• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

At what point do we draw the line?

The UFC is there to make fights, the justice system is there to serve justice. That's where I draw the line. He'll deal with his legal consequences and that's it. If he's not jailed, if he has the license to fight, let him fight. If the courts decide someone went to far, they'll let us know and I'm fine with it.

I'm not sure there is a line to be drawn, every time I make a post on here about wanting to see the UFC become a respectable sport with integrity and credibility there's a long list of responses from people telling me to shut up and that this is entertainment and they don't give a fuck what happens as long as it's entertaining. Now on one side of that you could say people on the internet are retarded but I assume if you're taking the time to post on sherdog's UFC boards you're a pretty big fan of the UFC and MMA in general. So basically it seems to me the average MMA fan doesn't give a fuck and just want pure entertainment no matter the cost. I on the other hand would like to see the UFC more like the NBA or NHL in a sense. Both those associations have conduct codes and demand their players to do certain amounts of charity work or community service as well as dress respectable when they're representing their team and or league outside of gameplay. I don't know what the UFC has for a code of conduct or what it demands of it's athletes but I do know there is no fighter's union in the UFC like there is in the NBA or NHL... Maybe there should be, could that help?

Anyways I want to see the UFC grow in popularity because of the skill level of the athletes and the athletic competition between it's athletes not because of overwhelming personalities committing violent crimes and spouting ridiculous trash talk. That seems like cheap thrills to me that will grow old not something that will give the UFC longevity.

Last edited:
The UFC is there to make fights, the justice system is there to serve justice. That's where I draw the line. He'll deal with his legal consequences and that's it. If he's not jailed, if he has the license to fight, let him fight. If the courts decide someone went to far, they'll let us know and I'm fine with it.
Then let's throw out USADA and the codes of conduct. We know that's not happening and they do exist. Conor violated the code of conduct is subject to being cut. I just don't know if that's going to happen and he does deserve it.

I'm not sure there is a line to be drawn, every time I make a post on here about wanting to see the UFC become a respectable sport with integrity and credibility there's a long list of responses from people telling me to shut up and that this is entertainment and they don't give a fuck what happens as long as it's entertaining. Now on one side of that you could say people on the internet are retarded but I assume if you're taking the time to post on sherdog's UFC boards you're a pretty big fan of the UFC and MMA in general. So basically it seems to me the average MMA fan doesn't give a fuck and just want pure entertainment no matter the cost. I on the other hand would like to see the UFC more like the NBA or NHL in a sense. Both those associations have conduct codes and demand their players to do certain amounts of charity work or community service as well as dress respectable when they're representing their team and or league outside of gameplay. I don't know what the UFC has for a code of conduct or what it demands of it's athletes but I do know there is no fighter's union in the UFC like there is in the NBA or NHL... Maybe there should be, could that help?

Anyways I want to see the UFC grow in popularity because of the skill level of the athletes and the athletic competition between it's athletes not because of overwhelming personalities committing violent crimes and spouting ridiculous trash talk. That seems like cheap thrills to me that will grow old not something that will give the UFC longevity.
Excellent post. Thanks - you get it.

I honestly can't help but think of the children.

As corny as that seems, seriously, what example are we leaving and why would we want to dig ourselves into a cultural armpit that glorifies this shit. Embarrassing.

The UFC have moved on, the fighters who were affected have moved on and Conor has moved on.

What are you still talking about it?
None of this is accurate since there are still active lawsuits out there.
The UFC can't book a fight with Conor until they know what his legal status is.

Also
477695.jpg

TS,
I’ve read your post 3 times. And I’ve read your replies.

Here’s my reply....SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU PSYCHO TOOLBAG!!
I've read your reply a dozen times and here's my reply. Thank you. :)

Cut that piece of shit clown.He has done nothing but turn the UFC into a joke.

Then let's throw out USADA and the codes of conduct. We know that's not happening and they do exist. Conor violated the code of conduct is subject to being cut. I just don't know if that's going to happen and he does deserve it.

I'm okay with throwing out USADA - I'm also okay with keeping USADA and have USADA dole out punishment. I care as much about the code of conduct as Dana White does which is I don't. Has Conor done something dumb? Yeah, very but I'm perfectly fine if he returns to fight once he's done with whatever punishment he gets.

I think the UFC did a lot of wrong in regards to handling Conor for a long time but it is what it is. I'd rather see him fight again than not, you know why? Because he's a good fighter and there are some intriguing matchups to be made involving him.

At what point do we draw the line?

When someone is permanently maimed? When someone gets killed? A bullet through the head? Who has the bigger guns? Most money? Bigger mafia backing?

When that even more fucked up thing happens - because we all know this needs to be topped some day - are we still going to say, "But think about the hype!? Everyone is talking about it now! It's so much bigger! Biggest PPV numbers by far!"

Are we that desperate for cheddar that we need to pimp our character out for a new Lambo? Can't make an honest dollar by fighting and drawing a line at harming others outside the cage? This low life shit has to be done?

Where do we draw the line and say, "Fuck this. We won't stoop that low to support this. This has gotten ugly. Cut. Next. Have fun hanging out with your T-Rex armed man slave and Irish Butabi brothers looking drug dealing leprechaun fucks. Kiss an NBC deal goodbye."?

At what point do we ask that question?

dimdisguisedblackandtancoonhound.gif
It's not that serious

Yeah that guy is a douche. The same as that other guy. Rich fuckers with no morals.

The line is very clear for me now.

If the UFC signs a fight between Convict, and Nate for an inaugural title in a new UFC 165 division. I walk away and never come back.

I did it with the NHL. And I’ll do it with the UFC.
Hockey became boring, UFC was exciting and new, then it became a shit show, now I watch both lol.

Hockey became boring, UFC was exciting and new, then it became a shit show, now I watch both lol.

There is still all kinds of hockey. From int’l down to the kids you can watch at the local rink. I played minor hockey as a child. And still play shinney with other old farts. It’s refreshing to witness, or be a part of a sport. Simply for the love of the game.

And there are fights pretty much all day, every day on fight pass. Whether it’s live, or archived.

The Dana White’s and the Convict McGregor’s are not what sport is about. It’s not about millionaire NHL players, pissing and moaning to get more money from billionaire NHL owners.

It’s about passion. And just like every fucking sport that has ever gone pro. Greedy fuckers have all but ruined it.

Luckily I will always have the last say. If I get fed up. I’ll walk away and never look back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wat
Back