At which point did your recognize Fedor as the GOAT.

What was the particular miracle work he performed that made you give up all your worldly possessions to worship and adore him?

What knockout or submission really did it for you?
Or is the dominant eons long reign in itself?
unfortunately, when I started watching, Fedor was already at the top.
but his battles with Nog and Cro Cop cemented it for me.

sure he didn't keep telling yourself that he went from being a well rounded fighter to one that fell into a triangle choke and out grappled by Bigfoot. I'm sure the wins over Lindland and Choi was good enough to stroke his bravado that lead him to think all he need was to land one good shot.
Triangle choke loss is simply the law of averages extracting its grisly revenge,and with the age,injuries and now the loss of invincibility aura the performances and confidence as well suffered a blow.

Triangle choke loss is simply the law of averages extracting its grisly revenge,and with the age,injuries and now the loss of invincibility aura the performances and confidence as well suffered a blow.

Fedor trained extremely hard, it was only a matter of time until he suddenly aged "overnight".

Roman Zentsov back in the day said he literally could not take Fedor's training regime, it was too harsh on his body.

Had Fedor roided like the cheaters he fought @ the ass end of his career, he may have been competitive for longer.
Mentally I think he stopped caring as much after so many fights.

Fedor trained extremely hard, it was only a matter of time until he suddenly aged "overnight".

Roman Zentsov back in the day said he literally could not take Fedor's training regime, it was too harsh on his body.

Had Fedor roided like the cheaters he fought @ the ass end of his career, he may have been competitive for longer.
Mentally I think he stopped caring as much after so many fights.
I think when you dont lose for that long,when you finally do...you just arent the same. It happened to Anderson too. GSP avoided the trap.

At this very moment

1437039407-e9jTnkq.jpg

LOL Really? In that fight Fedor lost every second until Arlovski decided to jump to Fedors sloppy haymaker chin up. Real GOAT dominates.

LOL Really? In that fight Fedor lost every second until Arlovski decided to jump to Fedors sloppy haymaker chin up. Real GOAT dominates.
Last 10 seconds*
If that.

I recognised him as GOAT during he whole UFC negotiations drama, around the time when they did the Affliction event. When they made so much noise about one fighter it was something special. The way other fighters talked about him at that time is like he was some kind of unbeatable Demi-god.

Arlovski's chin was considerably worse when he fought Rogers. He'd been finished by Tim Sylvia and others by that point. Your best chin is during your first fight. I guess I could explain the physiology, but don't want to take the time...

Your best chin is not always your freshest; some feel as if -- to an extent -- getting hit helps you take punches better. Ali was knocked down, by bums, early in his career, and, he was really hurting vs cooper (there's a lot of controversy behind how Ali won that fight), but, later in his career, he was getting whacked by Ron Lyle, George Foreman, and Earnie Shavers, without going down.

Submitting Randleman after the Randleplex and FINALLY fighting and beating CroCop. Things change though.

Jon Jones is the man now.

What was the particular miracle work he performed that made you give up all your worldly possessions to worship and adore him?

What knockout or submission really did it for you?
Or is the dominant eons long reign in itself?
I prefer not to boil down the entire history and present times of MMA into a nonsense discussion about who deserves the undefined title of *greatest*...

Realistically, the GOAT is either GSP or Fedor. I tend to give it to Fedor based on his super human performances during his prime. But I don't think GSP is far off. His resume alone is rock solid.

Towards the end of PRIDE. When he beat Arlovski and Sylvia, that pretty much cemented. People were already at the very least calling him the best HW of all time and the Michael Jordan of the sport when he beat those guys.

Fedor,got it. My choice as well.
haha... I appreciate the dry wit.

TBH I remember you posted some interview about Fedor and how he prepared striking to fight CroCop and that got me on board with his greatness. (I think his hand was destroyed but he hid it so they wouldn't cancel the fight? Balls like that are absent from MMA these days).

Back