Asthma Issues

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

how do you control your asthma?

Oh yeah I forgot to reiterate and emphasize my first two points:

1) Stop eating grains

2) take fish oil (at least 6g/day but preferably 10g or more). American lung association actually recommends 20g a day.

and you can try stopping dairy or at least no milk but for me thats secondary.

Had it since I can remember. Brings back memories of having to sleep sitting up cause I couldn't breathe.

Avoid the inhaler when possible, for years as a kid I was dependant on those and know others who still are. They work great, but most are a short term fix and the effect doesn't last long.

I haven't used any kind of meds for it for a couple years now and feel great, get winded unusually fast every now and then but my body over time has adjusted.

On a side note, if a corner man slipped you an inhaler between rounds, it'd do wonders.

Had it since I can remember. Brings back memories of having to sleep sitting up cause I couldn't breathe.

Avoid the inhaler when possible, for years as a kid I was dependant on those and know others who still are. They work great, but most are a short term fix and the effect doesn't last long.

I haven't used any kind of meds for it for a couple years now and feel great, get winded unusually fast every now and then but my body over time has adjusted.

On a side note, if a corner man slipped you an inhaler between rounds, it'd do wonders.

This man speaks the truth.

Have you tried adjusting your diet at all? Its worked really well for me.

I too have exercise induced asthma. I use an inhaler 30 minutes before activity that may induce shortness of breath. I've had it since I was about 10-11, was caused by being around friends parents that smoked heavily. We ran a lot of wind sprints and suicides in wrestling practice, as I went into my senior year I was in such good shape that it hardly ever bothered me, but did on the occasion. Now that I'm long out of high school and been out of shape for a few years. When I get out of breath now the asthma kicks in and I wheeze for hours, even after using the inhaler. A lot of it has to do with your physical shape. Do as many things that will challenge your lungs and it'll help, but never cure.

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I'm going to try switching up my diet and slowly tapering off of the drugs. Hopefully I can get my cardio back up to a decent level in time for Pan Ams. If not, I'll be the dude everyone is booing for stalling.

Back