Assuming Jones was juicing against Gus and DC.

"That BiTchBOi tried to kill me! I hope he dies in a fire."

-Alex Gustafsson

Bones is one of the greatest fighters of all time. I think, much to the chagrin of his detractors, he will still be recognized as such. Look at Anderson, he got busted and many still consider him not only the greatest Middleweight of all time but one of the greatest of all time at any weight.

Because the pre and post fight test results for those fights didn't prove anything to you??

So if you are saying that he cheated the test then why didn't he cheat it this time??
Or if you are saying the usada is corrupt then none of their finding are legitimate and you have zero proof of and ped use??

Sherdog logic I guess?

I think only the people that use the stuff really know how much better it makes them. I have never taken the stuff but people have told me that it improves everything from vision to reflexes to recovery to strength. I see no reason why you would risk tarnishing your name and losing your ability to fight and earn money for two years unless the gains from it are massive. That just wouldnt make sense in a risk/reward analysis. So with that said Jon obviously felt the need to use the stuff to beat DC the 2nd time without a doubt. I think if he thought he needed it to win then i should also think he needed it to win.

Because the pre and post fight test results for those fights didn't prove anything to you??

So if you are saying that he cheated the test then why didn't he cheat it this time??
Or if you are saying the usada is corrupt then none of their finding are legitimate and you have zero proof of and ped use??

Sherdog logic I guess?
UFC was not using USADA testing until after the first fight. That fight was on January 3, 2015. Obviously its possible he was able to avoid getting caught by the old system but got caught by the new testing.http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-182-Jones-vs-Cormier-38841

Statement from USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart on
UFC Anti-Doping Program

June 3, 2015

“Today is a huge win for the athletes in the UFC as they set a new standard for all professional sport in protecting the rights and health of clean athletes and the integrity of competition.

The UFC has taken a bold and courageous leap forward for the good of its athletes in developing a comprehensive and cutting edge anti-doping policy expressly modeled on the key elements of the WADA Anti-Doping Program and by having it run by an independent and transparent National Anti-Doping Organization. USADA looks forward to supporting clean athletes in this sport, as in all sport, to achieve success on the playing field fairly and safely.”

Who knows how confident would he be without peds? I have a feeling he had not taken them for a while before the OSP fight and looked very tentative.

I thought he lost to Gus anyway, but it was close. Without the roids he sure would have. The Cormier fight was pretty close as well but I haven't watched it in a while. The first 3 rounds were close, round 4 Jones won and round 5 they didn't do much of anything.

I say this all the time. I had 1 for Jones, 2 for Cormier, 3 for Cormier, 4 for Jones, and 5 they did nothing whatsoever. Jones landed more "nothing punches" but Cormier did the most fantastic thing in the round with his slam.

Assumptions are pretty horrible to make, the fact is if Jones can't prove it was someone else's mistake then Jones' entire career is somewhat tainted. That being said, I don't think he needed steroids. So I think the fights would have gone pretty similar. I realize that these are called performance enhancers but I just think Jones could have got things done in another way, if the PED use did go back before his suspension or even to the beginning of his career. To bad we may have to wait another two years to see what a clean Jones looks like.

Maybe he juiced for most of his UFC career (I would say that this is likely).

Maybe most of his opponents juiced too (I would say that this is likely as well).

DC & Gus could have beaten Jones on the night they fought him though it just comes down to how the fight actually plays out.

I've been saying that DC would have beat Jones if the eyepoke didn't happen and people dismissed me because they're :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s.

If he himself didn't believe he could win without juicing, why should we?

Back