At which point did you recognize Jones as GOAT?

And that tells you everything you need to know..

(Mostly that lhw is and has been a garbageass thin division living on the memory of its heyday almost 20 years ago.)

You know LHW didn't exist 20 years ago right?

Jones first win over DC solidified it for me! Everything since is just running away with it

When he beat Shogun into submission.
Still one of the greatest displays of martial arts superiority.

Hands. Down...

PED's have this funny effect on you that they help you not gas and recover quickly. I think that is a wee bit of an advantage over a clean fighter. Hard to beat a guy in later rounds who is fresh as a daisy.
6 of his opponents have popped so not sure hows its advantage

It hasn’t happened yet, but he is top 5. He should move up to try a different weightclass.

It didn't?

I don't even know how to deal with someone as unbelievably fucking stupid as you are. Do I point out that the 205 ufc division has existed since the 90s? Do I point out that it's been called the lhw division since at least 2001 which is 18 years ago aka almost 20 years? Do I explain to you how time works? Or language? Or basic fucking thought processing? Where do I begin with someone who's so goddamn dumb he makes Lennie from of mice and men look like a Rhodes scholar? Theres no help for you, son. You'd lose to Forrest gump in a spelling bee. It's almost impressive how much of a failure at just being a human goddamn being you are. That you even understand the basics of language, let alone accessing the internet, is a mystery no less bizarre than the building of Stonehenge.

Holy fucking shit are you duuuuuuumb. Now fuck off.

I don't even know how to deal with someone as unbelievably fucking stupid as you are. Do I point out that the 205 ufc division has existed since the 90s? Do I point out that it's been called the lhw division since at least 2001 which is 18 years ago aka almost 20 years? Do I explain to you how time works? Or language? Or basic fucking thought processing? Where do I begin with someone who's so goddamn dumb he makes Lennie from of mice and men look like a Rhodes scholar? Theres no help for you, son. You'd lose to Forrest gump in a spelling bee. It's almost impressive how much of a failure at just being a human goddamn being you are. That you even understand the basics of language, let alone accessing the internet, is a mystery no less bizarre than the building of Stonehenge.

Holy fucking shit are you duuuuuuumb. Now fuck off.

It wasn't called LHW until 2001. Also not so sure it was always 205 pounds.

I've almost finished a law degree? Am in two honors societies. STFU.

Jones will never be the GOAT, he'll always be a steroid cheat.

I have a question, do you chug the remains of Jone's steroid enema, or go straight for his poop chute?

When he just walked away after dropping Lyoto’s lifeless body to the canvas.

Last edited:
We're talking 2011 and 2012 are are we talking 2018, 2019? I think the division Jones entered was the deepest division except today's 155 and today's 155 is so deep it's destroying itself because of it's depth. Think post Chuck pre Jones 205 is the best a division can get without it getting clogged.

Often enjoy your posts too though.

2012 was when the division was so weak they had to start feeding Jon MWs. Post-Chuck, pre-Jones 205 was so weak Forest was able to become champion. Which sounds mean to Forest, one of the most lovable guys in the game, but let's be honest here.

In terms of spectacle and the accompanying "celebrity" 205 has often been the best in the game, but I think in terms of talent depth 205 has long been overrated. Part of that is just that it's drawn from the shallow end of the size demographic bell curve, part of it is that so many talented 200lb+ athletes are drawn into other sports which pay Big $$$.

I don't recognize roiders to even be in the running. If I did, no doubt Bones would either be the GOAT or he'd be up there with GSP, DC and maybe Aldo or someone.
hell vitor was just on trt during his crazy run in 20013 id say hes the goat of roiding then jones and silva

I honestly have never watched an entire Jon Jones fight from start to end.. I have only seen snippets and parts of rounds but never a full fight

2012 was when the division was so weak they had to start feeding Jon MWs. Post-Chuck, pre-Jones 205 was so weak Forest was able to become champion. Which sounds mean to Forest, one of the most lovable guys in the game, but let's be honest here.

In terms of spectacle and the accompanying "celebrity" 205 has often been the best in the game, but I think in terms of talent depth 205 has long been overrated. Part of that is just that it's drawn from the shallow end of the size demographic bell curve, part of it is that so many talented 200lb+ athletes are drawn into other sports which pay Big $$$.

Hendo got hurt and Machida and Shogun refused the UFC 152 fight with Jones on pretty short notice. Division was same as always just Jones had beaten all the contenders except Hendo and Davis who had just lost to Shad. Belfort's a former LHW champ(mock that claim all you want, every time he's interviewed we're reminded of it). Chael fight wasn't supposed to happen but since Jones refused his offer to fight him on a weeks notice, everyone thought Jones was scared so Sonnen jumped the line. Back then AS>Jones in a fight was a serious opinion and the fact Sonnen did so well made that a fight many wanted to see. People aren't going to be proud of that opinion might not admit they held it but go back in time that fight wasn't seen as a joke until after it actually happened. Jones v Sonnen was his second best PPV at the time after the Evans fight.

Forrest became champ because he beat Shogun who was being fast tracked to a title shot. Shogun was the closest thing MMA had ever had to a Jon Jones before. Forrest was the fifth sixth or seventh best guy(eight maybe even they had undefeated Bisping for a while) in the division but he upset the would be number one contender the shot was his. Forrest wasn't supposed to get that title shot. Think Chuck would have gotten the shot instead too if he'd beaten Jardine but he didn't. It's not like Forrest was the best guy in the division. This division was stacked 15 quality guys who were a win or two from a title shot. 2007-2008 IMO was actually the strongest single point for the division look at this roster from 2007-2008 view.

Rampage
Forrest
Shogun
Chuck
Wandy
Jardine
Evans
Hammill
Bisping
Machida
Thiago Silva
Gouiveia
Tito
Soku
Houston Alexander
Sakura
Boner

I spy 8 UFC champions on this list. Until you get to Tito everyone on the list was right there for a title shot. Franklin and Hendo would make it 10. Hendo of course left and Franklin came back.

Your 205 point generally could be correct but 2007,2008 was the point where the division was it's deepest in terms of parity cause they got all the new Pride talent and were trying to work in TUF 205 people. 205 inherits the spot HW had in boxing cause there's more talented 205'ers willing to fight in MMA(at least in USA) than HW's while in MMA HW tends to just mean fat people cause athletes that size are going to be doing something else.

I am super biased cause this is the division dynamic that got me into the UFC. That list might sound like music to my ears and not someone else's cause of the nostaglia involved similar to the Pride fans talking about their rosters. I still don't think the UFC has ever had a more quality filled division than 205 in the late 2000s.

Last edited:
Back