At which point did you recognize Jones as GOAT?

What confirmed his GOAT status for me was when he ran back to the scene of an accident, not to check on the pregnant woman or the welfare of her unborn child but to collect his condoms and drug paraphernalia. That's GOAT right there.

I feel like people think that life is like GTA where cars are marked by big neon lights saying whose in them. Jones had no idea it was a pregnant lady and no one in that situation would. Even if he did what's he supposed to do? It was a car accident, and it's also not totally a hit and run if your car stays on the scene cause it can be identified. Jones wasn't fleeing identification for the accident, he was fleeing identification for drug possession. Jones would end up having to pay for the accident if he was at fault no matter what cause his car remained there.

I feel like people think that life is like GTA where cars are marked by big neon lights saying whose in them. Jones had no idea it was a pregnant lady and no one in that situation would. Even if he did what's he supposed to do? It was a car accident, and it's also not totally a hit and run if your car stays on the scene cause it can be identified. Jones wasn't fleeing identification for the accident, he was fleeing identification for drug possession. Jones would end up having to pay for the accident if he was at fault no matter what cause his car remained there.
If you possess any sort of morality or empathy you'd stick around to see if anyone was injured. Sure he didn't know she was pregnant but he was also so self absorbed that no one else's well-being other than his own ever crossed his mind. Also fleeing a scene for drug possession despite having injured someone is still reprehensible.

He's a great talent with an asterisks next to his name for life. Probably more about his cheating will come out post career through ex team mates etc.

Knew he was GOAT talent after he strangled Machida and dropped him on the ground like a bag of dirty clothes. Then his resume caught up to his talent after he took the 0 off Cormier.

PED's have this funny effect on you that they help you not gas and recover quickly. I think that is a wee bit of an advantage over a clean fighter. Hard to beat a guy in later rounds who is fresh as a daisy.

If nothing else, the stories that he's provided to mma lore are legendary.
Coke binges and partying before fights
Not training for much for a couple of fights
Hit and run on a pregnant woman and hiding from the police
Hiding under the cage at Jackson-Winks gym when the testers came to get a sample
The DC beef w/ the brawl, calling each other pussies/ punches after the bell, 2 fights
His only blemish is a fight where he tried to turn a deaf man blind with vertical elbows
Multiple suspensions where people think we might never see him again

Yet as we sit today, he's the best LHW in the world and maybe best mma fighter in the world.

When he beat dc the first time....a few months later I wrote him off as biggest waste of my fandom though

For me it was after the Machida fight.

Why that fight?

When Lyoto was just a short-notice injury fill-in on a 1-2 skid with no relevant wins in the past 2 years (the "1" was over 937 year-old Randy)

If you possess any sort of morality or empathy you'd stick around to see if anyone was injured. Sure he didn't know she was pregnant but he was also so self absorbed that no one else's well-being other than his own ever crossed his mind. Also fleeing a scene for drug possession despite having injured someone is still reprehensible.

Given the unfair and immoral consequences for drug possession it really isn't. Again nothing he could have done positive by staying except, what does "sticking around" actually accomplish positive for the woman?

Why that fight?

When Lyoto was just a short-notice injury fill-in on a 1-2 skid with no relevant wins in the past 2 years (the "1" was over 937 year-old Randy)

People forget that Randy was a 205 contender when Machida retired him. Came back to LHW won his first two fight before the Toney joke. The Toney joke makes people misremember he was fighting at HW though and wasn't in the mix. Dana legit said he's in the mix.

Machida's 1-2 skid involved a sd loss which many though he won and the Shogun loss where he went forward like a maniac cause of criticism from the first fight and got KO'd. Still very good case he was second best 205 fighter in the world. He was also filling in for a dude he turned into a meme. Losses are losses and Shad had the next shot and all but nothing says Machida's inferior.

To answer the question the WAY Jones finished Machida. Also think AS had said Machida was better at that point and I was going into that with the logic that Machida>AS. If you think Shogun or Rampage is better well exactly Jones beat them already.

When he banged Colby's mom.

Nah jk, after beating DC the first time.

Given the unfair and immoral consequences for drug possession it really isn't. Again nothing he could have done positive by staying except, what does "sticking around" actually accomplish positive for the woman?
Yeah drug laws suck but that's not the point. The point is that he was aware he had injured someone and had he possessed a single iota of basic human compassion he would have stuck around to help where he could have. The positive for the woman would have been knowing that she wasn't being abandoned in a time of crisis. You can't walk around preaching a Christian ethos and act the way Jones does, it's the epitome of hypocrisy. A Philippians 3:14 tattoo means fuck all if your actions constantly contradict it. I guess saying I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me sounds a lot better than turinabol strengthens me.

Got a fuckin prob w that? They wont strip of the title for eatin ass. Any benefits or powers gained are legal and natural.
yeah, vikings aren't pussies. They'd eat ass and rail a line after.

PED's have this funny effect on you that they help you not gas and recover quickly. I think that is a wee bit of an advantage over a clean fighter. Hard to beat a guy in later rounds who is fresh as a daisy.
He beat trt vitor though and sonnen

yeah, vikings aren't pussies. They'd eat ass and rail a line after.
Viking code doesnt prohibit the use of peds. If your invading lindisfarne you absolutley need to rail a line. Prohibited in mixed martial arts.

Back