feels something like this.....

254-white-pixel-karate-dance.gif

What are the differences in the cut of the two companies? How does an Atama fit differently than a Koral. What are the major differences I have never been able to get a straight answer on this and I am in the market for a few new kimonos.Can anyone with experience with both please help me out I wear at Atama a6 and its a little big on me.

Like I said the Korals are cut tighter to your body. This is good if you have a skinny build, but bad if you have a bulky build. The atamas have a >slightly< (note the slightly) looser cut. thats the difference

Back