At-home workouts?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by SouthSideJake, Apr 12, 2008.

1. SouthSideJake

SouthSideJake White Belt

Hey, I was just wondering...the gym I belong to is like a 20 minute drive from my house, and I don't always have a chance to get there, and I was hoping some of you could give me ideas of what to do at home with very little cost to get a good workout there. I'm moving closer to my gym/work in 2 months but want to do something in the meantime to help get me in better shape. Any ideas?

Thanks,

DJ

2. bad_coupon

bad_coupon Orange Belt

Check out http://www.rosstraining.com

First thing that comes to mind: make a sandbag. It gives you nearly limitless options and costs very little.

3. Klotz

Klotz Shalom

Fill a duffel bag with about 100 pounds of sand wrapped up in 5 or 6 garbage bags and duct taped. Shoulder it, squat it, press it, whatever. Also get a car tire and bang on it with a sledgehammer, try for like 100 hits in minimum time.

Also, get books by Ross Enamait; he specializes in that.

4. SouthSideJake

SouthSideJake White Belt

Wow, that's an awesome site, thanks for the link...I'll try those sandbags too

5. bad_coupon

bad_coupon Orange Belt

It's a recurring topic here, so you can either use the search function or just ask more if you have doubts. Good luck.

6. Ziltoid

Ziltoid In search for the Ultimate cup of Coffee

Ross FTW!! I have Ross Enamait - Ultimate Training For The Ultimate Warrior. Book kicks some serious fuckin ass!