AT&T helped the NSA spy on the Internet on a vast scale

MusterX

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't be shocked but damn AT&T, really? There are a ton of companies that have helped the NSA in their surveillance program but it appears as if AT&T bent over on day one. They were more than happy to help every inch of the way. Just cell phone records alone they were turning over 1.1 BILLION calls per day to the NSA. I will never do business with this company again.

AT&T helped the National Security Agency spy on the Internet on a vast scale

The National Security Agency

You are mistaken. This is called progress. Our govt leaders just care about our safety and our freedom;)

You are mistaken. This is called progress. Our govt leaders just care about our safety and our freedom;)

I'm not shocked that the government wants to set up a Big Brother surveillance state because lets face it, we are ruled by self serving dishonest people. I do get surprised though at the number of businesses willing to help them. AT&T's extreme willingness to secretly spy on all communications on behalf of the NSA disgusts me.

I'm not shocked that the government wants to set up a Big Brother surveillance state because lets face it, we are ruled by self serving dishonest people. I do get surprised though at the number of businesses willing to help them. AT&T's extreme willingness to secretly spy on all communications on behalf of the NSA disgusts me.

I agree.

I think these CEO's and companies are just willing to sell their soul for money and favors.

According to Snowden, a lot of companies tried to fight this, but they were dragged into secret courts with secret judges who granted literally 99.9% of the NSA's requests. I don't know what the context was for AT&T rolling over, but we have a major problem and it's in our government.

The reality is...every person, no matter how highly they're thought of, has an inner scumbag, and granting them power over others brings out that scumbag, sometimes to sickening degrees. There are no angels.

US government literally represents US business interest.

According to Snowden, a lot of companies tried to fight this, but they were dragged into secret courts with secret judges who granted literally 99.9% of the NSA's requests. I don't know what the context was for AT&T rolling over, but we have a major problem and it's in our government.

The reality is...every person, no matter how highly they're thought of, has an inner scumbag, and granting them power over others brings out that scumbag, sometimes to sickening degrees. There are no angels.

Yep and the people in charge at AT&T have been described as having "an extreme willingness to help" and started turning over the data within days of the warrantless program beginning in October 2001. They were down like a whore on nickle F night from day 1.

THIS is the guy to listen to.

[YT]3owk7vEEOvs[/YT]

AT&T is scumbag company on so many levels.

THIS is the guy to listen to.

[YT]3owk7vEEOvs[/YT]

I'll have to check that out. I actually read an article from wired.com years ago that used Binney as one of the main contributors.

http://www.wired.com/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/

If I remember correctly he said that the NSA has been working on quantum computing for a long time now because they feel its the only way to break 32 bit encryption. As it is now they can't which is why they need these businesses to help them.

A scumbag company collaborating with a scumbag government agency? You don't say!

I'm surprised people haven't heard of this; it's been public since 2006. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Klein

We didn't know the scale of something like AT&T and the released Snowden documents are revealing the scope of what they have done.

While it has been long known that U.S. telecommunications companies worked closely with the spy agency, newly disclosed NSA documents show that the relationship with Dallas-based AT&T has been considered unique and especially productive. One document described it as

I think the landline part is worse, what are they rerouting and recording landlines?

With cell phones and emails you can assume they aren't private, landlines and usps should be completely different

They continue to lie even when caught, this is the sort of people we are dealing with.

They got caught then lied and said well, its mostly just landline stuff, now the Snowden documents show that AT&T was turning over 1.1 BILLION cellphone records per DAY.

I just want to hear the corporate shills, gubment nuthuggers and general official story believers try and spin it somehow.

#keeping us safe
#terrorism

http://youtu.be/R90vWtcHLlE?t=59s

Back