1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Asthma!

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by BOYWONDER88, Oct 11, 2010.

1. BOYWONDER88

BOYWONDER88 White Belt

Does anybody else have Asthma who train?
    What do you do to help alleviate or surpass?
    I posted this once before, but in a different forum.

2. Morganation

Morganation Brown Belt

I had sports induced asthma when I was about 11,really fucked me up when I was playing hockey.I eventually grew out of it though.I had to have this inhaler with me at the games,fun times lol.Id go see a doctor about it so they can alleviate or help the problem.

3. thedon_1

thedon_1 Orange Belt

I had asthma when i was younger but grew out of it in my teens.

Now in my early 20's it has come back a little bit, i can get wheezy sometimes when the weather is cold but a puff of the blue inhaler sorts me out for a couple of weeks.

You might want to look at how pro athletes with asthma overcome it.

I know the runner Paula Radcliffe and the Manchester United player Paul Scholes have asthma but are 2 of the best at their sports. Might be worth looking in to their routines.

4. FiveFeezy

FiveFeezy Orange Belt

You should see a doctor. My son has asthma and during certain seasons he has to take medicine before doing strenuous activity. Exercise can help. Since my son started playing soccer a year and a half ago his asthma has improved a lot.